Ratings for Dr. Marvin D. Tark

Dr. Tark has a lot of experience under his belt. I appreciate his extensive knowledge and how he can explain my medical treatment in layman's terms. I've been seeing him for years and recommend him to anyone who's in pain.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Mean as hell. Would not listen to anything I said. While I was talking to him about how i was allergic to the patch he gave me he was looking out the door in the hallway listening to someone elses convo. His response was he wouldnt give anything stronger to a 22 year old (which i have had RA for 12 years it doesnt matter my age) BUT i wasnt asking for more just something ANYTHING that didnt make me rash

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

Very friendly, caring and knowledgable doctor. Spent a lot of time when I was in crisis. Made sure that my pain was well controlled. Uses different treatments for different pain problems. Highly reccommend him.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Dr. Marvin D. Tark's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I have many years of experience in Interventional Pain Management and I've successfully treated many thousands of patients with every describable pain syndrome and condition. I became interested in pain management early on in my career as an anesthesiologist. In 1997, I became formally associated with Pain Solutions and have had the privilege of working with other excellent and innovative pain physicians and medical professionals. I also have a passion for clinical research to develop new drugs that are safer and more effective in treating pain. I focus on drugs that improve quality of life for my patients with chronic low back pain, osteoarthritis and headache in addition to cancer related pain and shingles related pain. I want the patient to be as involved in their care as possible. Together, we will consider all appropriate strategies and therapies for becoming, and staying, as active as possible.

• English

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1975)

• Osteoarthritis