Ratings for Dr. David MacAskill

Also agree with many of the other comments in that money seems to be a priority over patient care. With the open concept you can really see that every patient gets the same treatment. I've also know of patients who had to go twice in a day for no reason other than to 'make up' for being on vacation and keeping the payment plan flowing. It was quite a few years ago that I was a patient there and I'm saddened to see nothing has changed. My favorite chiropractor is one that is honest about when I have to come back and even better when they say, 'your body will tell you when to come back'. This is a doctor who cares about me and my health and not about my money. I did eventually have to stop getting treatments from him as it was causing me more pain as unecessary adjustments were constantly being done.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Very cult like, drink the Kool-Aid atmosphere. Pressure for money upfront made me feel very uneasy and the clinic seems very sales orientated and not patient oriented. I did not like the open concept treatment area or the names of the patients on the welcome sign. To me that did not promote patient confidentiality. I will not go back.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr. David MacAskill

Dr. David MacAskill's response
I would like to thank all of those who have taken the time to write a review about our Centre (positive or negative). Yes, even the negative remarks are appreciated as we try to learn from them and improve our patient service. There seem to be some recurrent concerns from some reviews that I would like to address in this response. 1)Patient Confidentiality: Yes, we do write patient names on our " Welcome to our office board" on the first visit to our Centre; however, to respect patient confidentiality, we only use first names. While some may take offence to this practice, most patients comment on how much they appreciated the recognition and found it to be a very nice gesture. 2) Semi-open concept treatment area: There are several reasons why I choose to practice in this configuration, such as reduced patient wait times and improved patient flow, but the most important reason is that it allows me the opportunity for patient education while I work. While most patients enjoy the style of this format, the opportunity of private room treatments is always made available to those who would prefer that option. 3) Prepaid treatment plans: We do offer the option of monthly or pre paid treatment plans in our office. The purpose of these options is to reduce patient wait time and to reduce stress on our front desk staff. When these options are considered there are significant savings offered to the patient. If the choice is made to discontinue treatment at any time, and there is a credit balance, it is immediately refunded. Of course the option of paying per visit is always possible and we now offer direct billing on a "pay per visit basis". Our team works very hard to provide the best possible care for our patients and for some, we are saddened to hear that we have not been able to meet your needs and expectations. Despite this, we truly wish you the best in your future health. Dr. Dave MacAskill

Submitted March 12, 2017

Dr. MacAskill is very professional and knowledgeable. He explains everything to you in detail so that you understand exactly what is happening. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help patients in any way that they can. The new concept of a multi disciplined practice is very convenient and we wish Dr. MacAskill and his staff continued success!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I had years of lower back pain figured it was just life. After seeing Dr. David for a year this has been the best year for my back, for me worth every penny spent. I think he pressures a bit to get a commitment for a year of treatment, but honestly you can't just fix a back in one session. I did not see results for a few weeks. Its like working out one time and expecting a years of results. On numerous occasions I see him working with patients for unrelated physio issues giving them some advice, etc. He is a helpfull doctor in his craft and I would recommend. Just so everybody knows, people do jobs to make money...yes doctors too :)

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

I would never recommend Dr MacAskill. A few years ago I went to him regularly for over 2 years and mentioned that I was still having the same pain that I went to see him in the first place and he say he would start treatment. A colleague was also seeing him for a completely different reason and upon comparing notes, we found he was doing the adjustments. He's only interested in volume not quality of care. very disapointed.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

great guy and awesome staff. I dont feel pressured at all into staying, and having done the research, the reason you are asked to stay long term is because it is proven to help promote good health. Also, if your back is injured, you need repetitive care or there is a good chance it will go back to being bad. Wouldn't see any other chiropractor.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

usual fee is $35 per session but discounts apply if you sign up for a corrective program - initial fee was only $20 for Xray, etc. through promotion at work. really nice guy and staff

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

I visited the office approximately 20 times aboutr two years ago and don't plan on returning for three reasons. One - The approach focused on sales and long term commitment more than I was comfortable with based on my experience at previous offices. Two - I did not like the open concept of the office where you're adjusted in front of all other patient that are waiting for their session. Three - I felt that the emphasis was on throughput of patients rather than any meaningful consultation during each session.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

I felt pressured into signing up for lots of treatments when I only wanted my back fixed so I can make it to work, but I have to come back another day after a sales pitch.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

My husband and I have just finished our 100th session and we feel so much better. I have lots of health problems and Dr. Dave is willing to help you along to a road of recovery. Great doctor. Can't tell you the amount we paid because he has different plans you can sign up to. Great Guy.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

Dr. David MacAskill's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English