Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Nichols

I reviewed Dr. Nichols in 2008 and thought he was great. Things have gone downhill so I have to change my rating. The staff I trusted is no longer there. So much loud inappropriate chit chat coming from the front desk area. Really unprofessional. Patrick and Jennifer are no longer there. And something has changed with Dr. Nichols. I don't do drugs or like taking pills so I'm not a drug seeker, but I have to question why he tells me to take Advil for everything. I had rotator cuff tendonitis that was so severe I had to quit my job. He told me to take Advil. I injured my foot and he questioned why I was on crutches. Um...because they told me to use them at urgent care? I had a stress fracture in that same foot 10 years ago, but he insisted it wasn't broken this time because it didn't show up on the X-ray. Stress fractures can generally only be seen on an MRI. He didn't suggest I get an MRI. He told me to take Advil. It's been a year now, and I still have problems with my foot. I have new insurance and I'm not disappointed I have to find a new doctor. Dr. Nichols is really nice, but just not worth it anymore. The GYN and dermatologist he recommended were TERRIBLE. And his NP Lorelei is still awful. Ugh

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Nichols for over 20 years and have always been pleased with the care he has given me.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011

Continuously late (1 hr. is common) with no apology or explanation. Refuses to see beyond the obvious in complicated diagnoses. Hears but does not listen to patient. Very good at returning phone calls though.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

I love Dr. Nichols! He is very friendly and knowledgable. He consistently gives good service to his patients. I can honestly say that I've never felt as comfortable with another doctor as I have with him. He makes sure that you have had the opportunitiy to ask him any and all questions. Often he has samples of medications - which are really helpful on my budget. He also will write down the name of the diagnosis if it does not have a common name. He makes sure you understand everything he's told you. I have nothing bad to say about him! His assistant, Jennifer, is awesome. Patrick at the front desk is very knowledgeable. My only complaint is it can take far too long to make an appointment over the phone. I wish they would go online with that. I do have to mention the NP, Lorelei. Avoid her if you can. She's very nice, but she's misdiagnosed me three times now. I refuse to be seen by her again.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

Dr. Nichols is very helpful, patient, and understanding. He is approachable and a kind person: a great doctor with caring and knowledgable staff.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Dr. Mark A. Nichols's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal