Ratings for Dr. Kurt V. Gold

Dr. Gold is the best Dr. I've ever known. He specializes in the treatment of pain management and anyone who has chronic pain knows the attitude of most pain specialists. In my experience they treat you like a drug addict and criminal because you want pain control. Their happy to give you shots and other methods that often don't help but they prescribe pain meds only after every possible avenue has been tried all while you're in tremendous pain. Dr. Gold understands and believes and cares that you are in pain. He prescribes pain medications carefully but effectively. He does drug testing for your own safety. He is extremely intelligent and thinks out of the box. He actually worries about you and often calls you to check on you or asks you to check in with him over a weekend if needed. However, his receptionist Marcia, is cold, unprofessional and and doesn't really give a crap about you, IN MY OPINION. His other front desk person is Kim who is sweet, friendly and always helpful. His main medical assistant is very sweet, professional and caring as well. his office could use a makeover but don't let it deter you from the Dr. behind it all. He is the only pain specialist in town who still sees his patients when they are hospitalized. I would definately recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

By far, the best, most qualified Dr. I've seen. He was highly recommended & I'd been suffering from so much intense, severe 24/7 pain for almost a yr before my orthopedic surgeon did a bone graft/implant surgery. It provided no relief & I kept trying & praying for help & relief. After I'd seen Dr. Gold I cried & I had hope that he could help. So smart & I would often sit in amazement at him explaining different methods of treatment! I cane even begin to explain how he when SO FAR ABOVE & BEYOND what is expected from any of my other Dr.'s! So very grateful! And I love his staff and his refreshing, sometimes unconventional, ways of treatment. You KNOW he cares about doing whatever he can to help you. The punctuality that patients comment on is because he will spend whatever time he needs to in order to get results to help. Some appts were longer & others didn't require as much time. I knew if I had to wait longer, it was because maybe another patient that day was in need of that same extra time that I'd been fortunate to receive also. His staff was incredibly kind to me on each visit. I couldn't find the location of the office, due to road construction, my first visit & the front desk women would come outside in the freezing cold and stand by the road so I could "see the woman in the turquoise shirt" & know where to turn. I was grateful. 🙏🏼. I'd seen approx. 11 different Dr.'s trying to find someone who knew what was wrong & how to help me, since I'd been living with such severe pain & beginning to feel hopeless. He is truly a rarety in a world that's turned to clinics & Dr.'s who see you for 5-10 minutes & you're out.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr. Gold is one of the very BEST, he is knowledgeable and respectful; a doctor that truly cares!! My biggest gripe is with his staff, if you have to go away on short notice or your pain is at a 10, do not expect an appointment!! Marshia knows her job but is RUDE!!, rude, rude!! She must not live in pain cuz she doesn't care in the least. If you are hurting so bad that you are considering a bullet, Marshia will run to Walmart to buy the ammunition before she'd squeeze you in for a 10 minute appointment!! The only way to get in with Dr. Gold on short term is to call after hours which I hate to do but is absolutely necessary!! Great Doctor with Awful Staff!!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

I think that everyone who see's dr gold knows that he is a great dr, however he needs to improve his staff and the ability to keep things in order. although he is caring and concerned with treatment plan ready at one visit it is no surprise by the next it is forgot or believed never stated ! BECAUSE THEY KEEP NO RECORDS OVER THE DISCUSSION AT APT. I have a lot of love for Dr. Gold he helped me and my life is better for him. I though respect him after almost ten years and several hours waiting for me to be seen, I wish that they would improve and hire the correct staff. The lady at the front desk she is not very nice unless its a rare moment and she tends to believe she is a Dr. You are not I am sorry so please stick to your job not putting your nose or views in play. It is sad to hear them talk on patients and discuss how this is or that you work where patients deal with Real life pain issues that is fact and you want to talk or leave them with nothing because of mistakes made on your part. I love that students can learn but don't you think you could hire one REAL NURSE! not someone with a CNA should be acting as though he is more. I go because of Gold and my fear of living a horrific life again but I am tired of the roller coaster . I have never had one bad UA or any reason to be evaluated because the state is looking into his records. I have very little in to knowing what to do but I feel it is time to find a place that is better balanced and professional! I know it is a risk but truth I see him once or two months for few moments, talk about current things by now I am pretty aware of what is going on with my body but for the few moments I waste hours waiting to get in a room... great DR needs more help positive help and professional associates. would make him on top of his game and all his patients grateful without stress of what to expect. Oh and sure wait time has improved from five hours to a hour to three so is that truly better? Think about all the other DR you have been to in your life and compare I will promise their staff is far better and on top. He could help so many as well by bringing in a Nurse Practitioner allowing more efficient time.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

staff is terrible. Very gruff, appears uncaring and doesn't represent dr. Gold at all!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

My life and pain is being managed by the daily work that I put into my own treatment and from a plan that Dr Gold and I make together. Dr Gold is very caring, honest, smart, dedicated & always encouraging to those patients that give 100% and follow the treatment goal.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I have been Dr. Golds patient for over 17 years, He brought my back from severe issues to being able to survive on a daily basis. This is the first time I even knew that he is morman, so I think that those who are not getting the immediate cure or lots of drugs seem to have anger issues, He handles the worse of the worse on cases, and yes what you eat, sleep, exercise is part of the road to recovery.I do get call back from the nurses, I do agree that the front desk is run unprofessionally and they are very gruff. The reason that you wait for your appointment is that he does a complete assessment each time instead of the normal 2-3 min most doctors give. In short he is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor, if you want someone that is going to help you he is your guy.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Gold is nice but expects tou to care about yourself as much or if not more then he doe's if you don't he might get mad because he does. When I got sick he put me in the hospital and got other doctors on board with him to help fix me and fix me they did.eventhough he was busy he took time to care.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

while i think dr gold has a lot of knowledge including obscure treatments and different uses of meds there is not much good i can say about him. i can say that when i first saw him i was in real trouble with pain meds. he probably saved my life at that time. however the relief i felt was very short lived. he required me to use a med that is horribly expensive even when i was unemployed and he forced me to run out of this med on several occasions either because his staff doesnt care, is stupid, or he likes to play god and remind you that he has the power. then when i finally got ins to cover my medical the records needed to get them to pay for this med were not in my file and they would not take any steps to fix the problem. they said it was my fault and that i was not in compliance with their treatment guidlines and therefore was being dropped from treatment. the front desk staff are rude loud and care nothing for patient privacy and care. they give him messages... by yelling them out across the whole office area!!!! the only real bright spot in the whole mix of people is the lady that does the drug tests. she doesnt mess up the paperwork,run you out of meds, or make you feel like less than human. i think he is probably a great guy out of the office but his crew are creating an uncomfortable environment and he thinks he is such a great dr that it takes 5 hrs to see him, 3 weeks to get called back, and you never really know what to expect next!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

I became addicted to pain killers and went to see him to get on suboxone. He was very nice about it and also helped me with my depression & anxiety. The wait time was up to an hour at times, but that is the only thing I really had a problem with. He also had a nurse or medical assistant that I thought was very nice and understanding, I believe his name was Corey. Overall, I'm happy with my experience. He spent time addressing all of my concerns and was very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Dr. Kurt V. Gold's Credentials

• Irvine California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)