Ratings for Dr. Bonita Portier

I have been a patient of Dr. Portier for over 15 years. She consistantly takes the time to listen to her patients with compassion and empathy. Very insightful, intelligent and intuitive doctor. I have dealt with two serious illnesses and she helped me make it through both of them. Very cautious with drugs and knowledgable about alternative treatments. When I moved out of state I made the decision to stay with her, even though it is well over a 2 hour drive one way. You will not find a better doctor anywhere and she is well worth the drive. Her staff is as excellent and responsible as she is. On the very few occasions I have had to wait a little for my appointment I never mind as I know she has given extra time to someone else who needed it.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

Very caring and compassionate. Has come up with helpful solutions that even Johns Hopkins failed to. Listens carefully and spends time with each patient. Has gone to extraordinary lengths to accomodate low income, under-insured and non-insured patients. I wish we had more doctors like Dr. Portier!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

Wonderful treatment! Kind hearted and listens to patients concerns

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I think Dr. Portier is fantastic! She is the only Dr. I have ever had that actually listens to the patient. She has always done a great job of diagnosing my illesses or needs and I hope she stays in practice forever!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2008

Dr Portier resolves my complicated medical issues with compassion and knowledgeable care.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2008

Physician is the Wellness Center Doctor at Mount St. Mary's University in Emmitsburg, Maryland. Physician does limited examination on patient, and when she finds the smallest problem, that becomes the diagnosis. She prescribes medications that do not work properly for that factor. Several university students refuse to utilize her services and opt for their home physician or ER attention.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2008

Dr. Bonita Portier's Credentials

• Wv Sch Of Osteo Med, Lewisburg Wv 24901 (Grad. 1991)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union