Dr. Richard C. Ancona

Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard C. Ancona

Something is wrong with the Staff !!!!! Harrassed me and my husband for months ! EXTREMELY SIMILAR to another post where they lose paperwork ON PURPOSE !!! They called me over and over and over and over and over ad over and over and over and over and over and over AGAIN ! with the same issue with resolved MANY MANY MANY TIMES OVER !!!! Blue Cross said they are INSANE. On a recorded line with me. Sad office. My child is a newborn. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE ! TRUST ME ON THIS.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

The best. Yes his staff can be less than helpful at times and unfriendly. The waits can be long. He is worth it though. I read the reviews. Some are right. I appreciate the fact that I can joke and have fun with him. But when it comes down to my childrens health he is all business and he knows his business well.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

I feel truly blessed to have Dr. Ancona as my pediatrician. His strong dedication to his patients is evident in how he listens to you, makes such an effort to get to know his patients and their parents, so that both his patients and their parents feel comfortable and that they can freely talk and that they are being treated as individuals who are unique, and not just another person on the doctor's schedule for the day. Dr. Ancona goes beyond the description of caring, kind, compassionate, and dedicated. He remembers your name, he spends time with you, he remembers what his patients like to do or not like to do and anything important or interesting that as a patient, you may have said last time. His goal is to treat you as a person, both emotionally and medically. He loves to make his patients and their parents laugh and smile when he can, but he is also straightforward and will tell you how things really are. However, he doesn't panic about anything. He is extremely knowledgeable. I feel like I can talk about anything with Dr. Ancona and I am truly grateful to have such an amazing, great, and caring doctor who truly cares and is so compassionate and dedicated!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

He was my pediatrician for years, was an ok doctor when I was younger but as I grew older he just came across as more and more creepy. I remember on one occasion he brought a group of med students into the room at what I felt was an inappropriate time. Several uncomfortable moments with this doctor. When I switched to a new doctor at a different practice, the office refused to transfer my medical records unless we paid for them. One big headache!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

This doctor is the worst! He makes many inappropriate comments, including racial and gender "jokes", many of which have sexual undertones. Incredibly inappropriate, especially considering that he works with children. I highly encourage you to save yourself the frustration and go somewhere else!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

A bit rough around the edges, but a great doctor. He was my pediatrician 20 years ago and actually rushed back to NY from a vacation when I contracted viral encephalitis with the chicken pox. Probably saved my life.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Very Upset with Dr Ancona, he was so rough giving my son his shot> my son immediately got a bruise on his leg and bled, he cried all day that his leg hurt. He literally jabbed the needle in his thigh. No wonder children are petrified of the Dr.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

Rudest receptionist I have ever talked to. Hung up on me when I asked to have my child seen for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

I wouldn't let another human being near my children. Richard Ancona is the BEST!!!! I can't say enough. I have the ultimate respect and confidence in this man.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

Very happy with Dr. Richard Ancona. I recommend him to friend all the time. Only person that I would trust with my child he is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Dr. Richard C. Ancona's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Richard Ancona is a Pediatrician working with the Boston Children's Health Physicians network. He sees patients at Branch Pediatrics in Smithtown, NY.

• English

• Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Univ, Med Fak, Bonn (407-02 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1975)

UnitedHealthcare