Ratings for Dr. Henry L. Harrell

His staff is helpful and friendly. Ancillary services are conveniently located in the same complex. He always has time to answer questions. Exams are thorough. Record keeping is electronic and accurate.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

I had very severe pain in my hip, pelvic region & back; he hospitalized me on recommendation of my rheumat.(I have fibromyalgia),ran MRI & bone scan. He then said I could be discharged (before results of all tests were determined) & he said I would "never find the cause of my pelvic pain". I argued that I would, too find the cause, as I could not work or even stand up straight for the incapacitating pain! Dr. Harrell said my MRI was "normal", but my rheumatologist read it to me and told me it showed a plum-sized ovarian cyst. Turns out it was pressing on my ovary and making it bleed. My GYN ran a CA-125 blood test for cancer, it was positive. 1 complete hysterectomy later (& no cancer, just endometriosis), the excruciating pain is finally gone and I'm back to work, full-time!! but no thanks to Dr. Harrell, who was going to leave me in severe pain & incapacitated for the rest of my life w/no hope of ever getting well & working again! Thank God my rheumatologist and GYN cared about me!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

Dr. Henry L. Harrell's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

MSP/BC Med