Ratings for Dr. Howard S. Goldberg

I love Dr Goldberg. I will admit his bedside manner can be off putting but I think underneath is a very caring man. He did wonders with my face. Laser and injections. He likes to go slow. First things first and you have to respect that. I think he is wonderful!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

Had a rash and couldn't get an appt with my PCP because he is so booked up. Saw this dermatologist who diagnosed my rash with a quick 1 minute evaluation and no tests as "bug bites." He seemed angry that I was wasting his time. Granted it was close to lunch time, so he was probably hungry. I finally got an appt. with my PCP who immediately diagnosed the rash as a staph infection, gave me a topical cream to apply, and it was gone in 2 weeks. This guy needs to retire!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Many people complain about the wait time at Dr. Goldberg's office, but the wait is well worth it. Dr. Goldberg is a very knowledgeable doctor and cares about his patients. He never rushes me once I am in the exam room and answers every single question I have. He has really helped clear up my skin and made me feel about my appearance!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Anybody who reviews Dr. Goldberg and doesn't mention wait times is not submitting a genuine, objective review. I stopped going to him because I couldn't spend 1/2 day in his office every time I needed to see a dermatologist. I've heard he double and triple books, then comes in an hour late. Absolutely NO respect for his patients.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Sadly, he is a terrible dermatologist. I always waited close to 2 hours for him and when he finally saw me it was just before noon. His office closed for lunch at noon. He rushed in and out, barely spent 5 minutes with me. Based on my visits to him, he was totally indifferent and disrespectful of me as a patient. I later changed jobs and cities and found a super dermatologist out of state. When I complained to the staff that I was waiting 2 hours to see him, and could I call in and see if the wait was this long and arrive closer to that actual time I would be seen, I was told that I had to show up at my scheduled time and just wait.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

Always 1-2 hours late for appointments because he shows up when he feel like it in the morning, causing all his appointments to be pushed out. Insists on biopsies most of the time which he reads himself to bill out $. Barks at the help, including the nurse practitioners. Wife and stepson run the show. My experience is that he wanted to keep me coming back for appointments which took all morning so he could do a try this, try that. I am extremely shocked the other reviews have no mentioned his constantly being late, in fact I wonder if they are legit. I do not believe this dermatologist runs an ethical practice because he takes advantage of the patient being a victim and he leaves them sitting waiting hours for him as he prances in for his first appointment when he feels like it. Seems like his time is important but the patient is supposed to sit and wait like they have all the time in the world. Turnstyle operation with miserable staff.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

Years of appointments with physicians at top Boston Hospitals, Lahey Clinic ,spending a significant amount of money with little to no results for an unsightly condition on my upper arms keratosis pilaris (reddened skin) and scarring on my chest from acne. I wasn't met with much understanding. I suppose if these doctors had had bright red inflamed upper arms they might have thought differently.Well, I was lucky to finally be referred to Dr. Howard Goldberg. He has every state of the art laser and is extremely knowledgeable on how to use them. He's methodically worked on my reddened arms and the transformation to normal pigment is unbelievable! Another laser for the scarring on my chest is again unbelievable in the transformation to normal skin. He's brilliant!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

good doctor... very knoweledgeable.. He can solve many skin problems.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

No pain and was quick to have small growths removed from face. Also had dermabrassions several times there and all was well. Going back to have another growth removed on face.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008

Dr. Howard S. Goldberg's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1964)

Top Hospitals in Lynn, MA