Ratings for Dr. Michelle Hor

I had my doubts about her, and they came true. I have a rare GI disease, she did an endoscopy, and all is well. I am homebound b/c of pain. There are 2 very dangerous medications for this disease and I told her I couldn't take them. She also said she'd never seen abdominal pain in my condition, which goes against every single other doctor and every medical article and speaking to others who suffer from my disease. My last visit, I said, "Dr Hor, here is my goal, I want to be able to leave my house, I was hoping we could figure out how to make that happen and she just stared at me like I was crazy. So at the end of the appointment, I got the "F off" she said, as she was getting ready to leave, that "it's time I try alternative therapy." Gosh if that's not a F off you're too difficult of a case I really just don't want to put anymore energy into your case. I don't know what to do with your condition, let me research or simply say there's nothing else I can do for you, here are my suggestions. But to have an extremely ill 45 yr old woman who can't leave her house due to pain, ask you to help and you just say something like that. This doctor even did time at a motility clinic. She confused me more than any other doctor. I am sure she is more than qualified, but man she has a lot to learn about communication and how to tell a patient to f off other than ignoring her question and hopes. What doctor doesn't care about a patient’s pain level? She even hinted that maybe my pain isn't severe like I think. I asked her if when the pain is so bad that I end up on the floor crying unable to get any relief, how would you rate that kind of pain? She didn't answer. I am a very compliant patient, but after being diagnosed with GP, I realize doctors are completely and utterly clueless. It seems not just Dr. Hor, but a lot of doctors don't want to have to deal with real medical issues. Here you have this, take this medicine is most doctor's philosophy. When it gets more difficult than that, they run away. Whatever happened to the more severe cases? God forbid you get a rare disease; doctors don't want to have anything to do with you. It's truly sad.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

I am EXTREMLY impressed by Dr. Hor and her staff. I was listened with compassion and understanding. Dr Hor ordered the right test to try get to the bottom of all this and I feel confident in her experience.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

This is the most amazing woman I have met. God blessed me with this kind compassionate dr I have ever had. Anyone who says anything other than that are mean hateful rude Liars. She has stood. By my side fighting for my life and saveing my life time and time again. Even though I am an alcoholic. Her entire staff iscompassionate. She is a gift to this world.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

This Doctor was appointed to my motherinlaw at Penrose Hospital.She told my motherinlaw that she needed her entire colon removed because she has mircoscopic colitis. My motherinlaw refused to have it removed and we asked for a new doctor. The new doctor took internal biopsy and created a medication for her to take. It worked and she still has her colon and not a bag. Shame on Dr. Hor. I would never use her. She has no bedside manners either. Made my motherinlaw cry because she yelled at her that the colon needs to be removed. Never use her!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

Amazing Doctor. Really listens. She did a double procedure on me and spoke to me both before and after the procedure!! She is an excellent doctor who is very loving and caring.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

One of the most caring doctors in this city. I had 2 major emergency surgeries and she was one of the specialists. Lucky Me!!! She came in to visit and "check" on me at odd hours, and gave up some vacation time, until I was out of ICU. Seems to constantly worry about her patients, and is always aware of any tests done or needed to be done. Will not hesitate to answer questions of verify an answer

flag | Submitted February 17, 2008