Ratings for Dr. Ravi Dukkipati

I don't know how he is still in practice. I wish I would have read all the reviews before I went to him. Since 2008, he has not gained any better qualities. He is the most uncaring, rude, unprofessional, unknowledgeable physician I have ever met. His diagnosis is, "I don't know." How do you not listen to a single thing your patient is saying? What's the point of being a neurologist, if you don't care? When a person has had a numb limb for multiple months, has seen many specialists, get sent to Neurology as a last hope to only be treated like you're nothing. He didn't offer a single test. He just tapped my limbs and said he doesn't know, and he don't need to see me anymore. Left me in the dust! Terrible Doctor!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

I went to him for leg pain. I was told I have some form of neuropathy . I saw him several times and each time he prescribed a different medication. After 3 or 4 visits, he says some forms of neuropathy can never be traced. He said go to a pain management doctor. Turns out that I bad a bad knee and my knee needed to be replaced! Very uncaring doctor and doesn't listen to what your telling him.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Worst doctor I have ever had treat me in my 45 years on this earth. Steer clear!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

This doctor was the worst diagnostician I had the displeasure of meeting in my quest for a diagnosis. He dismissed my many symptoms as stemming from carrying an extra 30 pounds on me. He gave me a prescription for Neurontin and told me to lose weight. I went on to another doctor who said I looked the picture of a Lyme Disease sufferer. I tested positive not only for Lyme but for 2 additional tick borne diseases, bartonella hensalae and mycoplasma fermentans. This arrogant doctor wouldn't recognize Lyme Disease if he caught it himself. The "neuralgia parasthetica" and my approx twenty other (classic) Lyme symptoms went completely away with antibiotics another doctor prescribed. He wouldn't take the time to listen to the whole of my health and he was quick to throw a drug my way instead of try to get at the root of all my symptoms: multiple, systemic problems. (I had even described severe memory problems, severe fatigue, rheumatic pain..) I was condescended to and worse, misdiagnosed.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Very uncaring. I explained that I KNEW something was wrong - very wrong. He said, "Everything is fine. No follow up appointement needed." Luckily I was smart enough to go to another doctor who cared and diagnosed my disease.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

I have MS and absolutely love this dr. He's very empathetic and willing to talk to me about options as well as allowing me to decide when it's time to try certain new drugs for symptoms. He's suggested botox for my neck pain and does a wonderful job with it's administration. He suggests drug options but doesn't push them on me. He's always given me an ample amount of time to discuss current issues I'm having. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

This is a bad doctor. I advise anyone thinking of going to him to look elsewhere. Told me I had a virus..and it would go away within a month. Here it is 6 months later and I am worse off then ever.He doesn't take his patients seriously. Told me that there was nothing wrong with me and I need to see a shrink. Like a Psych is going to help with the lesions on my brain. This so called doctor shouldnt be a doctor, its obvious he doesnt care, or just doesnt know what hes doing. either way; beware.steer clear of this guy if you want to hold onto your health!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

I sincerely this so called Doctor is a quack. He writes letters for persons who want time off from work and charges them for a office visit without any examination

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Poor bedside manner, very distant. Appointments are very brief and doctor seems disinterested with patient's actual problems with disorder, doesn't make an effort to connect with patients. Heard similar complaints from other past patients.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2008

Dr. Ravi Dukkipati's Credentials

• Univ Of Ottawa, Fac Of Med, Ottawa, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1994)

• BCBS Massachusetts