Ratings for Dr. Robin Brown

Dr. Brown is an AMAZING doctor. I have been to many other gyn doctors before and have not come across any like her. She came highly recommended to me and when I finally got to see her she was everything that I had been told. She was very thorough with her examinations and she ordered several tests to be done. She always calls when results are in and she has the ability to calm your fears. She comes highly recommended by me.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I was a bit scared after reading some of the reviews below a couple of days before I was to be induced. Dr Brown isn't my primary doctor in the practice so I wasn't sure what to expect. My little one ended up coming a few hours before my induction. Dr Brown had called me the day before to go over things and check on me. She ended up being amazing. It was a difficult birth and she stayed in the room almost the whole time. She really went above and beyond my expectations and I felt really lucky to have gotten her. She really tried to ensure that I had the birth I wanted and was very welcoming to my doula.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

AWESOME OBGYN. Dr.Brown delivered my first baby this January, and I didn't feel quite as scared with her there. She cares about her patients. One night before my due date, I was surprised and felt warm that Dr.Brown called me to check if I am ok. She is extremely astute and knowledgeable. Quite simply, She is just an awesome OBGYN. Would recommend him to ANY woman.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

Dr. Brown was absolutely reassuring, calming and helpful during both my pregnancies and births. She is an amazing doctor and I trust her completely.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

This doctor is competent as a physician, but it is quite obvious she does everything she can to avoid being sued for malpractice. Ask her any question and her response will be wishy washy, inconclusive, or "impossible to say." Women need gynecologists for advice and help with important decisions, not just the obvious medical stuff. I wish this doctor would stick her neck out a bit and be more of a human being. She can administer all the basic tests, check ups and delivery healthy babies, (to her credit!), but for anything else she is not terribly useful. Also if she calls you back, it is at odd hours and her manner in delivering bad news is robotic and poor. A nice person on the surface but she has much to learn about treating women's issues from a psychological standpoint. Case in point that a female gynecologist is not always the better choice than a male.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Brown for over 10 years. I have never had a baby so I don't have any comment about how she is in the delivery room. However, I've been through abnormal pap smears and breast issues with her and she has always been sensitive, calming and thorough. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

I was very unimpressed with the care Dr. Brown gave my sister for her first delivery. I am a physician myself and I just cannot believe how HORRIBLE of an experience it was. When my sister was in the hospital during her delivery, they COULD NOT get in touch with Dr. Brown. Finally, she came TWO HOURS LATE, even though she was suppose to be in the hospital and was called 4 hours in advance. Moreover, when the epidural wore off, she REFUSED to give her more until my sister was essentially begging her. It's also important to know that my sister has a very HIGH threshold for pain, so she must have really needed the pain medication. Also, she had an episiotomy and was not sutured properly. I know this because my sister always complained about something being 'off' in that area, and her 2nd ob/gyn (who was great) finally said something during her 2nd pregnancy. For the pain, she was given only motrin. Completely unacceptable -- and I would never recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2008

Dr. Robin Brown's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1985)