Ratings for Dr. Howard A. Rose

To start, I’ve got extensive experience with sports/orthopedic injuries and have had my share of surgeries, injections, and procedures over the years. Plain and simple, Dr. Rose is the best doctor I have ever seen. In fact, I fly across the United States to see him because I trust him so much. He is the whole package… If I were to use professional sports as an analogy, not only would Dr. Rose be a leading scorer and all-star player in the big leagues - He'd be the captain of the championship team and the MVP. He possesses all the qualities you want in a physician and a surgeon, especially when dealing with complex and ambiguous injuries. He's smart, knowledgeable, and has a great sense of humor. He is a great listener, and shows that he cares about you by never rushing though a visit or dismissing a question or concern. If you have to wait a little longer than expected in the waiting room before you’re appointment, its only because he’s taking care of his patients and spending time with them. Rest assured, he will take the same amount of time and care with you. So… I’ve been seeing Dr. Rose for a complex knee injury for almost a year. After my previous orthopedist who performed two operations on my shoulder was dismissive of this knee injury. I sought a second opinion from Dr. Rose because of the great reviews I read about him online and the reputation of HSS. All I can say is that my experience exceeded the hype! During my first visit, he listened intently, took the time to thoroughly review my MRI with me and answered every one of my questions. As any great doctor would do, he started by recommending less invasive treatment before rushing to surgery. Though the initial procedure didn’t alleviate all of my symptoms, I moved across the country shortly after my visit with him and began seeing doctors on the West Coast who couldn’t diagnose me. I flew back to New York see Dr. Rose. His amazing staff and assistant Ellen made every effort to accommodate my travels and needs. Upon my return, he took the time to reevaluate my case from start to finish and I ended up having arthroscopic knee surgery with Dr. Rose at HSS. It was such a great experience and easier than traveling though the airport. His helpful staff, bedside manner, and incredible skill as a surgeon made the surgery and recovery seamless. I hold Dr. Rose and his staff in the highest regard and have nothing but the highest acclaim for his team.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Dr Rose is an excellent surgeon. He recognized my misdiagnosis from another orthopedic surgeon in 30 seconds by looking at my old films. He performed surgery on my knee and replaced both hips for a friend, all with great results!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Rose for 3 years now as my hip deteriorates further. He is not willing to do a hip replacement too soon. I have spinal issues which complicates hip problems and he referred me to an excellent physiatrist, Dr. Stephen Geiger, to help untangle the source of my pain generators. I like the Nassau County facility better than the HSS in Manhattan because wait time is less there, compared to Manhattan, and they have all the necessary medical evaluation tools there, too! Dr. Rose has 7 happy THR patients in my local beach community.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Extremely poor bedside manner. No regard for patients time. Acts as if he is doing you a favor by seeing you. Was kept waiting for over 2 hours (and was still never seen!. When I asked about it I was told "that's the way it is". I was then saluted with his middle finger. Is this how a doctor should act? This was my 2nd time I had used him. What a mistake! This guy should not be practicing medicine anymore. Definitely one to avoid.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Dr. Rose did rotator cuff surgery on me in April. I cannot say enough good words about Dr. Rose as a surgeon, his staff or the Hospital for Special Surgery. Their care, competence and professionalism are exemplary. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Rose to anyone in the NY area who needs this surgery.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

Rose never called me after performing surgery and saying that he would. When I called the office with questions, his nurse yelled at me to read a piece of paper given to me 2 weeks ago as if my questions were too much of a bother to answer! Rose finally gets on the phone and only gives me one word answers to my question, never even says how the surgery went. Then I call because of stomach issues from pain medication and the nurse doesn't even get on the phone, she tells the admin to tell me my question is "too medical" and to call my primary care physician!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

He replaced both of my hips. One at a time. This gentlemen is an excellent surgeon who is very talented at what he does. A dedicated man who is there for you. I just came across this website and saw he only had a few ratings. I had to give him the credit that is due. He has helped everyone I know.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

Dr. Rose did a knee replacement for me. I can not say enough about him. He always took his time and answered all of my questions. I went thru the surgery and therapy without any problems and I would recommend him highly. I thank him everyday, I am out of pain!!!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I saw Dr. Rose for a second opinion. He listened. He treated me with interest and respect. He was very reassuring and put my mind at ease concerning a strange, contradictory (wrong) DX given to me by another ortho. If I ever do need surgery, I'll see him. A great experience.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2008

I cannot say enough about the Profesionel yet caring treatment I received from Dr. Rose and his staff. From my first consultation for shoulder pain. To my treatment/surgery and after care. I received detailed information about what was wrong. How it would be treated. What to expect from my surgery. When I expressed my fear of pain, I was reassured that I could be placed compleatly in a state of unaware (of the surgical proceedure) if that was what I wanted. And believe me I did. I hold Dr. Rose and the staff he surrounds himself with both in the office and at the hospital in the highest reguard. Thankyou Dr. Rose.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Dr. Howard A. Rose's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Hospitals in Great Neck, NY