Ratings for Dr. Peter Lapner

Was my surgeon for major shoulder surgery. I am 29 and worked hard (through a lot of pain) in physio. - but my shoulder now less than a year later is 95% of my non-injured shoulder. I.e. as close to perfect as could be expected. I wish I could same the about an ACL surgery with a different doc. Dr. Lapner is quick in follow-ups which didn't bother me as I understand he is busy and fully trusted his judgement. If I break another shoulder - will be back lol

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Highly recommend for surgery of shoulder. If you follow all the rules you will have success. He is attentive, knowledgeable, and takes the time to answer all your questions. ble

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

I am very satisfied. My surgery: complete arthroplastie of the right shoulder was a success. I did everything Dr Lapner told me to do after surgery even if it was not always easy like wearing a support night and day for 5 weeks. My pain level never went more than 4 on a scale of 1-10 the first to week and no pain after that. I did The exercises he told me to do, not more not LESS. I would recommend this doctor to everybody I care for.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Had rotator cuff repair twice and still my arm is useless. Very disappointed with Dr. Lapner. Would not recommend this doctor. He appears to not have a caring bone in his body.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I found doctor Lapner to be less than helpful to say the least. He was late on all follow ups, practically refused to fill my short term liability claim form, and when I asked about the tingling in my neck he said "that's... Probably fine". After looking at my incision from practically across the room he said "great!" And began filling out his form. Then he was gone, yet I still had many questions, one being why there was a stitch hanging out of my incision that hindered it from closing properly for quite some time. All to say, the surgery may have gone well but everything else didn't. When I provide my trade service to a client I have the basic courtesy of treating them with the respect we can all assume to deserve.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Lapner is always running behind in his clinics. I find him very arrogant and is missing interpersonal skills. There is always tension between his students and staff and himself. After having surgery he disregarded my post op pain. He referred me to a pain specialist which was going to take over 2 years. My family doc has sent me to another surgeon and it was determined that I had a post op infection and I had to return to the operating room and have my shoulder replacement removed. I will never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2013

dr.Lapner is very professional my husband had reverse shoulder replacement last september and he is very happy about the result i would recommend dr.Lapner his staff would do everything to accommodate you. Been 8 hours drive from Ottawa we were very fortunate to be able to make an appointment and surgery within a year .

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I had shoulder surgery in May 2011, the surgery went really well, he put me at ease right before the surgery, I was always well cared for and very quickly seen by him at the hospital with the frequent appointments. I am so glad I had the surgery! I can use my left arm now!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

I had Dr. Lapner in Feb 09 for a torn Pectoralis Major muscle that tore off of the insertion point on my brachai (upper arm). I did this during a Hockey/Referee'ing event where i landed on my side, in full flexion - bracing for the impact, and a sudden jolt ripped the muscle off of the arm. I was sped through the system, and much to my surprise, i met Dr. L ONLY 15 min before going into surgery... he indicated the options quickly, and performed surgery. This was his apparent first time, and as as result was very conservative for post-op care. I have a 6" scar on my shoulder/deltoid, and it looks fine now, and I have 100% full motion and range back, within 8 months of the accident. Training, Physio, and massage therapy were all utilized. followups were quick and on time.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

I was referred by my Physician to get my Shoulder arthroscopic surgery to repair rotator cuff and have been trying to get an appointment to meet with Dr. Peter Lapner since March but haven't yet got an appointment. I don't know why? Also, I called his office several times and was able to talk to his staff only once and wasn't given an appointment but was told that I will get it when one will be available sometime in Fall, at the earliest. I informed his office that I am available at a short notice of even ten minutes and requested his office staff to call me if there is any cancellation. I think that I should be given an appointment date even if it is three/four months later or even a year later so that I can plan accordingly. Krishan Kumar M.A. (Econ.), M.Com. LL.B., M.B.A., C.P.A. 47 Starwood Road Nepean, ON, K2G 1Y9 Phone: (613) 723-9000 kumarklawyer@gmail.com

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Dr. Peter Lapner's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.