Ratings for Dr. Thomas A. Hamlin

He kept changing my medicine from what I was already on. I questioned the new medicine he put me on because it had some harmful side effects according to a drug book I had and PDR. He got mad and yelled at me and told me I was having a manic episode. I told him I was angry with him for speaking to me like I was a child and informing my mother about my medicine. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

Dr Hamilin filled in for my doctor when I was at St Joseph's Hospital in Houston. I observed his behavior with one of his patients. He was haughty and non-responsive. When it was my turn he totally did not listen to anything I said. I was in an HMO and could only be in the hospital for 3-4 days. He wanted to change all of the medication from what my regular doctor had prescribed. When I asked him not to do that, since I'd have to spend time going back to my regular medication again, he got mad and kept me on the intensive care floor a second day. Then he released me the following (third) day. It was the only time I almost had to go back into the hospital after being released - my other experiences have been that I've been in a better state after being released. Very bad actor.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

Dr. Thomas A. Hamlin's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1976)