Ratings for Dr. Jenny Boismier

Long wait time...but it's mostly because she takes time with you.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

Her office hours are short, office/phones close for 1 hour lunch daily, she doesn't work Fridays, can't book appt. Wed mornings because she runs a walk in clinic. So be prepare to book your appt way in advance and plan to wait about an hour+ passed your appt time because she is often behind. She is a very competent Dr, she is very knowledgeable and will explain your diagnosis/medication thoroughly. However, as others have stated she is hot and cold, if you're looking for compassion or good bed side manners she's definitely not the Dr. for you. She is also very slow to send you to a Specialist. I don't know if it's her determination to find the answer for you or just plain arrogance but she wastes a lot of time before sending you for an expert opinion or specialized testing. That's my biggest gripe because in the mean time you're in limbo in pain or just having unnecessary worry. Then by the time she does agree to send you to the specialist you have to wait another 6 months to a year to get in the see them. Take note she has a $100 per year Dr fee. You do not have to pay the fee if you do not want to, but if you don't be prepare to pay high fees for everything that's not covered by OHIP such as refills phoned or faxed in. That's a $20 per refill charge, so it's worth paying the yearly fee or just keep a close eye on your meds/refill count.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

Worst dr ever. No compassion at all. Rude and won’t listen to her patient. Will be looking for a more compassionate doctor who cares. So happy to be leaving her care soon. Booked an appointment to have a problem looked at and no gown was given to me...just lift up you’re shirt so unprofessional!!!!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

I like her and her receptionist. I don't find long waits and she will take a bit of extra time with you if needed for hard core issues. Never have a hard time getting through. You do not have to pay for parking and she is located on Walker and Ottawa. I see her in the morning and be at work by 10 a.m. Also they have a lab located right across the hall from her office and is only for the Dr's at that location. Keep up the good work ladies.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Jenny is an excellent Doctor. Very knowledgeable and caring. Christina always tries to find you an appointment

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

think Jenny is an amazing physician , she has been our doctor close to 10years and I have absolutely no complaints. She always thorough and when there's an issue that requires immediate attention she always makes sure to squeeze you in. Which don't mind waiting a few mins past appt time to get in when I know she is likey attending to an urgent issue with another patient. I'm not sure why the negative reviews, I don't agree with any of them. I'm happy to have Dr Boismier take care of my family. I must say her nurse Christiana is the most helpful and amazing assistant I've ever dealt with in a doctor's office in my life.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

Brutal! Had a know-it-all attitude and was super rude for my initial consult. Guess what? Walked out and never came back. Guess you didnt need the patient...no loss to me but with my health issues could have been a score for her. She should be a podiatrist and jyst deal with geet all day...

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

was very happy with all her help. .very knowledgeable and kind..Would recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I have been with Dr.Boismier since I was a teenager, going on 12 years now. She is very helpful, knowledgeable and most of the time kind. I find she does seem to be irritabile when you don't listen to her advice and return with an even worse situation. But other then that, she's a great lady. The waiting time is long but so are clinics and I'd rather wait for someone who I trust and knows my history, rather then someone who does not. Her office is always clean and the medical assistant Christina is amazing. She's so friendly and down to earth. Iv never had issues with this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

I have always been happy with having Dr. Boismier as my family physician. Sometimes she seems a little rushed, but she will always take the time when it's a serious issue. When I was diagnosed with cancer, she didn't make me wait for an appointment, she called me herself, after hours, to let me know, and got me in to see the surgeon within days. I would not leave and will recommend her to anyone looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017