You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kester Kong

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr. Kong is rude with no respect when talking to the patients. He suggested me to have a brain surgery, after a minute of short description, he expected me to make the decision right away. After asking two questions regarding to the surgery, he was upset that i have asking too many questions. He signaled me to stop, closed the file and send me out. This is a brain surgery, not taking a flu shot, we deserve a better understanding of the side effect. PLUS, There is no patient waiting outside. This is very frustrating, to face the surgery and this dr!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

My mom is a stroke patient. We arrived in his clinic a little late as my mom is old,weak and can't walk as normal people. Dr.Kong rejected to see my mom while no other patient was waiting for him in the clinic. He asked us to rebook and charge us $100 fee even my mom has OHIP. We didn't get phone reminder before the appointment. To get this $100, he rejected a patient, really bad!!! He doesn't want to see a stroke patient and had bad attitude to us.I regret to have booked this appointment which my mom have waited for 2 months. He doesn't care for his patient and rude. Not recommend this doctor, better find another Neurologist. I should have read the comments and rating here earlier.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I have to say this, that after accompanying my mother on two visits to DrKong that this doctor is to be avoided at all costs if you can see another neurologist. 1) he has absolutely zero beside manner. 2) he is down rude rude when speaking to his patients. 3) he answers were short and abrupt. 4) seemed to get upset when my mother seemed to be asking 'too' many questions about her diagnosis. He suggested a website that we could look up to get more information. WTH???

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Overall, he accurately and quickly diagnosed my condition which gave me peace of mind, after having seen chiropractors, massage therapists, and numerous diagnostic scans. The reception called and warned in advance of a fee for missed or late appointments so we made sure we were early. Recommend verification with reception of what clothing to wear for the appointment as Dr. does diagnostic tests requiring skin exposure. I read these reviews before visiting Dr. Kong so was not surprised at his bedside manner which is not polished. He asks numerous questions in rapid sequence for the check on medical background and the rest of the appointment was methodical and in stages which he explained. On first impression he is abrupt, borderline rude, but he is extremely efficient and does not waste any time and is focused on finding the root cause. I googled him later to find out that he is extremely well educated and brilliant. His knowledge and expertise I find far outweighs the cons of his bedside manner and substandard office setting. I am thankful for the reviews on this site. Maybe that was why I was not offended by his personality. I'd much rather have a doctor who knows what he is doing and is efficient than one that looks the part,

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr. Kong seem to be quite knowledgeable. I have no doubt about that. The problem is his demeanor and his attitude toward patients. I was treated like some hick from country side coming into big city to see a very special specialist. He seems to likes to come to quick conclusion about your prognosis if you were to fit into one of his mental pre prescribed symptoms. Overall, I would not recommend Dr. Kong even if he was the last neuro specialist on earth. Thank you.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

This is a extremely horrible doctor, never try to trust him, waste time!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

dr Kong is warm hearted nice doctor. He taking of my shaking hands with patience.He knew i could nor write and ask his secretary to fill in the form for me .He is professional n informative Total all ,he is good doctor

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I have seen Dr Kong twice and I had good experience both with the doctor and his secretary. Dr Kong respects patient's time and on both occasions I was seen within 15 minutes of my scheduled appointment. Dr Kong was patient and did not rush things through. He answered all my concerns without a trace of impatience. He even cared to give me a copy of an article from a medical journal that he came across regarding the illness I was suffering. I found Dr Kong quite pleasant and could not understand the many negative reviews that some patients posted here.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr. Kester Kong's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kong has extremely poor bedside manners, he is condescending and impatient. One of the worst doctors I have met. Avoid this doctor if you can. "

March 9, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kong is rude with no respect when talking to the patients. He suggested me to have a brain surgery, after a minute of short description, he expected me to m..."

February 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My mom is a stroke patient. We arrived in his clinic a little late as my mom is old,weak and can't walk as normal people. Dr.Kong rejected to see my mom while n..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have to say this, that after accompanying my mother on two visits to DrKong that this doctor is to be avoided at all costs if you can see another neurologist...."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Overall, he accurately and quickly diagnosed my condition which gave me peace of mind, after having seen chiropractors, massage therapists, and numerous diagnos..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kong seem to be quite knowledgeable. I have no doubt about that. The problem is his demeanor and his attitude toward patients. I was treated like some hick ..."

September 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is a extremely horrible doctor, never try to trust him, waste time!"

August 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "dr Kong is warm hearted nice doctor. He taking of my shaking hands with patience.He knew i could nor write and ask his secretary to fill in the form for me .He ..."

July 25, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Kong at Toronto Western Hospital. I found him knowlegable, helpful and professional. "

May 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr Kong twice and I had good experience both with the doctor and his secretary. Dr Kong respects patient's time and on both occasions I was seen wi..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr and secretary are garbage , he is not a Dr ,he is a business man , money ahead , he's secretary said I miss appoiment have to charge me 100 $ if rebook , but..."

May 10, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor and his secretary are extremely rude and unreasonable!! I couldn't make it for the appointment due to snow storm and requested to change appointment..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I finally decided to cancel my appointment with this "doctor". My mother saw him six years ago and it was her worst experience. She was actually very scared aft..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He made me cry sucks....RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE!!!!!!!"

November 25, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I will never want to see this doctor again. He was very very very rude and totally not professional. I've asked my family doctor referring me to other Neurologi..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is very rude and arrogant. I took my mother to see him. He treated both of us in a way he was way above us. He didn't speak respectfully (even in th..."

November 10, 2014
  • City changed from "Toronto" to "Scarborough"

April 2, 2012