Ratings for Dr. Stanley Kahan

I saw Dr. Kahan for a lung issue. I appreciated his common sense approach, and his knowledge of my problem. He explained the what was going on, evening drawing diagrams of my lungs for me to understand. He followed up and has been effectively managing my symptoms. He is not just a Dr. with a "good bedside manner", he genuinally cares.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

attitude seems poor toward patients needs. Not a positive experience and would not recommend.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2009

told me not to place my relative on an ventilator..just let her die..would do the same thing to his relative...i refused..ventilator was placed and patient lived years more..should have gone to court against him..let him deny this

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

I went to Kahan because he was nearby and allowed by my insurer. He was going to be my Internal Medicine doctor. He was late, surly, didn't seem to believe anything I told him or any symptoms I had, and told me that I shouldn't come back to him because I was too young to have any medical problems (29). I got a terrible vibe off of him and am looking to get a new doctor. He really made me feel like I was wasting his time by even existing.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

not very warm feeling...could say more..

flag | Submitted September 3, 2007

Highly recommend this doctor. I came in off the street without a referral, so I had no idea what to expect. His only qualification was that he was a lung doctor (I had lung problems) and he was near my office. He quickly honed in on the problem, did the tests he needed to quickly, and took the time to explain to me what was going on and instill in me that what I had was serious and I needed to put the appropriate amount of effort into following up, etc. In short, he knew how to deal with me.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2005

Dr. Stanley Kahan's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)