Ratings for Dr. Peter Lapner

Ruined my shoulder permanently. This guy is a hack!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dislocated my collar bone and had to go through an AC joint repair. Within 3 days of the incident I was in the op room. An amazing doctor, he explained everything that he’s going to do in a language I would understand and the pain was gone within the first 3-4 days

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Was my surgeon for major shoulder surgery. I am 29 and worked hard (through a lot of pain) in physio. - but my shoulder now less than a year later is 95% of my non-injured shoulder. I.e. as close to perfect as could be expected. I wish I could same the about an ACL surgery with a different doc. Dr. Lapner is quick in follow-ups which didn't bother me as I understand he is busy and fully trusted his judgement. If I break another shoulder - will be back lol

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Highly recommend for surgery of shoulder. If you follow all the rules you will have success. He is attentive, knowledgeable, and takes the time to answer all your questions. ble

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

I am very satisfied. My surgery: complete arthroplastie of the right shoulder was a success. I did everything Dr Lapner told me to do after surgery even if it was not always easy like wearing a support night and day for 5 weeks. My pain level never went more than 4 on a scale of 1-10 the first to week and no pain after that. I did The exercises he told me to do, not more not LESS. I would recommend this doctor to everybody I care for.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Had rotator cuff repair twice and still my arm is useless. Very disappointed with Dr. Lapner. Would not recommend this doctor. He appears to not have a caring bone in his body.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I found doctor Lapner to be less than helpful to say the least. He was late on all follow ups, practically refused to fill my short term liability claim form, and when I asked about the tingling in my neck he said "that's... Probably fine". After looking at my incision from practically across the room he said "great!" And began filling out his form. Then he was gone, yet I still had many questions, one being why there was a stitch hanging out of my incision that hindered it from closing properly for quite some time. All to say, the surgery may have gone well but everything else didn't. When I provide my trade service to a client I have the basic courtesy of treating them with the respect we can all assume to deserve.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Lapner is always running behind in his clinics. I find him very arrogant and is missing interpersonal skills. There is always tension between his students and staff and himself. After having surgery he disregarded my post op pain. He referred me to a pain specialist which was going to take over 2 years. My family doc has sent me to another surgeon and it was determined that I had a post op infection and I had to return to the operating room and have my shoulder replacement removed. I will never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2013

dr.Lapner is very professional my husband had reverse shoulder replacement last september and he is very happy about the result i would recommend dr.Lapner his staff would do everything to accommodate you. Been 8 hours drive from Ottawa we were very fortunate to be able to make an appointment and surgery within a year .

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I had shoulder surgery in May 2011, the surgery went really well, he put me at ease right before the surgery, I was always well cared for and very quickly seen by him at the hospital with the frequent appointments. I am so glad I had the surgery! I can use my left arm now!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012