Ratings for Dr. Howard K. Schultz

We are so happy your office is simple and not downtown in the hospital cluster and congestion.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Dr. Schultz was one of the most intelligent and approachable doctors I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. His manner was always friendly, no matter what kind of day he was having. He had answers to all of my questions, and he never led me down the wrong path. I would go back to his office in a heartbeat if I knew he was going to be my primary again.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

My whole family has been seen in this office for over 35 years now and have never had a problem or issue with care. Dr Schultz has looked after us for 30 of those years and has always been available to answer questions and concerns. He has personally seen our family though the unexpected deaths of both my brother and son as well as the expected death of my father even going the extra mile to make house calls for him when he could not leave the house. He is now in the process of helping Hospice over see the care of my mother and we could not image going though it without him and his wonderful staff. He is careful with his patent care and will have you come back in every few months to make sure you are doing well on any meds taken on a long time basis but is not about the money its for your everyday overall health. It is a pain to have to take time off to go we him but it really is for your own good. The office staff is helpful with ease to making an appointment to getting info sent to specialist he is referring you to. I would refer and recommend him to any one looking for a fantastic GP.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Dr. Schultz takes his time with me. I never feel as if he rushes through my appointment. Quite the contrary. He makes me feel comfortable and is very thorough in his assessment , diagnosis, and treatment. These are the reasons I've been a patient of his for 26 years. W.T.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr Howard Schultz is a great doctor. If e can't fix whats wrong he will recommend the best specialists to assist you. Very pleased with his knowledge and caring

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

On my last visit, I planned to have my insurance's once-per-year free physical when I needed a prescription re-fill for my anti-depressant that I have been on for 8+ years. I figured that this is a convenient time to ask for a re-fill, because I am a perfectly healthy 29-year old male and I don't really need yearly physicals yet. I spent a total of 20 minutes with him, about 5 minutes of which he spent working on the chart of another patient. He re-filled my prescription, but he only provided one 90-day supply, even though I have been on it for many years, and insisted that I return in 3 months for another visit. After my visit, I received a bill for a co-pay-- he had billed my insurance for a both a physical and an office visit, and I was being charged for the co-pay that I was trying to avoid. I called and he waived the co-pay fee. However, I do not agree with his practices on prescriptions and I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

First of all, let me start by saying I have never dealt with such a friendly and efficient front desk staff. They are always willing to give you an appt.within 24 hours if it's needed, and the wait time is never long to see the doctor. Dr. Schultz himself is a pleasure, a good listener, knowledgeable, willing to make referrals to specialists, even called me at home to see how my daughter was when she was stricken with something that landed her in the hospital. Although his humor and appearance is Hogan's Heroes Sgt. Shultz, his caring and skills is all Marcus Welby, MD. Highly Recommend!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

I began seeing Dr. Schultz about three years ago. I cannot understand some of the comments about him treating only one problem per appointment. I go in with my list of problems, and he deals with every single on of them. He never tries to generate revenue, always taking my phone calls when I have a question and giving me adequate refills for my prescriptions. He is cautious, but does not quickly refer the patient out to a specialist or demand copious tests. I do wish he would volunteer a little advice to improve my health habits, but that is not a big drawback with me. Always available for unscheduled appointments and sees patients promptly. I don't feel rushed when I'm with him. He's not gushy friendly, but he is certainly interested in the patient and I have his full attention during the appointment. I feel lucky to have him as my primary physician.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

Very condescending and often moody. If you catch him at the wrong moment, look out. Made my appt. for a cold, and then he refused to answer a side question I had about recurring headaches. Said I had to make another appointment. All for the $$$. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2012

Dr. Howard K. Schultz's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal