Ratings for Dr. Amy R. Bloomgarden

I was most frustrated by the fact that they didn't inform me of important results for 2 weeks. She recommended me to have a surgery when 2 other doctors advised me not to was another reason to leave her. Office staff was incompetent and rude.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Dr. Bloomgarden knows her stuff, and is a good listener and that is exactlymwhat I am looking for at this point.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

I have been going to Amy for years. She has great bedside manners, is very patient and always answers my questions. I am very uneasy around doctors but she's understanding and also supportive. She makes a rather unpleasant check-up tolerable and her nurse is also very friendly and warm. I would highly recommend her as a gyno.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

Terribly unpleasant, disorganized, and unhelpful staff. She herself displays too much of a sense of being overly rushed. She does not do a thorough exam and has, in my case, "overlooked" problems which later needed addressing.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

I think Dr. Bloomgarden is great! She is very knowledgeable and will also spend extra time with you if you have questions. She is willing to answer anything. I have nothing bad to say about her as a doctor. However, she books up fast so it is hard to get an appointment right away, unless it is an emergency. She will take you in faster if its an emergency.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

I agree that she is a bit too rushed for my liking. She does fit in a lot of patients in one day. My whole visit with her was probably 5 minutes. She is nice though and to the point. I cant give her rave reviews but I cant say anything bad about her either. I'd rather have a doc I love though so may look for a new one this year.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

She is very sweet, also very direct and to the point. I've been seeing her for five years now and wouldn't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

A little rushed, but very thorough and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

It feels like she tries to schedule too many appointments during the day. Not very personable, and appointment feels rushed frequently.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Dr. Amy R. Bloomgarden's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

GHI