Ratings for Dr. Michael K. Johnson

Dr. Johnson is a wonderful and professional physician. He’s always been a kind and most of all knowlegible provider. I appreciated him and looked forward to having him as my pcp again. That experience was abruptly interrupted by an unprofessional encounter by his manager who insulted me immediately, not caring anything about my circumstances or health . I’ had just been discharged from an 8 day stay in the hospital when she launched her personal attack on me. I was insulted, emotionally damaged, and because of this, I will never hire my favorite doctor to care for me again. Manager, and wife; protect your husbands name instead of tarnishing it with poor and unprofessional behavior. Christianity is a way of living, not a way to cover up bad behavior. Treat people with kindness and it will prevail. Great Doctor, awful and controlling staff. God bless.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

Dr Michael K Johnson prescribed 180 Opiod pills a month for 7 months to my 82 year old mother. This particular drug is not approved for use beyond 5 days. She almost died as a result. Her bowels were so impacted, they were shoved up into her lungs and she vomited impacted bowel contents

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

Dr. Johnson is a good doctor but his office manager is incompetent and deceitful. You pay your money for prior authorizations, insurance letters, etc and months later she still has not completed!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Let me say that Dr. Johnson is wonderful! He listens well and very knowledgeable. I would recommend him to everyone, HOWEVER his staff is just rude! Having to take off work to just see him is beyond ridiculous! Average wait time is hour or more. Last time I waited 2 hours to see him. I have also waited as long to see the nurse practitioner. Just know that woman at them window will talk to you like a child and be rude to you. So not calming nor welcoming in his office. Lastly they called me one Monday morning all in a frantic saying I needed to change my appointment because the nurse practitioner quit. So I changed my appointment for 2 weeks later and when the girl called to confirm my appointment I told her that I wouls need to cancel. She asked why and I told her that I changed doctors. And she hung said thanks and hung up on me.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

My last visit was the last straw, a terrible unprofessional place. Each time they open the window at check in, the bigger lady who checks you out was either on a social media site, or eating ,and the girl at the window would seem to be behind a mountain of work. The lobby would be full, and you would be lucky to make it back before lunch. The nurse seems to be more interested in running her mouth about whats going on up there then me having my appointment (she comes of a little slow too). My last two visits, I saw the practitioner, and still waited over 2 hours. The place is a joke. It may be a nice building on Jordan Lane, but it doesn't stop the place from being ratchet. They seem to let go of the people that actually know what they're doing (or they quit) and keep people who are just there to get paid. On my last visit, I witnessed a patient go up to the window and ask when they would be seen. He was a bit irate because he was there early in the AM. I had to give my license to the lady at the window, and as I was walking up, they closed the window, and I heard the white old lady tell the other women that he was mad because he had cancer, can you believe that? It apparently had nothing to do with the fact he was waiting in the lobby for hours. It really got under my skin because I felt his privacy was clearly violated, and who knows what else they say about other patients who come into the office. What if somebody overheard them talking about me? I turned right around and left. Decided to go to urgent care instead. I tried to get in touch with his office manager regarding the situation, and she was just as useless as genitals on a pope. Dr. Johnson is nice, and he may be educated, but it doesn't stop him from being a moron allowing women to run his office. If you want to be had and treated like cattle, this is the perfect place for you, if not, I suggest you look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Ok, In the process of finding/switching to new family physician (My old doctor is very good but due to distance iam “WAS” planning to switch) 1) Try to call his office, the front office lady will talk to you as thou she is the most busiest human in the world and as thou the office is full of patients waiting. She won’t talk to you more than 1 min. Her response “I will send the package, fill and send it back” hangs-up 2) Try to call next day to inform that I still haven’t received it . Her response after keeping me hold “well, I will get to you soon” 3) After 2 days the package comes (thru email) and I went to submit it . Funny, No one sitting in the office and its totally free. After 15 min the front office lady opens her window and asks “can I help you”. Takes the document and doesn’t even want to discuss anything more, she says “Will call you tomorrow” 4) After 5 days, she reached me back “Again, can you hold for a min ? “ – I responded back “I already switched to another doctor, so don’t bother now”. I don’t want to review the doctor as I dint see him but he need to worry about losing patients due to his front office behavior.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Michael K. Johnson is very knowledgeable and supportive of his patients. His office is well staffed and efficiently run (wait time is typically about 15-20 minutes)--not to mention aesthetically pleasing, new, and clean. Dr. Johnson is thorough in his testing and treatment. He takes time with patients, encourages questions and answers them clearly, in sufficient detail. I have developed a few health problems with age--none life-threatening--and have had at least eight primary care physicians in both Michigan and Alabama over the past forty years. Dr. Johnson is second to none. The only complaint I have is that patients are charged for prescriptions not refilled at the time of their visits and similar requests, i.e., approval calls to insurers, etc. Nevertheless, I am very satisfied with his care and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Dr. Johnson is very knowledgeable and caring. Treat patients with the upmost respect. During all my appointments, and I have had many, been with Dr. Johnson since the beginning of his practice, the wait was average, but the time he spend with the patient is exceptional. He is one physician who truly loves his work, and it shows when he is with a patient. No matter how long I would have to wait, I would stay with this physician, because it is rare that doctor takes the time to hear the patient's concern, and render follow ups and/or schedules a patient to be seen by a specialist if the need arises. Unfortunately I had to move to another state, and I miss the caring doctor that I left behind.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Reception cancels your appointment if to are 5 minutes late; even though you won't be call back for evaluation for at least an hour. Nurse errors frequently when forwarding scripts to the pharmacy. Sixty days late getting one of my scripts validate with my insurrance company....I have suffered needlessly...looking for another physican.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

flag | Submitted August 4, 2008

Dr. Michael K. Johnson's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)