Ratings for Dr. Francis J. McGovern

His medical knowledge and skill as a surgeon make him one of the best in the field. His ability to connect with patients on a personal level makes him the best. Dr. McGovern is patient, honest, and very direct. Consider yourself fortunate if you are one of his patients. Everyone in the office is fantastic as well.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr. McGovern is a rock star! His significant skill, coupled with his great bedside manner, personality and sincere interest in his patients are a phenomenal combination. My local urologist had painted a fairly bleak picture with my prostate cancer diagnosis. Not so with Dr. M! He was both confidant and reassuring in his diagnosis, and here I am 5 weeks post-op doing well and feeling great. Post surgery he gave very explicit instructions, and told me that if I do exactly what he tells me to do I will have a strong recovery. And he was right! His instructions are frequently updated to reflect feedback from his patients, so he is directing you towards the best practices across his patient base. I was told by several people during my journey that he is "the doctor's doctor", and I can see why. When you need the best urological surgeon you can find RUN to Dr. McGovern. And his office staff are all incredible, too. An entire group of people who are really good at what they do, and clearly love their work. He saved my life. I am blessed to have found him.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

My husband was dx w/ renal cell carcinoma, amazing, gifted surgeon Dr. McGovern is, removed his tumor and only partial kidney. my husband back to work after 5 weeks and gets to run around w/ his 5 grandchildren still. Dr. McGovern is GIFTEDâ˜ș

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

every time I have visit I feel comfortable with him been seeing him almost 20 years now.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Great man, great doctor! He basically saved my life. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in November of 2014, met with Dr. Francis, had surgery on 12/24/25, labs came back, he went deeper and wider during my 1/15/15 surgery, labs came back and I will live to see my 9 year old daughter grow into adulthood!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

My Prostrate Cancer was in the early stages. I had all options available to me for treatment. A nurse relative suggested that I consult with Dr. McGovern. He set me up with appointments with the heads of Oncology and Radiology departments, allowing me to make the appropriate decision. I decided to go with surgery with Dr. McGovern. Mere words cannot express how satisfied I was with Dr. McGovern and his staff. I have talked to many people who have had surgery with other doctors/hospitals/methods and my experience and outcome topped theirs.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

Dr. McGovern is not just a great doctor, he is a great person. His ability to put the prognosis in perspective, design a plan of action and follow up with a personal touch is something I never expected from a doctor. I've always perceived doctors to be aloof/arrogant, but Dr. McGovern could not be further from that perception. He actually cares about the patient and the immediate family. I would recommend him to anyone who has a renal problem, and his staff reflects his personality, because they are also very nice each office visit.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012

Dr. McGovern is ABSOLUTELY the best urologist out there, especially for difficult surgeries. He does not hesitate to bring in someone else to assist in the surgery, if he deems they have a specialty that he does not, pride does not get in the way! Great bedside manner...very informative and caring. The BEST!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

He is very personable and knowledgable. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012

I was very nervous prior to my exam and procedure. Dr. McGovern and his staff were welcoming, kind,knowledgeable and most of all professional and caring.A most welcomed surprise was the fact that all looked great in his opionion but he went a step further and asked that I have one more procedure to make absolute sure nothing was missed. That's the kind of physician everyone should want, the one that goes just one more step further than the norm. I highly recommend his experitise.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Dr. Francis J. McGovern's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)