Ratings for Dr. Rosanne Mayhew

Dr. Mayhew thinks nothing of killing unborn babies through abortion. I was young and made the choice to do it at 10 weeks along. Was crying my eyes out in front of her before the procedure and never once did she ask if I was sure I wanted to go through with it. She is desensitized and makes a good chunk of her money through abortions. Also, little did I know I would be faced with lobular breast cancer at a premenopausal age and current and past studies reveal abortion puts women at risk for this type of breast cancer. Doctors such as Mayhew want to ignore this and don't care about the babies they dismember.she even heard my baby's heartbeat days before the abortion and commented on how I was pretty far along. she will have to answer for her horrible actions one day. I hope she wakes up.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Please be careful before going to Dr. Rosanne Mayhew. She was quick to judge my large labia by giving it a name she likes to call "the bat wings", which made me feel even more insecure. I'm sure she did this only to persuade me into getting the operation, by making me feel like my condition was even worse. She didn't tell me that I'm beautiful as I am. She didn't give me time to think about whether or not I really wanted to change my body forever. She failed to tell me that women often regret having Labia reduction done. She doesn't know anything about real self-worth, she can only offer a woman false self-esteem by performing one of her magical surgery's. I fully regret having her perform this operation, because as a result I'm more unhappy than I ever was. I will always be reminded of her every time I look down at the area she took from me. I hope that every woman uses caution before visiting Dr. Rosanne Mayhew, so they don't have to suffer the great disress I have to endure everyday.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

I would not recommend this doctor. She charges enormous amount. Asked for consulation, will take you for extended consultation and will charge you like crazy. Be sure to know how much she is charging.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Dr. Mayhew is extremely knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to women's health; however, that is about the only positive point I can make. I expect to have trust and comfort with my doctors, and that is not how I would characterize my relationship with Dr. Mayhew. For lack of better words, she is judgmental, has no one in the office to help with paperwork, and bills for tests without informing you up front. I do not recommend Dr. Mayhew unless you have thick skin and enjoy being judged and talked to like a juvenile while having your pap smear taken. She is not easy to talk to and while on one hand is very stern with medical advice in terms of appropriate vitamins and precautions, she is a complete hypocrite because she pushes skin/laser treatments and botox. Lastly, she does not accept a lot of insurance types, so check beforehand to see if you're covered.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

Dr. Mayhew was short, irritated, and rough with me. I was a returning client from many years ago and her attitude had really changed in 15 years. She claimed I had a venereal disease within moments of looking at me, which scared the hell out of me, then after testing it in the office determined it was just a "flap of tissue". Horrifying. She had no staff working with her, claiming that all of them were incompetent and she was having a difficult time hiring. She went on in great detail regarding this and it felt, and was, extremely inappropriate. And as others state, she sells cosmetics/skin products, promotes plastic/laser surgery in her office which is apparently her new extended business (rather odd for a gynecologist), takes no insurance, and charges a fortune. I would not ever return to this woman - I felt invaded, used as a therapist for her problems, and mishandled, and I do not believe she should be a licensed physician.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

Dr. Mayhew has been my doctor over 15 years and I have always had excellent service. She always takes her time and answers all questions. She keeps me informed on all new information and never rushes me out. I have recommended her to many friends and have never had a negitive comment.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2008

Rude,unprofessional, and grubby. Would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

I am only 26 years old and therefore only need an exam every 2 years yet when I called the office for a refill on my contraceptives they told me I had to have a yearly exam first. They were absolutely unwavering and unaccomodating even though I usually go every year for an exam and have never skipped one! I was furious as I was leaving for a business trip and needed that quick supply! In addition, the last time I was there, she charged me for an additional HPV lab test which I had not been informed about before she ordered it done along with my pap smear. That was an extra 200 bucks and for a patient with no insurance! The least she could have done was ok it with me first! I'll never go back to her. Her office has gotten too impersonal and lacks the kind of personal service she used to be known for. Too bad...another doctor I have to replace.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2006

Incompetent. I went for gyn check-up and had to insist on pap smear, pelvic exam, & breast exam. As a certified breast health educator with the Cancer Society, I can verify that Dr. Mayhew has no clue about how to perform an exam and didn't follow any kind of protocol whatsoever. She never followed up with the results of the lab tests. Her office markets cosmetic services to women, selling expensive skincare products, laser hair removal, etc. which is not what a gynecologist should be more focused on doing. She targets wealthy clientele by catering to their cosmetic whims (e.g."anti-aging" medicine) rather than practicing good medicine and sticking to her speciality. Peddling pricey ineffective cosmetics and services is inappropriate.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2006

Dr. Rosanne Mayhew's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Los Gatos, CA