Ratings for Dr. Andy A. Roth

Great Doctor!! I have been going to him for almost 30 years and he delivered all of my beautiful children. He always gets you in if you need him even though he is booked months out. He is very friendly and intelligent and always remembers everything we talk about and my health information. I am very happy that he does the pap test 2xs a year. People don't realize that doing that can be the difference in preventing cancer. I had a friend who ended up with a hysterectormy at 30 years old because she had her pap test 14 mo apart and it could have been prevented if she was getting checked regularly. She isn't a patient of Dr. Roth and now she can never have children

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I've seen Dr. Andy for over 20 years. Great bedside manner and very comfortable to work with. Over the years, his office staff has been rude, but they've been much better the past few years. My only complaint is the 2x a year pap smear. I've never heard of anyone else insisting on this and he holds your meds hostage to keep you coming in 2x per year. It's the one thing that makes me want to go elsewhere. He's all about giving you medication for everything, so I sometimes wonder what his relationship is like with his pharm reps. I also have to resort to the annual "I'll get the flu shot elsewhere" lie to avoid being bullied into getting one. He gets his scrubs in a bunch if you decline. All in all, great to work with, but I can do without the hoops.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Roth is fine, but his staff ruined the experience for me. I waited for a good 10 minutes to check in and hand in forms without being acknowledged while the girls goofed off, gossiped and took selfies. Like the patient before me, I also had a bad experience with Nicole. I tried to ask her a question, she was on her phone, so she looked up at me and told me I could wait until she was finished.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Roth is excellent! However, I had a very negative experience with a staff member named Nicole who identified herself as a nurse. She was rude, incompetent, and made me feel very uncomfortable. I also did not see her wash her hands. If Dr. Ross hadn't been so amazing I'd never come back based on my experience with his staff member. Aside from the poor staff member, he is the best.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

I don't know what I'll do if Dr. Roth ever retires. He's the complete package-knowlegeable, caring, competent and compassionate. He never lets me leave until he's sure I understand everything, discusses treatments, is very thorough, and makes me feel like I'm his only patient. Never dismissive, always respectful, always honest. I've never had a doctor I respected more.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

Dictates his records on other patent's while you sit in office and listen and if you are unfortunate enough to be in the room next to his office then you get to hear entire private conversations between him and his patient... Very awkward!! He bullies you in to making appointments BEFORE he lets you leave and doesn't discuss procedures with you. but tells you what he is doing. Whatever you do don't have the nerve to ask a common sense question regarding your health or body because it will be met with an indignant response to let you know he is ALWAYS right and you have no right to question him. The bonus is when the day comes you decide to go elsewhere you will learn from your medical records, or at least the records he keeps, that you have health issues and have had procedures that you have NEVER had!! Sometimes you even get a few pages from another patient's records thrown in with yours for extra reading... Guessing they haven't hesrd of HIPPA!! Should have left long before I did!!!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Many fish in the sea; throw this one back! It's a bait and switch. This doctor may act like he cares, but he doesn't even remember you from appointment to appointment. He may have doctor burn out since he doesn't even check your record before you see him. He seems surprised when you announce you've been on a medication for the last 2 years prescribed BY HIM as he tries to tell you about how you need it now for the first time. He constantly dictates on his devise about the patient before you as you sit waiting in front of him. This is awkward for me as I just met this patient in the blood draw room and now know about her personal information. He's never concerned about patient privacy. He allows his students to spectate and eves drop on his patients. I say this because I gave the most private part of myself as a contribution to education of these "STUDENTS" and one breached my privacy to my neighbors, etc. It came back to bite me 3 years later. It's feather's in the wind now and there's nothing that can give me my privacy back. He also allows his staff to joke and converse among each other, but totally disregard the patient. He allowed two staff members to converse with the door ajar while he was giving me a pap smear. It happened '2' times in the same appointment. He has no regard for privacy or feelings. On more than one occasion, I have been a target for his insensitive humor. It often felt like I was going to my own roast instead of a doctor (I thought, professional). Shame on me for not walking out the day I walked in.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I feel like his knowledge base is not very strong. He also does absolutely no confirmation testing. I feel like there are much better OBGYNs out there that can take care of your problem and diagnose it correctly. He is not one of those doctors.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

Dr. Andy is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He is extremely knowledgeable and has a great bed side manner. He will make you comfortable no matter what the situation. He is also very punctual, which is rare for an OBGYN. Many times he has no control of his day, if a woman goes into labor. I have been there, waiting to see him, and the nurse has come in and asked if I want to wait or reschedule because he was called to the hospital for a delivery. I understood and rescheduled, as I unfortunatley did not have time to wait that day. I wasn't mad, and completely understood, because someone else may have been in the same situation the day he was called away to deliver my son. I have recommended him to many friends and family members and feel confident in giving him the highest rating available. Most of his staff is great, and very understanding and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

This doctor may be nice, but he is absolutely not up to date on the lastest medical procedures. In addition, he has a factory system of people in and out. I will never go back to him!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Dr. Andy A. Roth's Credentials

• Russian

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Lombard, IL