Ratings for Dr. Galina Rivkin

Violators of HIPAA, incompetent, and very rude people. They refused to release the actual skin allergy test numbers they got from my child in order to cover up their mistake. I told them about my rights according to the HIPAA, but they claimed it does not cover the "technical" part of the test, but only the final results. As a consequence of their mistake, my child had to do a blood test, which, obviously, came up negative. I know they made a mistake because in a previous friendly conversation with the nurse, I realized that they did not know that they have to subtract the value obtained in the control from the value obtain in the allergen. I am reporting this violation of the HIPAA to the Office for Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Very rude and unprofessional, lacks understanding, mismanaged, better to change the doctor

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

My daughter needed her medical records for a court order and the office manager would not release them. He does not have a good understanding of the HIPAA Law or any law and kept citing this was his reason for not releasing them. He was very rude and unprofessional. He allowed his staff to be very rude and unprofessional. He was not willing to try to understand the situation. I requested to speak to the doctor and she was never available. It got so out of hand that the Police had to be called to assist with him being so irate. The courts tried to accommodate him and his staff and he acted very ignorant the entire time. They do not understand the HIPAA law and they are uninformed, the office manager thinks it gives him the right to refuse the law and patients. If you are ignorant to any law or the courts be smart enough to listen and try to get help instead of continuing to be an idiot. They don't care about you if they don't want to give up your medical records. Consumer beware!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Rivkin's for over 2 years. She has always been very caring and knowledgeable. Her staff is very friendly and helpful. I have a chronic illness and have spent a lot of time with various docs - Dr. Rivkin has always taken good care of me. I trust her completely - she has never steered me wrong, not with diagnosis or medications. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. I have seen many doctors and she is truly one of a kind!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2012

doctor is very knowlegable and attentive. I would recomend to see her if you have a medical problem.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Patient will leave waiting room on-time, but the wait continues in the exam room. Dr. frequently leaves during the exam and may or may not return. I believe she has multiple patients at once in different exam rooms and goes back and forth between them. Extremely stingy with prescriptions. When confronted with a difficult situation, Dr. becomes defensive and condescending and not willing to answer questions from the patient. Bedside manner is lacking and the constant moving from patient to patient, never giving any one patient her extended attention, is extremely frustrating.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

I find her staff prompt and curteous (expecially Kenissa). Dr. Rivkin listens carefully to my concerns and has helped diagnose a condition that I have had for years that no one else diagnosed. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

She is fine.. Knowledgeable but usually is very busy and we find it hard to get our questions answered. To get a prescription for a refill takes almost 2 - 3 days.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008