Ratings for Dr. L. Dean Mason

Was treated by Dr Mason for 5 months with no improvemrnt. the treatment I getting only created more problems. When I made him aware of the issues, he literally rolled his eyes at me. I then requested to get a second opinion. I got in with another physician, on a Thursday, he ordered an MRI the next thursday, results immediatly followed. And surgery scheduled on Monday. In less than two weeks, I had a diagnosis an surgery with new Dr, versus 5 months of the wrong treatment.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Great, well informed doctor, great with patients and always tells us what might work and what might not. Not trying to push us into doing things that most likely won't work. Starts out getting to know you a little before proceeding with diagnosis and treatment.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

I was assured my clavicle was fine. I was told MANY times there was NOTHING wrong with my clavicle. I told the doctor I thought it was broken and had not healed. I mentioned the knot on my clavicle would change and get big and then shrink. I endured 6 weeks of physical therapy for my neck. It was written "pain is out of porportion to exam." NOT only do I have a non-union clavicle fracture that requires surgery, but my sternoclavicular joint is dislocated and I now have a frozen shoulder. I had to seek medical attention out of atate to get a proper diagnosis. In my opinion the doctors notes implied I was doctor shopping for drugs. One thing sad about this; I do not even take aspirin. I have suffered thru all the pain with NOTHING. ALL I wanted was a doctor to listen and make a proper diagnosis. I saw a physians assistant who diagnoised the problem in 30 minutes. I learned it helps if the doctor takes x-rays of the complete clavicle and CT scans are worth the money.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Very good

flag | Submitted September 19, 2005

Dr. L. Dean Mason's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)