Ratings for Dr. Carolyn L. Koenig

I agree with previous reviewers that Dr. Koenig hasn't any bedside manner to speak of. She and the nurses seem interested in running as many patients through the machine as possible. I feel rushed and as if I'm taking up more time than they can spare. While I think Dr. Koenig a competent diagnostician, she seems more comfortable with the mechanics, more interested in the disease than the patient as a person. Perhaps she's simply slow to warm to people as she's seemed more approachable and smiles a little more often the longer I've been with her. I prefer a doctor with a friendly, reassuring manner who listens well and carefully to my concerns and explains gently if s/he feels I have mistaken information or am worrying unnecessarily. I don't feel Dr. Koenig has those qualities to any extent. I've gone to her for three years and am changing to another physician.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

I have been seeing her for about 6 years and I like her. She spends as much time with me as I need, and she listens to my questions and gives answers that make sense to me.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

Very unapproachable doctor. No bedside manner. Acts as if you are a burden to her. I have seen her 4 times now and have NEVER seen a smile on her face. I had pneumonia multiple times, when I told her that I would like a chest x-ray done she told me "just because you've had pneumonia before doesn't mean I have to get a chest xray everytime you are sick". I insisted and guess what..I HAD pneumonia AGAIN!! She is useless.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Very professional. Wait time could be better but that's always a sign of a good doctor.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

Doesn't seem approachable and easy to talk to -- Didn't seem interested in really trying to understand the complexity of symptoms to improve my overall betterment.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

Advice seems to usually center around medications, and always top-of-the-line, state- of-the-art meds. Most of these meds are not covered by our insurance. Must be completely in the drug rep's pocket...Will likely switch to a doc with more experience and broader range treatments.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2008

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

Dr. Carolyn L. Koenig's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

AARP