Ratings for Dr. Harry L. Mcdaris

Wait time is over 1.5 hours every time I visit. They charge if you need a refill called in and have missed your appointment for whatever reason. It's a pain to come here for simple refills and sit for nearly 2 hours before you even see the Dr. Considering changing to another.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. McDaris is the 2nd migraine doctor I have been too, and I only went with him because my mom has gone to him for years and adores him. He is a nice doctor, overall. At first, he wanted to automatically just put me on Topamax because that is what my mom is on..which makes sense. And when it produced negative side effects, he immediately changed me to something else no questions asks. He also worked with my Restless Leg Syndrome for a few months, but then referred me to a sleep doctor because he felt that he wasn't knowledgeable enough about RLS to treat it - I believe that takes a real doctor to realize your patient's health is more important than their copay. He is nice and participates in small talk, asks me about school, but I feel that is only because he knows my mom. His nurses though! SO NICE! Paige is so precious and caring! I work at CVS and as often as I have heard her call in prescriptions, I have never heard her sound anything less than cheerful. Overall, I recommend.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

This is my third attempt to find a doctor to give me relief from my chronic migraines. He not only treated me aggressively but also gave me advice on how to take my medicine for maximum relief and minimum side-effects. My father and I both go to him and I couldn't be more pleased. He is extremely knowledgeable and intuitive.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

I've seen doctors for migraines since 1984 and Dr. McDaris has given me more extensive treatment than all the others combined. He stays up to date on new treatments, new medication, and he participates in the study of migraine and their causes. He does ask a lot of questions, but that is because he wants to help you find your triggers. I'd be disappointed if he didn't ask me questions. I've seen other doctors for migraine that only wanted to let me know how much they knew instead of trying to find out what causes mine. I recommend him to everyone I know that has migraines. The nurses are very caring, and they always return your calls. I am thankful he is in my area - if he wasn't - I'd still make the drive.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Went to my first appointment with Dr. McDaris this week. I was in the office for 2 1/2 hours. The nurse (or office person) that finally called me back was nice - I'm just not sure what my childhood and whether both parents raised me has to do with my headaches. I mentioned to this woman that I was having some anxiety (because she asked) because I'll be making a big move soon to begin graduate school. After waiting for at least 45 minutes, the Dr. came in and asked about the move. For the entire time he was in the room, he thought it appropriate to ridicule my choice to pursue grad school (based on my profession). He asked very few questions about my headaches and did no more "testing" than my regular doctor does. I have never been so stunned by the lack of professionalism and condescending attitude of a physician.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

I had two appointments with him. The first was okay, but during the revisit, he only wanted to prescribe medicine without finding the cause of the headache. Then he got mad at me when I asked questions and told him I was not comfortable taking Topomax. (He told me that was my only option.) The office staff is useless. The lady at the front desk was more worried about arguing with her family on the phone than taking care of office business. I had to go pick up my MRI and deliver it to them because they dropped the ball when it came to ordering it. When I went to pick up my records before going to another doctor, they were hesitant to give them to me. I had to remind them that I paid for those records, then they begrudgingly gave them to me. My new doctor found the cause of my problem and treated it with success.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

He kept telling me my side effects only happened to 1 in 10,000--well, I'm that 1! then, I had to pick up a prescription and I asked if I could come on my lunch, will someone be there. They said sure, come anytime. got there at 11:15 and waiting room was open but window was locked up tight. I tried the door to the hallway, it was open so I walked in & wandered around calling out for someone. No answer. Finally, came upon their breakroom & there they all were, having a party. Sorry. Then, on top of all that, they had my name wrong on the prescription & I couldn't fill it. So, I fired him & went somewhere else. BTW, he never ordered the mri that finally found my problem--all he did was drug me & ask if I'd been abused. Loser.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

best doctor that I have ever been to. he also sees my husband and when it came to him and the cardiologist not agreeing on who should treat him.... Dr Mc Darris picked up the ball and ran with it. Got to admire him.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

he is called the headache doctor. 2005, i went in for intense pain from headaches. i thought he was to quick to prescribe RX for sleep. after several years of taking RX i quit. this year i had reason to compare MRIs taken in 2005 and 2008. i suffered abnormal brain activity in 2005. this year one of my doctors described them as TIAs. i now question McDaris and his not mentioning the MRI results. why did he give me sleeping pills? it puzzles me - his diagnosis was migraine headaches...i no longer take sleeping pills.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

Dr. Harry L. Mcdaris's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)