Ratings for Dr. Francis J. McGovern

I am a new patient of Dr Mc Govern. I had ovarian cancer in 2017 and a very small lesion was discovered in my right kidney. We met yesterday. Scheduled for biopsy and if positive a procedure hopefully will be done by Dr McGovern. His staff is amazing really. Very thorough and professional. Funny too! I felt at ease right away After reading the reviews I feel that I am very fortunate To have him taking care of me After operating through the day he met me at 5:30 pm. Unheard of right? I didn’t feel rushed at all. He was very encouraging And professional. So I’m not sure what lies ahead but I feel confident no matter what the outcome of my biopsy I’m in the best hands possible!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

I can"t say enough about Dr. McGovern. He saw me on very short notice, was a little early on the appointment, set-up the procedure within just a few days, and followed-up twice afterwords, (Once on a Sunday, and the other time at eight PM). He was very thorough , and his manner was terrific. His great reputation is well deserved, and I am grateful that he is looking after me.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2018

Wasn’t pleased. Nice man but does not offer laparoscopic surgery. Dated experience.

Submitted February 25, 2018

I am very thankful to have found Dr. McGovern. Certainly his qualification and skill is well known; but even more importantly his personality and style make him one of the best. I was diagnosed with stage 1 (later upgraded to 2) prostate cancer. Frank recommended surgery, but sent me to the chief of medical oncology and to a top radiation oncologist to confirm the recommendation. The radiation oncologist opened with "I have reviewed your case, and as the radiation guy I'm recommending surgery. There are only two people I would allow to operate on me, and Frank McGovern is one of them." (Makes me wonder who the other one is!). From biopsy to diagnosis to surgery to recovery Dr. McGovern has been top-notch! I followed his post-op instructions and am almost fully recovered 10 weeks after surgery! Two final points: First, the office staff is great. From my first phone call with Sasha to my first contact with Dr. Lauren Pelski to nursing and reception, everyone has been friendly, competent, professional, and encouraging. Secondly, I appreciate that Dr. McGovern answered every question before it was asked and spoke as much to my wife as to myself. I highly recommend Frank McGovern.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

His medical knowledge and skill as a surgeon make him one of the best in the field. His ability to connect with patients on a personal level makes him the best. Dr. McGovern is patient, honest, and very direct. Consider yourself fortunate if you are one of his patients. Everyone in the office is fantastic as well.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr. McGovern is a rock star! His significant skill, coupled with his great bedside manner, personality and sincere interest in his patients are a phenomenal combination. My local urologist had painted a fairly bleak picture with my prostate cancer diagnosis. Not so with Dr. M! He was both confidant and reassuring in his diagnosis, and here I am 5 weeks post-op doing well and feeling great. Post surgery he gave very explicit instructions, and told me that if I do exactly what he tells me to do I will have a strong recovery. And he was right! His instructions are frequently updated to reflect feedback from his patients, so he is directing you towards the best practices across his patient base. I was told by several people during my journey that he is "the doctor's doctor", and I can see why. When you need the best urological surgeon you can find RUN to Dr. McGovern. And his office staff are all incredible, too. An entire group of people who are really good at what they do, and clearly love their work. He saved my life. I am blessed to have found him.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

My husband was dx w/ renal cell carcinoma, amazing, gifted surgeon Dr. McGovern is, removed his tumor and only partial kidney. my husband back to work after 5 weeks and gets to run around w/ his 5 grandchildren still. Dr. McGovern is GIFTED☺

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

every time I have visit I feel comfortable with him been seeing him almost 20 years now.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Great man, great doctor! He basically saved my life. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in November of 2014, met with Dr. Francis, had surgery on 12/24/25, labs came back, he went deeper and wider during my 1/15/15 surgery, labs came back and I will live to see my 9 year old daughter grow into adulthood!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

My Prostrate Cancer was in the early stages. I had all options available to me for treatment. A nurse relative suggested that I consult with Dr. McGovern. He set me up with appointments with the heads of Oncology and Radiology departments, allowing me to make the appropriate decision. I decided to go with surgery with Dr. McGovern. Mere words cannot express how satisfied I was with Dr. McGovern and his staff. I have talked to many people who have had surgery with other doctors/hospitals/methods and my experience and outcome topped theirs.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

Dr. Francis J. McGovern's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)