Ratings for Dr. Thomas B. Flanagan

I would not recommend Dr. Flanagan. He was my husband's dr. for a few years. At the beginning of this year Dr. Flanagan screwed up my husband's medicines. He overprescribed dosages and did not order another my husband needed daily. My husband went in for an appt., that Dr. Flanagan said was necessary, to get update for his daily medicines. Husband made and showed up for appt. & Flanagan had no idea why he was there and said he had no time to do a physical checkup. We had to pay for that visit. When my husband asked why his medicines were screwed up, Flanagan blamed my husband. Agree with all other ratings here, very arrogant, rude, and terrible personality for this line of work. My husband has a new dr., she wondered why 2 certain medicines were prescribed for my husband, because they counteract with each other. Thanks, Flanagan for another mistake! Also agree about office staff, most in the office are clueless and not polite in the slightest. All his mistakes cost us $150.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

Dr. Flanagan has on more than one occasion said to me when I tell him my symptoms, "What do you want me to do?" As if I've just come to get medicated. I should have said, "I want you to be a doctor." I don't want medication if I don't need it & it is up to him to make that determination. He also miscoded my routine physical & it took a whole year of fighting with his staff to get the issue resolved. They said it was based on his coding so I asked them to have him call me and he never did. I am changing doctors.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr. Flanagan is an excellent diagnostician. I have been a patient for many years. I am also in the medical field (not an MD) and I recognize a good MD when I see one. He doesn't have a lot of patience with people who don't like to follow medical advice, but that is not always a bad thing.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Dr. Flanagan has the absolute worst bed-side manner I have ever experienced. He was rude, sarcastic and patronizing. I actually left my appointment in tears. I had sought help because of a condition that already had me fearful and because of his cruel behavior I actually fear seeking medical help now. Even now I have a medical problem which I truely believe I need help for but am too scared to talk to a doctor about it because of this fear developed during that appointment. It was an absolutely horrible experience!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2009

Dr. Flanagan was very rude and arrogant,he suggested that I find another doctor,I did and have been very pleased since.The staff was very indifferent and cold

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr. Flanagan seldom let's his "persoanl" side show through, unfortunately. When he IS friendly I feel much better about my visit. But, the majority of the time the feeling I get is that everything is done in a rush and as little time spent is his main focus. Not good...

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

I like Dr. Flanagan. He has always treated me well and has treated my problems or referred me to a specialist who could. I don't need a doctor to make small talk. I'm there for medical help. Period.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

I felt Dr. Flanagan was very busy and didn't have enough time to spend with me. Is this his fault, or the way it is in health care in general, I don't know. He took care of my problem but compassion and a more down-to-earth manner would have been nice too. I may not be a doctor but that doesn't mean we can't have a simple conversation and not just stick to the facts only! Office staff were indifferent and I felt like just another patient at the office. I think he's a good doctor though, probably overworked like the rest of us!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

Dr. Flanagan only cares about money. I went there for a regular exam, he was very impatient and arrogant, and not willing to discuss what he would do. He over-ordered diagnostics and performed out-of-scope procedures without any discussion with me. Don't trust this doctor! There are plenty of good doctors around, so do yourself a favor by avoiding him.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Dr. Thomas B. Flanagan's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1975)

Champ Va