Ratings for Dr. Peter S. Lorman

Dr. Lorman performed a hip replacement on my mother. He used the most invasive, muscle damaging surgical method, saying "Well, I figured she's not going to be in a bikini anytime soon," and he chose not to use the alignment tables that ensure that the joint is in place in a manner that aligns the leg correctly. The work was faulty, and he never cared to discuss the resulting problems. He's a 'nice' fellow, but that isn't what you should use to measure your orthopedic surgeon. Modern techniques require not just training, but a physicians willingness to do a competent job. He shouldn't be practicing anymore (and perhaps he isn't). Find another physician and discuss your therapy and treatment options before signing off on a treatment plan.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

AFTER READING THE REVIEWS I WAS VERY SKEPTICAL ON TAKING MY DAUGHTER TO DR. LORMAN. I HAVE TO SAY I LOVE DR. LORMAN. HE WAS SO NICE, MADE MY DAUGHTER FEEL SO COMFORTALE. HE EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO US AND INTERACTED WITH US. I WOULD RECOMMEND DR. LORMAN TO ANYONE. DR LORMAN ROCKED!!!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

I would have to concur with opinions regarding lack of compassion and rudeness. I went to Dr. Lorman for a shoulder injury. He wrote me a Px for an anti-inflammatory then a follow up appt. I went back and he ordered PT sometime between Nov and Dec. I never received an approval from insurance and ended up falling very ill before xmas, then right after xmas I had to go out of state due my mom's battle with cancer which she finally lost on Dec 31st. I ended back in Dr. Lorman's office a couple months later (2/2011) after having injured my other shoulder, what luck. He was very rude and accused me of dropping the ball on my therapy. I explained the series of events that unfolded in December and he shrugged his shoulders and only blamed me. He then proceeded to tell me he had me on the wrong meds. He wrote a new Px and the pharmacist said there was no difference between new one and old one. I made a formal complaint to THIPA about him and Torrance Hospital. The visit was awful.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Although initially Dr. Lorman seemed more interested in my chart than in me, he turned out to be very helpful.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

I like Dr. Lorman. He took his time with me and is very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Undecided in treatment, only wants to do surgery. Very rude with you. Doesn't want your opinion.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

I work for a doctor's office & I referred my Dad to him 'cuz we send refer patients to him. His scheduling is almost same day bases.My Dad went and Dr.Lorman ordered some mri to be done. My Dad said he didn't explain anything and just ordered the test.Unfortunately, the mri came back that he had bone & liver cancer.The results came in when Dr.Lorman was on vacation so another Dr. had given us the result.3 wks later we saw Dr. Lorman 'cuz my Dad's shoulder was hurting.I went with my Dad this time to see why my Dad was not happy with him.When I asked Dr. L what was wrong with my Dad's shoulder, he said "He has cancer"! Didn't you know that!". Right in front of my Dad.I cried cuz i was so mad i couldn't believe his rudeness and uncompassionate remark.I would have told him off to teach him a lesson, but my Dad was already in tears and I just wanted my Dad to leave that office asap.Since then i never sent him anymore patient & I will speak bad of him since that's the kind of dr he is.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

He failed to do an MRI on my knee prior to surgery, believing that I only had a torn meniscus. Then, during surgery, he found that my ACL had been torn. Thus, I had to undergo another surgery. He was rude, arrogant, and dismissive as well. Highly unrecommendable.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2008

When our family did not sign the arbitration agreement at the front desk, we were left in the examining room for approx 45minutes. Dr. Lorman came in and asked why we would not sign. We told him it is not our policy to release anyone from liability for malpractice. We have never signed one to that dat and have not signed one with ANY of our family physicians. We have never sued a physician. The doctor examined my family member quickly and said nothing further. A cold hearted reception. This is afther he had been our orthopedic doctor for over 10 years. But no longer. In addition, I note he is NOT board certified in orthopedics at all. But every thing he advertises and puts on his door say orthopedic surgeon. Has he ever been trained in a residency or fellowship in orthopedics? WATCH OUT !!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2008

Dr. Peter S. Lorman's Credentials

• Arabic

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1965)