Dr. Leigh Ann Curl

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Leigh Ann Curl

Last August, my son tore his ACL during football practice. As a Junior, it was very upsetting to him. We had originally seen a different doctor that was local. After him being dismissive and acting as though it wasn't a big deal , we chose to go see Dr. Curl at a recommendation from a physical Therapist. That was the best advice we could have received. Although we had to travel an hour each way, it was well worth the trip. She was very knowledgeable, and talked to my son about every step of the procedure, the PT, and what his odds of full recovery would be. She and her assistant, were absolutely great to work with. Just shy of the one year mark, he is back at football practice, and working hard at getting back to 100%. I highly recommend Dr. Curl and her staff, especially for an athletic person. She will do what is best for you, based on what your physical needs are. I am very thankful for expertise and kindness she has shown to my son.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

70 year old with what Dr Curl called a massive rotator cuff tear with 2 smaller tears. Now a year later my repaired shoulder is even better than the other one. Dr Curl is a world class surgeon, who treats you like you are her top priority every time you see her. If you need shoulder surgery you could not get anyone better than her!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I will never be able to express how grateful I am to Dr Curl and her amazing team! I was truly blessed to have access to such talent. THANK YOU. Dr Curl

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Dr Curl was nothing but Professional she took time to speak with me saw me every appointment even if the PA had seen me as well. She did surgery and has continued to be the utmost of caring and concerned MD and person. I had a Rotator Cuff Tear full thickness and she repaired it. I would recommend her to anyone and have. She did not once come off as being above me due to her affiliation with the Ravens , as a matter of fact if it were not for the pictures in the clinic I would not have known. Thanks For all you do Dr Curl.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

I had surgery by Dr. Curl 18 years ago for my shoulder, and have been happy with it, it changed my life. she also did my husband knee surgery both times we were pleased with her work! I even took my son to see her for a consultation, Dr. Curl has always been most professional and through doctor I have known. I would recommend her to anyone, and I have! I wouldn't goto any other orthopedic other than her!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

She is amazing. I was misdiagnosed by another doctor for over a year. Once referred to dr. Curl, i was told my bicep tendon seperated from my pectoral muscle & chances of healing was lower because injury was over a year old. I had surgery & rehab. Now i can do pullups pushups & much more. I will be forever GRATEFULL!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

Dr. Curl was referred to me (a nobody) by a nobody for knee replacement. She spent time with me explaining things and answering my questions. She and her staff are great! After 6-8 weeks of physical therapy I was able to go back to work and could walk without pain, which I haven't done in a long time. I plan on having a great summer with my grandchildren! I refer her to everybody I know. Thank you Dr. Curl!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

If you want to get back to a functional state as fast as possible after surgery, use Dr. Curl. Had ACL surgery after two separate recommendations from friends/teammates. Her specialty is shoulders and she did an awesome job w/my roommate's shoulder and an awesome job w/my knee. You may have to wait a few weeks for an appointment, but she is WORTH the wait. You will make up the time in rehab as you progress quickly back to being functional/independent. I was walking w/a normal gait without a brace in less than a week. Two friends both had ACL repairs w/other doctors a month after my surgery are in so much more pain and recovering MUCH slower. One of them had the exact same procedure as me. Neither of them were given instructions on rehab while I was given a few pages of exercises and post-surgery instructions. Surgeon skill as well as prehab and rehab really speed up recovery for me. So glad I went with Dr. Curl. Also her PA Larry is extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Dr. Curl is an amazing doctor. I traveled to see her for a shoulder surgery/fusion. The results were life changing for me. I wouldn't trust anyone else on my surgeries.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

Dr. Leigh Ann Curl's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)