Ratings for Dr. Dean K. Knudson

Always late, when in the appointment, he feels rushed and doesn't hear much. Not people skilled

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Dr. Dean Knudson is the worst doctor I've ever had .

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

It pains me that I even have to give this alleged doctor one star. I had the misfortune to be taken to the ER when he was the attending psychiatrist. He let out rapid fire questions at me. He gave me a diagnosis that was never, ever given to me before or made sense & effected my life for yrs. As an inpatient, when he did see me, it was for about a minute. He asked me 9-12 questions off a cheat sheet while looking away. Worst M.D. in any specialty. Run in any direction if you are assigned to him. This is a dangerous man.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

It appears he has a heavy workload which contributes negatively to his professionalism.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

My daughter has been having depression and anxiety problems since she was 12. She is now 26. Dr. K is the first psychiatrist that has helped her. In the past, she was on meds that didn't help or made her worse. She also had shock therapy in the past, which did absolutely nothing. She was also hospitalized many times in psych wards, with not much help, other than to keep her safe when she was suicidal. Dr. K has been seeing her for a couple of years now, and has finally found a good combination of meds that have really helped her, and she is very stable. I would recommend Dr. Knudson very highly to anyone that is looking for an excellent pschiatrist. He also has a great sense of humor. My daughter and I always have at LEAST one good chuckle at her appointments.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Dr. Knutson shocked the blank out of me for a long period of time. He only stopped when he had me committed for becoming unresponsive. I lost a lot of my life because of Dr. (And I use that title loosely ) Knutson that I can never get back. I only wish I could sue for malpractice now.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr. Knudson gets right to point on as to what I need to dol

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I like him, he does his job, I don't need a hand holder..he listens to me. Yes he asks a quick succession of questions - I see that is how he makes his assessment as to how I am.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I agree with every negative comment made about this doctor. I think there is computer processor in his brain where empathy should be located. At home we call it the Dean Knudson Show. I should just fill out surveys and hand them in to allow Knudsen to grade them -- that is what an appointment with this physician is like. He asks a series of rapid fire questions, stops when done and by the end I feel invisible because repeatedly he has interrupted me, moved to the next question without an answer, and his quizzes never correlate with medication choices. I'm considering confronting him as I think narcissism rather than empathy and compassion guide his hand. He also loves to make you run out of meds before you'd see him next on his plan and repeatedly tells you to call if suicidal, posing the latter as a question. I'd rather talk to a random crisis line.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

He does not listen. He has a list of questions he asks and even if you don't answer, he just moves to the next question. He gives you maybe five minutes of his precious time. I doubt he could pick me out in a lineup five minutes after our appointment. He has no interest in me or my concerns. He always asks if I'd call if I was thinking of suicide. He would be the absolute last person on earth I would think of in that instance. Actually if I thought of calling anyone, it would be someone who actually cared about me -- not him. He prescribes meds without any background information at all. He denied meds without any background information. He is worthless.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr. Dean K. Knudson's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in St. LOUIS PARK, MN