Ratings for Dr. Sharon L. Callison

Dr. Callison is fantastic! She is intelligent, genuine, and compassionate in the care for her patients.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

DO NOT go to this Tennessee Valley OBGYN! The entire practice is corrupt, unethical and unprofessional! They care nothing about their patients and only care about money. There are things going on behind the scenes that are vindictive and just wrong. I wont go into more detail for the sake of some friends involved but STAY AWAY FROM DR. RAIFORD & Dr. CALLISON! Dr. Callison is the president of the group so her leadership is obviously unprofessional & careless. She is just mean. If you are at all interested in my story you can continue reading. I was a patient of Dr. Raiford but I am writing this review because of how Dr. Callison unnecessarily involved herself. For now there is still 1 good Doctor in the group who I requested to switch too because it is a family friend & when I found out I was pregnant I wanted them to be my doctor. When I requested to switch Doctors Dr. Raiford denied my request, when they called me back I told the office manager I was unhappy with Dr. Raiford & her decision so I made an appt to see her in person so my husband and I could ask her why she denied my request to switch. The morning before my appt. Dr. Callison & Dr. Raiford & the office manager all called me on the phone and denied my request to switch & told me I need to leave the practice (I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT THERE FOR 8 YEARS). They berated me with questions about why I wanted to switch & asked me if I called Dr. Raiford a bad Doctor. They continued saying "answer yes or no" and they refused to let me speak & got me so upset I started crying & my husband had to take the phone & finish the conversation. I can not make this stuff up. Its appalling to me that 2 "professional" doctors would call & treat a patient like that! I know the real basis of their behavior is vindictive greed & spite. I am switching out of the practice along with my sister & I will make sure that nobody I know goes to back there.

Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Callison is the best doctor I've ever had and I don't expect to find a better one anytime soon. After having a high risk pregnancy that ended too soon, she has been there for my husband and I, more than either of us ever expected. We sometimes wait to see her in the office, but I always remember, she could be helping someone the way she helped me. Bringing babies into the world is a tough business sometimes - she knows her stuff and is excellent at her job. She is the only doctor I'd allow for bringing my future children into the world!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

I could not ask for a better physician than Dr. Callison. She is thorough, compassionate, competent, and gives you a full picture of your care. She was my physician through two pregnancies one of which was a very scary delivery. She was composed and calmed my fears during the entire delivery. Her staff is also wonderful. I can't imagine seeing another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. Callison is a fantastic compassionate doctor. She helped me deliver 3 healthy babies and also get through 2 miscarriages. She never made me feel rushed and honored what I asked of her. She has a wonderful upbeat personality and does not sugar coat things. Her staff is wonderful and never made me feel silly for calling a million times. You won't regret choosing her.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Love Dr callison! I have delivered two with her and will deliver my 3rd this fall. Very proactive, knowledgeable and compassionate! (And spunky!)

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. callison is great. I don't think she automatically goes straight to c section like most reviewers state. In fact, she wanted me to lose weight before having kids so that I would have less of a chance of needing a c section. She is very professional and has been very caring and knowledgeable and I've been very thankful for having her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

Dr. Callison is a cold hearted witch to say the least. I wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy. And every nurse I know would agree as well. As for the staff and other doctors as Tennessee valley, they get 5 stars.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I love dr.callison ive been goijg to her since my teenage years and now im 25. She was there for both of my pregnancies. I can go to her for any and everything. I love her like family. Shes awesome. And even on a personal level shes been a great encouraging doctor amd friend. Jasmine Stone

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

This doctor seems wonderful at first. I loved her from the beginning but the last few weeks she changed. She pressured me into a c-section by telling me I would be incontinent for the rest of my life if I didn't have one. She also told me I would be fine in a week. As a clueless first time mom I believed her! Stay away!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Sharon L. Callison's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Delta Dental