Ratings for Dr. Joel Q. Velasquez

This "Dr." VELASQUEZ HAS NO COMPATION FOR ME AND MY WIFE , I WENT IN TO SEE HIM FOR BACK ,NECK ,SHOULDER PROBLEMS AFTER 4 WEEK APPOINTMENT IN 20 SECONDS OF SEEING ME SENT ME TO GET X-RAYS AFTER ANOTHER 4 WEEK APPOINTMENT SPENT ALMOST AN HOUR AND A HALF WAITING TO BE SEEN AND HE SAID EVERYTHING IS GOOD THAT I ONLY HAD ARTHRITIS ON MY NECK AND LOWER BACK AND THAT MY ROTATOR CUP HAS NARROWED AND THAT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO WORK LIKE THAT . I ALSO TOLD HIM THAT I HAVE A LOT OF PAIN AND I CAN'T LIFT MY ARM CAUSE THE PAIN AND ABOUT MY BACK THAT MIST OF THE TIME I STRUGLE TO GET OUT OF BED HE DIDN'T CARE ABOUT ANY OF THE PAIN I'M GOING THROUGH . I'M A MOVER AND ASKED HIM TO WRITE A REVIEW OF MY BACK, SHOULDER , NECK SO THAT THEY WONT PUT ME TO DO REAL HEAVY WORK AND HE SAID NO HE WON'T DO IT . THIS DR. IS HORRIBLE, UNCOMPATIONATE, NEEDS PEOPLE SKILLS. WORST DR. I EVER HAD. EVER

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Worst Dr. I have ever came across. My husband has been a patient with him for the past year. Dr. Velasquez could care less about his patients. He loves to throw medication at his patients without fully understanding the problem, which could have killed my husband. He has been ill numerous times this year and couldn't get an appointment for weeks. While my husband was hospitalized Dr. V walked rite by his room and couldn't even stop in to check on him. Once he finally was seen after being hospitalized, Dr. V asked what had happened but cut my husband short and left the room, he couldn't care any less that my husband could have died. He doesnt care to listen, hes always in a hurry, even after you sit and wait for him. He promised certain medications and failed to call them in, and of course his office is impossible to get through to. He is a horrible person and a terrible Dr. We will be switching Dr.s, clearly...

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I have been a patient with Dr. Velasquez for over 20 years. Dr V is not only excessively late but fails to listen, he hears me but rarely shows any compassion. my last apt. Dr V shouted "your going to outlive your kidneys. As he announced it to me it became a death nail in my coffin

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I am not happy with Dr. Velasquez. He does not take his time with his patients. He always seems so rushed. I only stay with him because I can see the doctors I need to see within the network. I feel like he is more concerned with his image and how his office looks. No true concern for his patients. Its hard to get an appointment. He never once came to see me while I was hospitalized. He rushes you out the door. I once had to call the department of managed health care on him I was bleeding and needed surgery and his office took their time getting my approval. One time I went in and said I'm still having problems even after having a colonoscopy and he goes you never followed up with my instructions to go have another one done. I said excuse me read back through your little computer and you will see I did that two months ago. He did not apologize. I feel uncared for but I have referrals out to specialist soiI can't just change doctors.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Great doctor. Very knowledgable .Always have time for me and my mother.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Dr doesn't listen to what you say. Always in hurry even though you wait for him. Lets you have no more then 5 minutes of his time. Staff is rude on the phone. Only one of his staff was very friendly the rest act like you owe them. I feel he has a lot to offer his patients if he would just listen and give you the time.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

I had surgery 6 days ago with a different dr but scheduled a follow up with Dr. V.I called first thing in the morning to cancel because I have my 1 year old and am 6 days post op.I explained I think it will be too hard to load and unload him by myself and asked to reschedule.(Would have cancelled sooner but it was a Hoilday weekend).I cancelled the appointment and re-scheduled for 2 weeks out.About 10 minutes later I received a call back stating that I would be charged a $15 fee for cancelling.(This is higher than my copay).I asked even though I called and explained the situation?Yes,mam she responded.I asked why it was more than my copay would have been.It's our policy,she stated. I told her forget it I will risk harming myself and be at the appt but this will be the last time I visit this dr! I understand charging if someone doesn't show but when they call to explain a situation that could result in harm it shows a lack of patient care to allow them to come or to charge if they dont!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

I have had Dr. Joel for 7 years and I like him and his office staff. He is patient, and a good listener. He is good about asking and answering questions. He is knowledgeable about my conditions which effect many people at my age; I'm 52.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2009

I could never get an appointment to see this doctor so I was heading to Victor Valley ER. This is where I ran into him. He said that he would try and check up on me the following day - I was admitted for two weeks and never saw him. Change Doctors if you have him ....or you will regret it

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

I wish i would have read this before. It is impossible to see this doctor when you are ill. They expect for you to wait two weeks or go to the emergency room. I'm sorry but i pay my insurance so that I'll be seen by my doctor. I do not want to go sit for hours in an emergency room. This happened at least three times to me before i gave up on this doctor. unbelievable!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Dr. Joel Q. Velasquez's Credentials

• Far Eastern Univ, Dr N Reyes Med Fndn Inst Of Med, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1986)