Ratings for Dr. Thomas P. Gross

7 weeks post-op and my hip feels great. I am ready to schedule surgery on the other hip

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I had been living in pain for two years. I am now 7 weeks post op right hip resurfaced, walking over 2 miles each day and pain free. I cannot thank Dr. Gross, Lee Webb, Nancy and the rest of the Midlands Orthopaedics team enough for restoring my quality of life! I was not willing to undergo a total hip replacement and did extensive research on hip resurfacing. I was referred to Dr. Gross by a work colleague. So fortunate to have learned about Midlands Orthopaedics!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Our daughter is an Occupational and Physical Therapist and she had heard of hip resurfacing. Originally thought I had back problems until discovering Dr. Gross and Midland's. Sent him x-rays and preliminaries and drove the 7-8 hours for out-patient surgery. Nancy Smith, Lee Webb and entire staff took excellent care of me. Drove to Columbia on Monday, had doctor's visit on Tuesday, surgery on Wednesday, recuperated on Thursday and drove back home on Friday. Stayed in local hotel where I was visited by local home health nurse and Dr. Gross. Stayed off work part of a week, used crutches for about a week and then a cane for about a week. Walked a mile independently at 3 weeks and 2 miles at 6 weeks. Pain levels were always very low, and a high of 4, low of 0, most often averaging a 1-2. Just had the follow-up visit at 7 weeks and am doing extremely well. Still observing precautions but have very few restrictions or limitations. My wife is a nurse and is amazed at my recovery, as are others. Could not be happier with the outcome of this procedure and am so glad I did not have a total hip replacement. I am optimistic that things will only continue to improve . If you are a candidate for hip resurfacing, my advice to you is to schedule it as soon as possible. I believe that Dr.Gross and his staff are the absolute best at what they do.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr Gross was wonderful. Great job explaining operation. New man since operation.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

second hip resurfacing, best orthopedic surgeon for hip surgery / resurfacing

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Had right hip resurfacing surgery b y Dr Gross on 10/28/15 (I'm a repeat customer, since he did my left hip in 2006 - still performing great). The procedure went well and recovery is right on schedule. Dr Gross paid attention to the peculiarities of my joint and made some adjustments accordingly. So I felt he really focused on my individual case, something that can be rare in medicine. After two procedures (and the experience of 8 surgeries overall) , I can earnestly say Dr Gross is the best Dr I've every worked with.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Hip resurface ... Well done Well Done ... I travelled to have Dr GROSS to do my surgery ... could not be more happy. I did my homework ... recommend you spend understanding what the benefits of HIP resurface are

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. Gross is no doubt one of the best in his field. He resurfaced my right hip back in 2010 and it feels like a normal hip with no pain. I saw two other orthopedic surgeons that told me I was to old for resurfacing and that it was for younger patients. After reach I realized they had little or no experience doing hip resurfacing. I'm so thankful I found Dr. Gross. I live in Georgia and when he did my surgery there was other patients the same days I was there from 8 states. He is one of the best and a pioneer in this field. In my opinion his hard work is a blessing and I pray that god will bless his life.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

God Syndrome describes him. He told me that I shouldn't be on medication that 6 different specialist have put me on. No, he is not referring to pain medication. What I take is PRN and non-narcotic. He seemed to have a problem with what the cardiologist, endocrinologist, neurologist, and G.I. docs. have put me on. I waited 3 hours to see him -- 10:00 to 1PM. He then was aggravated because my hips were not severe enough for surgery. (I thought this was good news???) I knew I had some osteoarthritis from x-rays years ago, but the current pain and my knee issues (treated at the Dr's Care Knee Program) made me concerned about my hips. He refused to talk about my knees and lower back. He must only want to talk about hips??? He rudely told me everything was due to a Lupus Flare and the fact that I was fat. I weigh 165 and wear a size 10. I may be chunky, but most people don't call me grossly overweight. I have met some rude medical professionals. He ties one neurologist for being first in insensitivity and down right rudeness.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Dr. Gross changed my life. After multiple Ortho docs suggested hip replacement I was finally introduced to Hip Resurfacing. As a lifelong athlete and now a 15 year vet of Triathlon I didn't want to hear that I could no longer run. Hip Resurfacing offered the chance to continue life as an athlete. I had the surgery on December 9, 2013. After two or three weeks of moderate pain I began a walking program. I was at three miles by the end of eight weeks. After another few weeks I started in on the exercise bike. Every day. Eventually all the paid went away. Now, exactly six months out I have just started a running program. No pain. No weird feelings. Just weak from not running the last seven months. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Gross and his team. If you are considering Hip Resurfacing I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Thomas P. Gross's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21205 (Grad. 1985)