Ratings for Dr. Jill Pearman

Jill was our midwife for both of our sons and was exceptional. She also delivered all three of my sisters children. If I read between the lines of the negative reviews of her I can glean that she has to tell people what they didn't want to hear. Sorry people, something's health professionals need to tell you things you don't want you to hear. I am an extremely analytical and knowledgable person and I can tell you that Jill knows her stuff. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Jill had delived three of our children. Our first experience with her when she was a cookstreet was excellent. Our second was bad, she was distracted with setting up her new clinic and yelled, threatened and was very disrespectful during my birth. Against my better instincts we had her as our midwife a third time. My prenatal and post care was fine, but my labour and birth experience was tramatic. She yelled, manipulated with fear tactics and overstepped in countless unprofessional ways. My opinon is the more clinic and administrative responsibilities she took on made her quality of care and ability for respect and compassion plumit. She used to be authentic, but now she had a fake persona. I would not recommend her, although there are many other amazing midwives at her clinic.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I have no idea why there are negative reviews about Jill. We found her to be absolutely fantastic! Very caring, very supportive, very reassuring, and very knowledgeable! From finding out I was pregnant, up until my 6 week check up with baby, I found her to be just wonderful the whole journey. We had her for baby number 2, and never had a midwife before. Not saying that a maternity doctor wasn't also great, but I would totally recommend Jill going forward. And if we find ourselves with baby number 3, we'll certainly be calling her again!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I would not recommend Jill for a number of reasons. She was opening up her new clinic at the time of my first pregnancy. At the actual time of my labour she tried to get me to go back home after arriving at the hospital after close to 10 hours of back labour while I was vomiting and in intense pain. Her reasoning was that once a patient was admitted she had to stay and she didn't want to. I insisted on staying and her care consistently got worse as the labour continued. She paid more attention to the bathroom design as it would pertain to her new clinic and had to be informed as to when I was having contractions by my mother who was more focussed on my care than Jill. The backup midwife showed up at hour 8 in the hospital and immediately showed more care and compassion than Jill had the entire labour. I also found that Jill would call me "hysterical" or overly anxious during many oft visits when I was asking normal questions to understand the birthing process. There are better midwives put there. Find someone else is my recommendation.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Jill is definitely and energetic and fun person during pre-natal visit. Very much enjoyed her energy and sense of humour. As a result, we were looking forward to having her as our midwife during the hospital birth of our child. Unfortunately she was the opposite of what I imagined a midwife would be. She was inpatient, non-caring, pushy and controlling, very egotistical and overall border-line aggressive. She disagreed with or over-rode every request I had (such as sitting on a yoga ball, moving around, experimenting with various positions rather then side-lying or sitting on the toilet). Ended up with a caesarian and I am still questioning whether a different approach would have produced different results. Her breast-feeding "support" was also aggressive and close to useless. Unfortunately, as much as I enjoyed her prior to the birth experience, I could DEFINITELY not recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Jill is AMAZING! She is a really nice and she listen really well our needs. I had a difficult pregnancy and my baby was born premature and she helped me to be strong. I would recommend her if you are looking for a caring and down to earth midwife.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

I truly could not have asked for a better midwife. Jill surpassed our expectations for who a midwife should be. She is one of the most caring, professional, empathetic and energetic people I know. If you are looking for an advocate and a knowledgable midwife who works well with other health disciplines she is the midwife for you. Jill worked to make our experience so positive and fun. I enjoyed my visits and looked forward to them. She listens and aims to be a compassionate and dedicated part of your pregnancy, birth and post partum experience. She's interested in you as an individual and your family and takes the time to get to know you as a person. I just love Jill and I can't imagine a better person to take care of me and my babe.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

I am glad that so many have had good experiences with Jill - we most certainly did not. If we had listened to her our child would likely be dead right now. I had high hopes for the level of service we would get from a midwife versus a doctor, but boy was I wrong. Jill was rude and unhelpful, impatient and unprofessional, and didn't even try to hide her disdain after we learned that we had to give birth in the hospital vice a birthing pool in our living room. She also didn't work well at all with the staff at VGH, who actually encouraged us to fire her after they saw the way we were treated. In my opinion this woman should not be a midwife, or work in any other profession requiring either professionalism or empathy. Like I said, I am glad so many have had good experiences, but I would not recommend Jill as a caregiver to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2013

Jill is a fantastic midwife. She is extremely knowledgeable, bright, and very committed to her work. She is very up-to-date with the latest information and also shows critical thinking/ discernment in the information she shared (something that I found her partnering midwife Julia did not do). I always felt confident in the information she gave me. I did find at times that she was so busy giving information that there wasn't enough time or space for me to explain myself or ask questions (basically she talked too much during some appointments!). I was a bit concerned about how this might play out during my labour. Although in the end she wasn't at my labour, which was very difficult, she did home visits afterwards and I was pleasantly surprised by her skill as a listener when I really needed it, her kindness, and her insight. I highly recommend Jill.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

I had Jill as a midwife from Sept 2011 to June 2012. Her wisdom, advice and sense of humour made all of my visits with her enjoyable. as i approached the birth of my first child people would ask me if I was scared or nervous...I would say no. Jill (and her partner Julia) are a big part of why I was so excited to deliver my baby. I would not hessitate to recommend her to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012