Ratings for Dr. Sharon L. Callison

For a woman who is in the profession she is in, she definitely doesn't understand a woman's body nor endometriosis For those who have never experienced it, it's terrible. And when you leave the office feeling as if you just spent 3 hours waiting to see a Dr that doesn't care about you nor the pain you are in. It's horrible. And to have no resolution as in what to do! I have had it removed twice over a ten year period. But it has returned after 5 years again. Please go to someone who cares and that will fix the problem however they can. Not leave there in tears. I have never left a review for anyone in my life so this is a first. I just don't want anyone to have to go through what I have been through.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I went to dr.callison for over 9 years, she put me on BC at 12 (because of my periods) and never gave me a pap or anything never even mentioned one, besides one swab test that didn't come till 6 years later(that she didn't even want to give me) but she was pushing for me to do all these others test that she even told me weren't needed, and was just making rude comments and remarks the whole time. she then gave me BC pills when I have the nexplanon (which she also lied and didn't give me any information on it or the fact that the nexplanon had more side effect and complications then my previous implanon that I have had absolutely nothing but issues with and have been trying to find another Dr. to get it out) she didn't explain anything to me. (the BC pills also had very distinct directions to not take them while bleeding (which was why she gave them to me) or if you smoked or took certain medication, or while on other BC! (which I did and she knew that) she also made comments on my appearance and about my fiance that were extremely rude and probably the most unprofessional comments I've ever heard from a dr.. she then had her staff call me several days later harassing me at work got me in trouble with my boss because of it (I had particular days and times to call because of my work schduhle and the fact that i live a hour away) demanding that I come in for my results when I told them I couldn't until a certain day because of not being able to leave work they got very sassy with me and hung up and then called 2 different relatives of mine who were listed as emergency contacts only. when I finally got in contact with them they finally gave me my results over the phone (which ended up being a misdiagnosis) so everything I went through over it was for no reason. She also gossiped about me and told a family member of mine when I was a teen and legally an adult all of my confidential information! When my paperwork said otherwise.. I'll never go back! because she's done this multiple other people I know.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Dr. Callison is fantastic! She is intelligent, genuine, and compassionate in the care for her patients.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

DO NOT go to this Tennessee Valley OBGYN! The entire practice is corrupt, unethical and unprofessional! They care nothing about their patients and only care about money. There are things going on behind the scenes that are vindictive and just wrong. I wont go into more detail for the sake of some friends involved but STAY AWAY FROM DR. RAIFORD & Dr. CALLISON! Dr. Callison is the president of the group so her leadership is obviously unprofessional & careless. She is just mean. If you are at all interested in my story you can continue reading. I was a patient of Dr. Raiford but I am writing this review because of how Dr. Callison unnecessarily involved herself. For now there is still 1 good Doctor in the group who I requested to switch too because it is a family friend & when I found out I was pregnant I wanted them to be my doctor. When I requested to switch Doctors Dr. Raiford denied my request, when they called me back I told the office manager I was unhappy with Dr. Raiford & her decision so I made an appt to see her in person so my husband and I could ask her why she denied my request to switch. The morning before my appt. Dr. Callison & Dr. Raiford & the office manager all called me on the phone and denied my request to switch & told me I need to leave the practice (I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT THERE FOR 8 YEARS). They berated me with questions about why I wanted to switch & asked me if I called Dr. Raiford a bad Doctor. They continued saying "answer yes or no" and they refused to let me speak & got me so upset I started crying & my husband had to take the phone & finish the conversation. I can not make this stuff up. Its appalling to me that 2 "professional" doctors would call & treat a patient like that! I know the real basis of their behavior is vindictive greed & spite. I am switching out of the practice along with my sister & I will make sure that nobody I know goes to back there.

Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Callison is the best doctor I've ever had and I don't expect to find a better one anytime soon. After having a high risk pregnancy that ended too soon, she has been there for my husband and I, more than either of us ever expected. We sometimes wait to see her in the office, but I always remember, she could be helping someone the way she helped me. Bringing babies into the world is a tough business sometimes - she knows her stuff and is excellent at her job. She is the only doctor I'd allow for bringing my future children into the world!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

I could not ask for a better physician than Dr. Callison. She is thorough, compassionate, competent, and gives you a full picture of your care. She was my physician through two pregnancies one of which was a very scary delivery. She was composed and calmed my fears during the entire delivery. Her staff is also wonderful. I can't imagine seeing another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. Callison is a fantastic compassionate doctor. She helped me deliver 3 healthy babies and also get through 2 miscarriages. She never made me feel rushed and honored what I asked of her. She has a wonderful upbeat personality and does not sugar coat things. Her staff is wonderful and never made me feel silly for calling a million times. You won't regret choosing her.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Love Dr callison! I have delivered two with her and will deliver my 3rd this fall. Very proactive, knowledgeable and compassionate! (And spunky!)

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. callison is great. I don't think she automatically goes straight to c section like most reviewers state. In fact, she wanted me to lose weight before having kids so that I would have less of a chance of needing a c section. She is very professional and has been very caring and knowledgeable and I've been very thankful for having her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

Dr. Callison is a cold hearted witch to say the least. I wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy. And every nurse I know would agree as well. As for the staff and other doctors as Tennessee valley, they get 5 stars.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Dr. Sharon L. Callison's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)