Dr. Nicholas Mataragas

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge

Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Mataragas

Dr. Mataragas operated on my mother some years ago. She walked in but has been confined to a wheelchair since he operated on her. She has had severe back pain since the operation. On followup visits he kept saying it would get better but it never did. He never followed up with her at all after that. The day of the surgery he came out afterwards and said that everything was "textbook". Im not sure what textbook he read. My mom was paralyzed by his operation.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Was not pleased at all. Would highly recommend getting another opinion, was more interested in my spouse!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

It took Me some appointments to persuade DR mataragas to surgery even though he had Mri pics. But it ended great

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I speak very highly of Dr. Mataragas and his PAs (Paul, Adam and Kevin.) They make sure all your questions are answered and truly want the best for you. My lumbar fusion was a complete success...the severe pain I was dealing with prior to surgery was completely gone when I woke up. I was up and walking that same night. Recovery was much easier than ever anticipated. Glad to say 6 months later, I have absolutely no restrictions. Would recommend his expertise highly.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Mataragas is a young, innovative prodigy which is why we chose him from three doctors, all well-respected in the field of spinal surgery. He cares SO very much, more than might seem easily viewed and measured. It appears often that he always has something on his mind but if it comes across that he's "in a hurry", ask him to slow down. His massive heart and sensitivity to addressing your concerns is plainly apparent. We are VERY grateful we chose Dr. Mataragas.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

In search of care for my mother (age 79) who was rapidly losing mobility and muscle strength because of a pinched nerve, we sought out Dr. Mataragas. His credentials are impressive; everyone we encountered speaks highly and very respectful of him. He is direct and to the point and in the case of my mother’s symptoms his diagnosis was 100% accurate. His recommended treatment was also accurate with the outcome yielding better than expected results. We will never be able to repay him for the excellent treatment and care he provided but we will always remember. My mother who is recovering rapidly is exceptionally grateful for the ability to hold, touch and feel again. Dr Nicholas Mataragas is truly gifted and we are blessed to have found him.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

I was absolutely amazed with my experience at his office. His nurse and MA were so helpful. Even his PA impressed me with his knowledge and attention to detail. Dr Mataragas had such nice bedside mannor. (not to be akward, but i really liked his Louis Vuitton shoes!) with a friendly personality and skills for his trade, i would highly recommend Dr Mataragas to anyone with spine issues.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

Have had back issues for 9 years and he diagnosed the issue correctly within 30 seconds. I have lived with pain for 9 years and in 30 seconds my life has changed. There is a reason he works in our wealthy area and for the highly respected DuPage Medical Group.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

Many Doctors tried to fix the problem I was having in my back, but many failed. Until I found Dr. Nicholas. He has a special gift. I would recommend him to ANYONE. Wonderful people skills as well. Spoke to me so that I may understand. Not in doctor language. Thank you Dr. Nicholas.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

Dr. Nicholas Mataragas's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Lombard, IL