Ratings for Dr. Pierre Asmar

Dr Asmar seemed very nice and knowledgeable at the consultation. We had IUI and didn't work. The next one seemed very rushed and I was confused as it wasn't quite big enough but he said it was fine-it didn't work again...I felt the second one was rushed and I wasted $2000...because of age he did keep pushing to use a donor and IVF which I just can't afford. 2 years trying and no children... I wasted what few thousand $ I had.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I hate to do this... or to say this, but this office has changed, and not for the better. I used them a few years ago, and had the best experience. We have a beautiful 3 year old now because of them. Granted, there were a few hiccups along the way... overall, Dr. Asmar has amazing to my family. Flash forward to now, we are looking else where. Other than Angela at the front desk... Dr. Asmar needs to do some really internal looking at staff. The new NP is nice enough, but knowledgeable... I don't know about that. Lan, the office manager... if you can get passed her rude attitude, knows what she's talking about... but to speak to her, its not easy. She's right, even when she's wrong. We have been told we would have to work with the NP bc Dr. Asmar is too busy, but I cant imagine that a Dr wouldn't make time for HIS clients. We don't pay to see an NP, we pay to see a Dr. To say my family and I are disappointed would be an understatement. Thousands of dollars later, pointless visits and still... no baby. We have decided to reach out to another center and hopefully have better results

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Great doctor. As a professional who needed help with some infertility issues, I found him very professional. He followed everything exactly by the text book.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I would not recommend Dr. Asmar EVER!!! I never leave comments but after my recent bitter experience with this practice...I decided to spill the beans. I was quoted one lump sum of IVF costs, and Dr. Asmar was pleasure during consultation. Lan-his Asian clinical coordinator is RUDE!! ALWAYS RUDE! I started testing 3 days after my consultations. I was away for three weeks which fell during his vacation time, and when I finally was preparing for IVF, literally the day they were supposed to order my IVF medications-which is the same day I am supposed to submit payment--they charged me another $3000.00. Why? because they started charging more, and they wouldn't honor my quote. Dr. Asmar had the audacity to compare IVF treatment with a "bag of Potatoes". He literally told my husband, if you go grocery to buy potatoes they might change the price every day..and it's the same thing here. Dr.Asmar I hope you are reading this comment, and I hope you will remember me! The nurse practitioner doesn't know any better either. Jamie barely has answers for concerns because she always has to discuss it with Dr. Asmar. Not to mention she ordered a genetic testing for me to be done, and assured me that is covered by my insurance, only to find out it was not! If it wasn't for the lab contacting me telling me we don't deal with your insurance and they won't pay for the test even after submitting the claim I would have been slammed with unnecessary $600! Jamie also ordered a repeat of blood test because she thought it was abnormal, my OBGYN laughed at it...I had one type of cells increased by 0.2 and she thought it was abnormal to repeat the test. I should have listened to my OBGYN from the get go and not consider this practice. Dr. Asmar might have the years of experience! but I am sorry, he's not a caring physician...the practice is money hungry, and he just wants to be competitive in the area by continuously increasing his fees! Also, you will never get to talk to him after the initial consultation, even when he does diagnostic studies...he will just be in and out..always in a hurry to leave. Overall, I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I found Dr. Asmar and his staff, particularly Angela, Carol, and Loretta to be extremely friendly and very informative and helpful. From the moment I called to make my appointment, Angela answered all my questions and was very knowledgeable and got me right in for an appointment the next day with Dr. Asmar. Dr. Asmar really took his time with me and answered all my questions and really listened to me and saw my needs as an individual person. Carol got me all scheduled for my surgery and Loretta was at all my appointments and my surgery and was so nice and friendly. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Asmar and his team. There are a lot of negative reviews and I know infertility can be a very sensitive subject for many. If it doesn't work, people can write all sorts of bad stuff. There are many more people who it has worked for and they haven't taken the time to write a review.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Great Person, Excellent Dctor. he is an Eminence is a very good experience Obstetrician & Gynecologis.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Besides the fact that his staff is rude, I feel dr. Asmar is incompetent. He started my first iui on cycle 10, assuring me it was not too late. After stimming for 6 days, I only had had one decent size follicle (my previous RE got me 3 follicles by this time and a successful pregnancy). During my last check, I told him that I thought waiting until the following week was too late, all my signs pointed to ovulation that day. He said it was wrong. Needless to say, I was right, he was wrong, and I wasted $5000. After that, he told me the only way I would get pregnant was through IVF (keep in mind, I've already had a successful iui). After dealing with carol, Angela, Lan, and their nasty attitudes, I decided to leave the practice. I ended up getting pregnant the next month naturally. Dr. Asmar is a quack and instead of taking so many vacations should invest that money in some continuing education courses.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

Dr. Asmar and his staff are extremely professional and knowledgeable. During any of my numerous visits, I have had all my concerns addressed and politely answered. Anytime a related issue (within his specialty) comes up, Dr. Asmar is first on my list for advice and treatment. The results from his treatments are phenomenal, and my quality of life has improved. Every year I go in for a check up and am confident I am getting top quality service at a reasonable cost. He has a wonderful staff. The front desk employees are always responsive/courteous, and the medical staff caring/considerate and capable. I appreciate everything that has been done for me. I am glad one of my friends recommended him, and I was smart enough to listen to her and make an appointment. Sincerely, Lori P.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012