You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Francis J. McGovern

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Great man, great doctor! He basically saved my life. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in November of 2014, met with Dr. Francis, had surgery on 12/24/25, labs came back, he went deeper and wider during my 1/15/15 surgery, labs came back and I will live to see my 9 year old daughter grow into adulthood!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

My Prostrate Cancer was in the early stages. I had all options available to me for treatment. A nurse relative suggested that I consult with Dr. McGovern. He set me up with appointments with the heads of Oncology and Radiology departments, allowing me to make the appropriate decision. I decided to go with surgery with Dr. McGovern. Mere words cannot express how satisfied I was with Dr. McGovern and his staff. I have talked to many people who have had surgery with other doctors/hospitals/methods and my experience and outcome topped theirs.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

Dr. McGovern is not just a great doctor, he is a great person. His ability to put the prognosis in perspective, design a plan of action and follow up with a personal touch is something I never expected from a doctor. I've always perceived doctors to be aloof/arrogant, but Dr. McGovern could not be further from that perception. He actually cares about the patient and the immediate family. I would recommend him to anyone who has a renal problem, and his staff reflects his personality, because they are also very nice each office visit.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012

Dr. McGovern is ABSOLUTELY the best urologist out there, especially for difficult surgeries. He does not hesitate to bring in someone else to assist in the surgery, if he deems they have a specialty that he does not, pride does not get in the way! Great bedside manner...very informative and caring. The BEST!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

He is very personable and knowledgable. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012

I was very nervous prior to my exam and procedure. Dr. McGovern and his staff were welcoming, kind,knowledgeable and most of all professional and caring.A most welcomed surprise was the fact that all looked great in his opionion but he went a step further and asked that I have one more procedure to make absolute sure nothing was missed. That's the kind of physician everyone should want, the one that goes just one more step further than the norm. I highly recommend his experitise.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Dr McGovern's thoroughness to pursue a minimal intermitting unrelated symptom saved my life. I went to see him for my prostate and even with normal kidney functions he discovered early stage renal cell carcinoma. He recommended me to see Dr. Libertino at Lahey Clinic who found a second tumor and saved eighty percent of my kidney. Dr. McGovern was elated to see me two months later. It was his passion and patience that saved me.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. McGovern's knowledge and skill are evident. He is a confident surgeon, meticulous and a obviously well regarded among his peers (as evidenced by the many comments from other urologists I had spoken to. He is respectful of patients and his staff, with a wonderful bedside manner. I was fortunate to have him as my surgeon during a difficult time. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted December 25, 2010

His cheerful personality and encouragement are good matches for his superb skill and knowledge of urology.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

Dr. Francis J. McGovern's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Harvard-Pilgrim
Tufts

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "every time I have visit I feel comfortable with him been seeing him almost 20 years now."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great man, great doctor! He basically saved my life. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in November of 2014, met with Dr. Francis, had surgery on 12/24/25, lab..."

January 25, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=14866'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.6

February 16, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=14866'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014