Ratings for Dr. Beverly A. Byrd

So glad I met Dr. Byrd! I finally saw a obgyn that understood what I was going through with my fibroids! I was told they would shrink with age. All my fibroids did was cause profusive bleeding 3 weeks out of the month! They grew in clusters pushing on my bladder and leg nerve. Dr Byrd assessed the situation quickly. Resulting in immediate surgery! These last 7 plus years have been the greatest!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Went in to pre term labor. And she had the nerve to ask me if I was doing drugs.... Umm no beeoootchhhh I've been telling you for three months I have green discharge and you keep telling me that im fine.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Had a very bad experience here. I chose this office to see Dr. Byrd, but saw a midwife that I do not feel was able to communicate well or comfortable with patients. It was communicated to me that I should go through as much pain as I can before getting an epidural. I was very clear with my wishes to have an epidural. It was my 3rd child and it ended up being a terrible delivery. The pain med I had clearly requested was waiting outside my door for the midwife to arrive. I had been at the hospital for hours. She came so late that I had no time for an epidural. She was very cold during the delivery. My child was born with a physical complication and the midwife did not even come talk with me or inform me. I am not sure she even noticed. She got out of the room as soon as possible. It was basically a natural birth and the worst experience in child birth I have had. I am pregnant with a fourth. I will not return to this office.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

LOVE this practice!! The doc is awesome the midwife is GREAT!! The staff is consistent helpful and makes you feel like family! One of the last private practices that cares for their patients one on one.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I'll second the experience below. I was seen by Dr. Byrd (mostly the midwife, Kristin Wiley) for my first pregnancy, which ended badly. There was no preventing what happened to me, but they made a bad situation worse both with a lack of compassion and with a couple of poor medical decisions. I wound up with several layers of complications that are now impacting my ability to have another baby, some of which might have been avoided with better decision-making on Dr. Byrd's part. I've since switched practices for my follow-up care and have been much happier in the new practice. I suspect this practice is fine for normal, low-risk pregnancies, but having an unusual and problematic pregnancy showed me that I couldn't trust their decisions. It's a shame -- I like the office, and I like Kristin, and it was nice being in a small practice where everyone knew about my problems, but I felt I had to switch. Like the reviewer below, my mom is a health practitioner with several decades of experience in women's health and she was there throughout the terrible end of my pregnancy and strongly encouraged me to switch practices afterward.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Expectant grandmother with 20 years experience as a labor and delivery nurse. Have not yet met Dr. Byrd, however, have met the midwife Kristin on a few occasions and found her care shoddy. My daughter has had hyperemesis since day one. Kristin did not even mention to her that there were medications that she could take until my daughter finally asked when she was 7 months along. Then, my daughter's blood pressure elevated. Kristin never told my daughter to look out for any signs and symptoms of pregnancy induced hypertention. After 3 more visits with elevated BPs, Kristin finally sent my daughter for labs. Finally, at my daughter's 39 week appointment, Kristin asked my daughter if the baby was moving. My daughter said "yes, I felt him 3 times today." Kristin said "good, you're all set." Now my daughter woke up at 5am and it was 2:45 in the afternoon when she had her appointment. I was in awe that Kristin felt that 3 fetal movements in over 9 hours was "good." Luckily, I am knowledgeable and informed my daughter of signs and symptoms of pregnancy induced hypertention and how many fetal movements that she should feel (at least 10 in a 2 hour period!). I only support my daughter's decision to use this practice because I am knowledgeable in obstetrics and she is only a couple of days away from delivery. I would NEVER recommend this practice (at least Kristin) to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Never actually saw the doctor, but her staff of midwives and nurse practitioners are not knowledgeable. I'm very frustrated that I'm having to switch doctors mid pregnancy.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Dr. Byrd and Allison Birdsey are awesome. We went to them for the birth of our first child. I can't say enough good things about them, their staff, and also Middlesex Hospital Birth Center Nurses. They are extremely professional and always made time for any problem that we had. My wife ended up having to get an emergency cesarian after a day of labor and Dr. Byrd made it to the hospital in less than 10 minutes. They have such an air of professionalism that, strangely, I wasn't nervous about the operation. The staff at Middlesex treated my wife like a Princess and did anything for her at a moments notice. They are awesome and caring. Great at teaching my wife and baby how to breast feed. I would recommend Dr. Byrd to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012

My wait time for my first visit was an hour and 15 minutes. The staff is extremely inefficient. I was told a prescription would be faxed to the pharmacy, but when I arrived it wasn't there. 2 days later, I received a call from office staff who said "sorry, I just saw this prescription sitting here, but in any case, you don't need a prescription because you can get it over the counter". When I met with the doctor at my last appt., her body language indicated she was in a rush to get me out of the office. At the end of my visit, I was cut off abruptly in mid-question when she stated "I have other patients to see now so you will have to leave". I told her it seemed like she was pushing me out the door. To my astonishment, she then stated, "Well, yes, I am kicking you out the door." Never in my life have I had such a benign and disinterested interaction with a doctor before. It makes me wonder if this doctor isn't suffering from serious burnout.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

I would not recommend Dr Byrd. I have a weight problem and instead of trying to help me with it, she was very judgemental and condescending. I also found her exam to be very short and not thorough at all.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

Dr. Beverly A. Byrd's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Middletown, CT