Ratings for Dr. Gregory S. Schenk

Dr. Schenk is on of the best doctors I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Outstanding.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

I am totally impressed with Dr. Schenk. He did my RP in January 2017 and I have had zero leakage and no ED issues. His nerve sparing surgery and his knowledge/skills are outstanding. I would Highly recommend Dr. Schenk.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

If you're reading this I highly recommend you find a different urologist to help you. I've never in my life seen a practice run the way this office is held. Absolutely disgraceful. Every staff member, nurse and Dr. Schenk were the utmost rude and unprofessional people I've come across in the medical field. Nothing was explained to me. Trying to call in and each call was no less than a 20 minute HOLD time. I literally went the worst pain of my life because he nor his staff followed protocol. Everyone was rude, no sympathy or patience. Do yourself a favor and find a better doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Elderly Mom under care for regular treatment - love the kindness and fun he shows towards her. Straight forward, quick and competent!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Scheduled appt for extreme difficulty urinating. Kept waiting 45 min beyond appt time. Dr. gave me the impression I was being "squeezed in" between more important appointments. Half-listened to my problem and wanted me to come back in three weeks to do a urine flow test - I was beyond that, I knew I had a problem. Made and appt. with another urologist who scheduled ultrasounds and cystoscopy and eventually solved my problem.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

Not to put this too bluntly, but Dr. Schenk saved my life. His practice diagnosed by kidney cancer quickly, and my appointment with Dr. Schenk was immediate. He answered my many, many questions - was always upfront with me - he performed 2 outpatient + one cancer surgery, and I wouldn't be treated by (or recommend) anyone else. A skilled physician.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

caring, patient and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

If this is the same Dr. Schenk that was my father's family doctor back in the late 80's and 90's, he should be ashamed to still be practicing medicine. He completely missed my father's family history and never asked him any important medical questions. He told my father so many different things. Dad finally had some exploratory surgery for possible diverticulitis. That's when his stage 4 colon cancer was discovered by another surgeon, not "Dr." Schenk. My father had a huge family history of colon cancer and Schenk never reviewed my father's family history. My father had so much blind trust in this man because he was so friendly and enjoyed talking about non-medical items. I truly believe if my dad had had another family doctor, we would have found the cancer a lot sooner and he would possibly still be here today enjoying his grandchildren. I spoke to Schenk after his diagnosis & after my father died. No apology, nothing. He stopped practicing in Va for awhile. Can't believe he's back.

Submitted July 26, 2009

poor listener. discounts personal concerns. office unkempt. uses the 'everything is ok, don't worry' method. very old school. treats patients' genuine concerns and personal research as unnecessary and neurotic. compares nutritional interests and questions to 'unproven science and quackery'. insensitive examinations, no gowns used, no sense whatsoever of the comfort of the patient. while appearing friendly, visit provided no information, no guidance, no understanding, and no acknowledgment of an issue or a problem. a visit two days later to a different dr. quickly and clearly identified a problem, and offered an easy solution. finally addressing the concern and providing peace of mind. there is nothing worse than feeling you are going crazy, knowing there is an issue, and having a sub-par dr. treat you like it is all in your head! remember, nobody knows your body better than yourself! trust your instincts!

Submitted February 13, 2008

Dr. Gregory S. Schenk's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Gregory S. Schenk joined The Urology Group in 2005 after completing a fellowship at the Mayo Clinic. Dr. Schenk graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the State University of New York at Albany with a bachelor of science in biology and went on to earn his medical degree at the SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn. He completed his surgical internship and urology residency at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center where he was twice named a Pfizer scholar in Urology. He was also selected as a Gerald P. Murphy scholar for prostate cancer research in 2003. He then went on to complete a two year fellowship in urological oncology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Schenk has published numerous articles relating to various aspects of urology and has presented at many national meetings. Dr. Schenk co-authored a book chapter on the surgical management of locally advanced and node positive prostate cancer in The Textbook of Genitourinary Oncology. He is certified by the American Board of Urology and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Schenk's special interests include complex urological surgeries including da Vinci partial nephrectomy, da Vinci robotic prostatectomy (nerve sparing), and da Vinci cystectomy with intracorporeal urinary diversion. Dr. Schenk is one of a handful of high-volume robotic surgeons in the Washington DC area having performed over 750 robotic surgical procedures. He is the only urologic oncology fellowship trained surgeon providing care in Fairfax and Loudoun counties. He is currently serving as the Medical Director of Robotic Surgery and Minimally Invasive Urology for Inova Loudoun Hospital. He is the director of The Urology Group Prostate Cancer Support Group which meets at Reston Hospital Center. Dr. Gregory Schenk currently lives in Northern Virginia with his wife and two children.

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1997)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal