Dr. Cheryl A. Ferrier

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Cheryl A. Ferrier

She's great, and knows her stuff. She delivered both my kids and still does my yearly check up. Best doctor ever!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Such a caring and loving doctor. Excellent bedside manners. Had surgical procedure done and she really ministered. An A+ physician!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

It was obvious she prefers c section over vaginal delivery no matter the case to protect herself dealing with complications. my husband & I NEVER mentioned we DON'T want c section bcoz simply we are doctors in engineering not medical field so we cannot judge the case. I waited for 2 hrs with 5 cm dialation and she decided to do c section after 1hr. We had no objection at all,after 1 hour we asked her to check me again and surprisingly i was 10 cm dialated so everyone included her was wow how did that happen. Pushing was perfect until the baby came out then a 2nd degree tear happened with excessive bleeding. I fainted twice in the room, couldnt breath and it was an emergent case, all documented n the hospital report I requested later with mortality risk, all what I heard from her during hard moments "I HATE DRAMA, CAN U TELL ME WHY U DON'T WANT C SECT, you r gona b so soar".she made the situation worse in her mean words. I thought I would die an heard blaming only 4 sth I didn't do.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

I have been a patient for 10 years now and I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Ferrier. She is professional and incredibly caring. She makes sure that you are comfortable during appointments and really makes it a point to get to know you. I wish more doctors were like her.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

I adore Dr. Ferrier. She was a wonderful doctor during my single years and even better when I started having children. My friends and I all go to her and she has delivered all of our children and helped us through difficult pregnancies and various other issues. Very no-nonsense in her approach, which I appreciate a great deal. She will answer any question or talk to you about anything without embarrassment. Her front office is never that great but I like her nurses and assistants a lot. They all seem to be very nice, engaging and straightforward people, too. I would trust Dr. Ferrier with my life. I have, in fact. I love her!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

I started visiting Dr. Ferrier during my current pregnancy. With this being my first baby, I have lots of questions and was eager to form a relationship with a doctor to help me make the best decisions possible throughout the pregnancy. This was not at all possible with Dr. Ferrier. Throughout five appointments, I saw her no more than 10 minutes total. She was short and disinterested in my pregnancy. I felt very much like an inconvenience to her, which resulted in me switching practices. I am so happy that I did, as I now feel very supported by my OBGYN. I would not recommend Dr. Ferrier to any first-time mother-to-be. You deserve more attentive care.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Dr. Ferrier and her nurse are fine and polite but her front desk staff/receptionists are terrible, rude and appear to change their behavior and appointment wait times based on their personal prejudices. They never say 'Good morning', 'thank you' or 'please' to me, even when I greet them politely, whereas I have seen them being awfully nice and sycophantic with some other women. I always reach there on on time they always make me wait at least an hour before I can the doctor. There will be people who just walk in, and get seen within 5 minutes. The way this office works is that you sign in your name as you walk in and the front desk person, usually, Michelle, takes your chart out and places it outside for the nurse to pick up so she can examine you when it's your turn. So, if Michelle or the receptionist hate you for some illogical prejudiced reason, it appears that they place your chart at the end of all the other charts, irrespective of whether you arrived early or on time.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

she is the best Dr. I have had. I have been visiting her for my annual for the past 11-yrs.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Very pro c-section! I was induced, on perinatologist orders. 2 weeks before this she tried to have me schedule a c-section, then again the day before my induction. After 18hrs of non-active labor she told me I needed a c-section. I declined. I was doing fine and so was my baby. My water had been broken for less than 8hrs (which she did without informing me before had and did with a gloved finger instead of the usual instrument. This was the most painful part of my entire L/D ) I delivered naturally less than 2hrs later.Cold bedside manner. An early ultrasound suggested my baby might have down syndrome. She was very supportive of my decision to not risk my babies life with an amnio. However, I left nearly every appointment holding back tears as she continually relayed the worst case scenarios. I wanted to be informed, but I feel she could have been more respectful of my feelings: Maybe not telling me and every single appointment that my baby might not make it.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Without hesitation, she is the best Dr. I've had. I've been visiting her for my annual for the past 8-yrs and despite moving to MD will not switch to another. I trust her advice, concerns, recommendations etc. She is very kind and HONEST. Her staff is also polite and friendly:)

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Dr. Cheryl A. Ferrier's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)