Ratings for Dr. Joel A. Shapiro

I tore my rotator cuff and bicep in an auto accident. Had heard horror stories about the surgery and post op. PT. Three months post off, I am feeling better than I have felt in years! Dr. Shapiro was great at explaining all the options, and his aftercare was amazing!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2019

Dr. Shapiro did an excellent job on my rotator cuff and bicep. He listened, answered any concerns, and made the whole experience a positive one.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2019

Dr. Shapiro completed a successful surgery on my shoulder. I gave him my full confidence after he resolved my tennis elbow. I'd highly recommend Dr. Shapiro to family, friends or anyone who requires similar treatments.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2019

Successfully treated shoulder injury with surgery. Staff in the clinic is excellent with great communication. Great bedside banner by Dr Shapiro

flag | Submitted September 10, 2019

An excellent all round experience. Complete confidence in Dr Shapiro and his team.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2019

Dr. Shapiro explained my injury in full detail where I can understand what is going on and what to expect in the recovery process. He has alot of patience and is a compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2019

Dr. Shapiro correctly identified my shoulder issues and recommended a course of action to fix the problems. He performed my shoulder surgery and manipulation procedure at their Wallingford location. Couldn't ask for a smoother operation. Shoulder works great. I've got my arm back. Thank you Dr. Shapiro!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2019

Dr. Shapiro was the best. Comforting, educating, and approachable. He fixed my shoulder issue and now it feels better than it has in years. Don't bother looking anywhere else.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2019

Dr. Shapiro has done both of my shoulders now and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2019

They did great work on my shoulder . And the Dr answers all of my questions

flag | Submitted June 6, 2019

Dr. Joel A. Shapiro's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Shapiro is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with a clinical focus in shoulder and elbow surgery, arthroscopic surgery, and sports medicine. Dr. Shapiro sees a wide variety of shoulder problems, from arthritis to rotator cuff tears to tendonitis, and everything in between. He performs over 300 shoulder procedures per year, including many shoulder arthroscopies. While he is known in the community for being a shoulder and elbow specialist, Dr. Shapiro also has a large practice of patients with knee problems and injuries. Dr. Shapiro completed a medical degree at The State University of New York, Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. He completed a residency at Northwestern University. Dr. Shapiro joined Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle in 2001, after completing a fellowship in shoulder and elbow surgery. During Dr. Shapiro’s residency, he served on the medical staff of the Chicago Bulls, Cubs and Bears, and while he was completing his fellowship, he was a team doctor for the Mets. Today, he continues to treat many individuals with sports injuries. Outside of medicine, Dr. Shapiro likes to spend time with his two boys. He also enjoys hiking, biking and sailing.

• English

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Providence