Ratings for Dr. Sharon L. Callison

Dr. callison is great. I don't think she automatically goes straight to c section like most reviewers state. In fact, she wanted me to lose weight before having kids so that I would have less of a chance of needing a c section. She is very professional and has been very caring and knowledgeable and I've been very thankful for having her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

Dr. Callison is a cold hearted witch to say the least. I wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy. And every nurse I know would agree as well. As for the staff and other doctors as Tennessee valley, they get 5 stars.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I love dr.callison ive been goijg to her since my teenage years and now im 25. She was there for both of my pregnancies. I can go to her for any and everything. I love her like family. Shes awesome. And even on a personal level shes been a great encouraging doctor amd friend. Jasmine Stone

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

This doctor seems wonderful at first. I loved her from the beginning but the last few weeks she changed. She pressured me into a c-section by telling me I would be incontinent for the rest of my life if I didn't have one. She also told me I would be fine in a week. As a clueless first time mom I believed her! Stay away!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I've been using her since 2003 and have had nothing but a great experience with her. She has delivered both of my children and has never made me feel like I was was forced to do anything. Anytime I was concerned about either one of my pregnancies, I was always seen that day, if not by her then by another Dr. in the office. My mother had passed away 8 days before I had my second child and she sent me a card and told me if I needed her for anything to not hesitate to call her. That's the kind and caring Dr. she is.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Dr Callison is one of the finest doctors it has ever been my privilege to see. She is exceptionally intelligent, well-experienced and skilled at what she does, - so much so that other doctors often request her as their "second" if they get busy or in a tight spot with a patient. She is so good, in fact, that I've known her to diagnose conditions that are not typical to the realm of female health (she caught my neighbor's sudden-onset diabetes on a regular wellness visit, for example.) Be warned, she is extremely oriented towards medical intervention, so if that is not your thing, you'd better have a reason to dismiss any of her recommendations. If you do your homework and can provide researched alternatives, she will give you nothing but respect. If you live in granola-la-la land (and I say this as a pseudo- hippie with a preferential fondness for granola la la land) well, she's probably not the doc for you.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr. Callison changed my life. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009 and felt completely alone and misunderstood at previous OBGYNs. I found Dr. Callison through a PCOS forum from a patient recommending her based on her knowledge of PCOS and the specific needs of women with it. As soon as I walked in, she was a breath of fresh air. Now, I'm on meds to help me control my PCOS, and for the first time since diagnosis, I have hope again. SHE did that. I am so grateful.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Callison's for over 12 years. I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She has a great bedside manner, is funny, genuinely caring and very knowledgeable (I mean SMART!). She delivered all my kids, including two pregnancies that did not have good outcomes. She made it a point to be there for me, even when she was not on call. She was there %100 percent for all of the good and the bad. She was absolutely on board with my desires, including not wanting an epidural. She gave me all of my options and respected my choices. I would not want anyone else to be my OB/GYN!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Callison delivered my first child, and pretty much forced me into a c-section due to "failure to progress" after a less than 12 hour trial of labor. She may have a nice bedside manner (although, I prefer a more professional tone), but any Ob current on her research should know that 12 hours of induced labor for a woman with her first baby is very, very normal.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr. Sharon L. Callison's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Lumenos

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. callison is great. I don't think she automatically goes straight to c section like most reviewers state. In fact, she wanted me to lose weight before having..."

December 19, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Callison is a cold hearted witch to say the least. I wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy. And every nurse I know would agree as well. As for the staff and o..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love dr.callison ive been goijg to her since my teenage years and now im 25. She was there for both of my pregnancies. I can go to her for any and everything...."

September 12, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "This doctor seems wonderful at first. I loved her from the beginning but the last few weeks she changed. She pressured me into a c-section by telling me I would..."

August 31, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been using her since 2003 and have had nothing but a great experience with her. She has delivered both of my children and has never made me feel like I was..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Callison is one of the finest doctors it has ever been my privilege to see. She is exceptionally intelligent, well-experienced and skilled at what she does, ..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible Doctor. EXTREMELY RUDE. Tries to force you into unnecessary procedures. If you are considering her i would think twice."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Callison changed my life. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009 and felt completely alone and misunderstood at previous OBGYNs. I found Dr. Callison through a P..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Callison's for over 12 years. I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She has a great bedside manner, is funny, genu..."

October 6, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Callison delivered my first child, and pretty much forced me into a c-section due to "failure to progress" after a less than 12 hour trial of labor. She may..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Callison since 26 weeks. She has been extremely personable and knowledgeable. I look forward to every visit, because I know she will pro..."

September 13, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Sharon" to "Sharon L."

October 20, 2013