Ratings for Dr. Julianne Arena

Dr. Arena delivered my first child. She was dismissive and unfriendly. She made for an absolutely horrific delivery experienced. For her deliveries may be just another routine, but for me, this was the most exciting time of my life. She was clearly in a rush, and annoyed that it was taking me a long time. I felt like an animal in her care. I will never go back to SSWH.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr. Arena was very dismissive of me -- I saw her for a follow-up after a ruptured ovarian cyst. She basically had no interest in hearing what I had been through or what concerns I had. I left the practice after my visit with her.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

Ice cold personality. Misdiagnosed a miscarriage (went on to have a healthy baby), was not comforting at all and offered no followup. DO NOT see Dr. Arena if you are looking for a warm, caring doctor. I know three others who have had similar experiences - it's not just me. Don't waste your time, there are plenty of other great docs & midwives in that practice or others nearby. She is the reason I stopped seeing the doctors in that practice, and a major reason I will not return to that practice in the future.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

This doctor told me I probably wouldn't be able to have a VBAC because my pelvis was narrow. This was very discouraging and I found her to be very condescending. None of my midwives from the same practice ever discouraged me from having a VBAC and I did indeed birth my son vaginally. I would not see her again.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

Wonderful doctor who delivered our second son. Very caring and very knowledgable. Works with a great staff as well. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2008

Dr. Julianne Arena's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)