Ratings for Dr. Mark D. Epstein

After years of lovingly taking care of my beautiful husband, son, animals, and our home, I decided that it was time to start on a path to my own personal journey, and so I finally took the plunge and scheduled a consultation for body contouring with the HIGHLY recommended, Dr. Mark Epstein... I knew he’d be the only one I’d be comfortable doing this with, as many of my friends told me how Dr. Epstein is a true artist, and really connects and partners with you to achieve your goals. Dr. Epstein and his Staff are by far the most highly skilled, professional, caring, and warmest Medical Team whom I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. My family and I are so happy to have found such a rare treasure in Dr. Epstein and his wonderful practice, as fine client care such as theirs, is no longer the norm for many places... It's just such a breath of fresh air to be treated as an individual, and not a number... Dr. Epstein creates such a positive atmosphere in his office, and has sought out the perfect Staff Members who share in his vision, too... From our initial, warm handshake upon first meeting one another, to when he shared photos of his French Bulldog with me (we have one, too!) prior to going into his state-of-the-art operating suite for my procedure in order to keep my energy calm and relaxed, I felt like I struck gold in finding such a remarkable doctor in both skill and deep compassion... Together, we had decided to do VASER liposuction of my abdomen, flanks, and right outer thigh; and BodyTite of my abdomen, both of my inner and outer thighs, flanks, and Kybella to my banana rolls. We set the date for my surgery to be on March 28, 2018, and I am SO thrilled with the results!!!! I feel better and more comfortable in my own body than I ever have in my life... I was tiny to begin with, worked out at least 5 times a week, ate well, but even with doing all of that, being over 40 changed my body in ways that no matter what I did, would never come close to what I was looking for, and ultimately received through working with Dr. Epstein. I honestly just wanted to feel renewed, refreshed and like myself again, and that’s exactly what he gave to me. Dr. Epstein “etched” my torso with such an artist’s eye, that my natural breasts look wonderful because I’m now more in proportion. I had two drains placed securely on each side of my lower abdomen to extract the extra fluid accumulation, and I believe it was the best thing in order to end up with the most beautiful outcome which I have gotten. It’s completely not a big deal, and they were carefully and delicately removed within days after surgery - it was so gentle, but quick, that I could not believe it when they said that they were already out! Ha! All the while, during my first few days recovering, I just had to dress some tiny wounds, wear a compression garment, and go to physical therapy twice a week, but had no problem cooking, cleaning, taking nice walks, going out on dates with my husband, helping our son with homework and getting him to his many sports, doing lunch with friends, and, well, basically everything I do on a regular daily basis! Now, I just wear the garment at night and if I’m around the house cleaning, have resumed my full workout (yay!), and I also continue to go to Physical Therapy for lymphatic massage because it’s been essential in helping to eliminate swelling and see the amazing work that Dr. Epstein has done! My Physical Therapist says that I am healing so very, very fast and he can see the remarkable difference from the first appointment I had with him in the beginning! Again, Dr. Epstein, his Staff, my PT, and I, are all on a team together, which has made this whole experience the very best it can be and the outcome ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! This entire process has made me more confident in myself because I am successfully going though this journey, and it’s made me feel like I can do anything now! Much love and thanks to Dr. Epstein and his wonderful Staff, and I can’t wait for our next adventure together!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

My whole experience from start to finish with Dr. Epstein and staff was outstanding. I really could not be happier with my results. A little background on what procedure I had done. I got a breast augmentation done with Breast Enhancement with Silicone – Allergan 410 “Gummy Bear” Implants. The size I got were 255cc in each breast. The 24 hour recovery method Dr. Epstein does is absolutely amazing. Starting from my consultation, Dr. Epstein had great bedside manner and most importantly listen to what I wanted and answered any questions or concerns I had. He showed me 3D images of different implants I was interested in and different sizes. Dr. Epstein spoke truthfully and would measure the size of my original breast and tissue and tell me the maximum size he would do because it would be more beneficial for me. There would be less complications in regards of going “to big” he made sure the right size implant would be perfect for my body and size. On surgery day I came out of the OR and was able to lift my arms above my head! I got driven home and took ibuprofen for pain and took a nap. When I woke up I was feel just some soreness but was able to go for a walk and meet up with friends that same night! Each day gets better and better. I only took ibuprofen for pain for the first 3 days. I’m a registered nurse and I returned to work 5 days after surgery and was more than ready to be working. The results are still shocking and I would recommend him to everyone. I had a couple of friends get breast augmentation done and their experience and recovery do not even come close to being as comfortable as mine was.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

I have wanted breast augmentation since I was in my 20’s, but was so afraid of the pain and recovery. I had the 24 hour recovery surgery by Dr.Epstein and was amazed that I was able to lift my arms above my head in the recovery room. I am a hairstylist , had surgery Wednesday and was at back to work on Friday. No pain killers just some Ibuprofen. My breasts were asymmetrical and Dr. Epstein meticulously corrected it by using two different size implants. They are beautifully even now! The recovery recipe that was given to me was easy and worked perfectly. I went back to boxing 4 weeks after my surgery and I feel great. I wish I would have done it sooner. I highly recommend Dr. Epstein. I did a lot of research and he is truly the only doctor out there that does this 24 hour recovery surgery. His staff is wonderful and very helpful.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Best doctor I have ever visited. I had multiple procedures done (vaser lipo, fat tranfer, skin tightening)and my results are amazing, He is very caring and skilled! Glad I chose Dr Epstein above all the other surgeons I researched

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I had been thinking about getting an augmentation after breastfeeding my first child, that was 17 years ago! My breast become so deflated even after the first kid, and it had always bothered me. I lost all the volume on top, even wearing push up bras was difficult because there wasn’t much to push up. But there were so many concerns, about the risks, the pain, cost, how fake I’ll look and if people know, how they will think I am really vain, going under general anesthesia, and no support from the significant other. Four kids later, I still found myself doing constant research online on the procedure and looking at so many before and after pictures. One day I heard about the rapid recovery breast augmentation and researched more about it, then discovered there was a 24 hr recovery procedure, which was different from rapid recovery. It was just what I needed. I couldn’t afford to have much down time with four children at home. I was so happy I came across Dr. Epstein’s website. I read all the reviews and looked at all the before and after pictures. His pictures showed the most natural results than any other doctors website I have seen. I had my consultation with him and knew he was the doctor I need. He took his time, addressed all my concerns and was very compassionate. My only worry then was transportation because he was about a four hr drive for me. I finally scheduled my surgery and had the augmentation done in July 2017. The 24 hr recovery procedure was amazing and I had wish I had this done much sooner. I drove there the morning of surgery. When I woke up from surgery, I felt tightness but no pain what so ever, and I was able to raise my hands over my head. I did not feel drowsy or nauseated at all from the general anesthesia! No surgical bra was needed. I went to the hotel and rested a little, then went to the mall, and had a nice dinner that evening. I was just a little swollen but it didn’t look that much different from now (5 months after surgery). The swelling never got worse. I had my follow up appointment the next morning, then drove 4 hrs home and picked up my kids from their after school activities, prepared a light dinner, got them ready for bed, and life went about as usual. I had chosen the round “soft-touch” gummy bear implants, I told the doctor I wanted to look natural and he ended up going with 330 CCs, which is perfect for me. The implants are soft and natural to the touch. I am just so happy with my decision to go with this doctor! I am amazed by Dr. Epstein’s experience and technique and I am so thankful!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Dr Epstein is AMAZING as well as his staff. He was so patient, informative, and kind. All of my questions were answered. My surgery went wonderful and recovery was quick and almost completed painless! No down time which is great when you have a 7 month old � would definitely use again and highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I recently had a breast augmentation performed by Dr. Epstein and I am so happy with my experience! I had done a lot of research on and off over the years and decided that if I did this, it was going to be with Dr. Epstein, even though I would have to fly in from Texas! A large part of my decision was based on the fact that he offered a "24 hour recovery". I like the process he uses for determining the right size implant for each individual patient. He guides your decision based on your individual tissue dimensions and characteristics, etc. I feel like he really is looking out for the safety of his patients. A 24 hour recovery is the result of a highly skilled surgeon whose techniques cause minimal trauma to your tissues and who is also practical and realistic about the implant size he selects. So if you want a proportionate, natural result with the ability to return to your daily tasks almost immediately, then you should definitely consider Dr. Epstein. I have worn padded bras and gel inserts all of my life. My hope was that after the surgery I could throw all of that stuff away and most people in my life wouldn't notice that I had the procedure done. I was hoping to be a full B cup or maybe a small C. During the consultation it was clear that Dr. Epstein and I were on the same page. He felt that a range somewhere between 275-310 would work best. Using the 3D imaging I was able to get an idea of what that would look like on my body. It was nice to get an idea of what my final result would look like prior to surgery! As far as the 24 hour recovery, this was not an exaggeration or a gimmick! I had scheduled the surgery right before I was planning to travel to visit family. Though I would NOT recommend scheduling a surgery like this right before a busy weekend, much to my relief it all worked out! I was almost disappointed that I never had a chance to “milk it” for sympathy and pampering! On the day of surgery everything went great. I was able to raise my hands above my head with no problem immediately after waking up from surgery. I felt like my muscles were a little sore and my chest felt a little tight and heavy – it felt a lot like when your milk comes in for those of you who have nursed children. My husband was not able to travel with me, so one of Dr. Epstein’s nurses, Samantha, drove me back to the hotel and stayed with me. She was wonderful. Per the doctor’s instructions, I had a snack and something to drink when we returned to the room and then I took a nap. Samantha woke me after an hour. I was able to change my clothes and freshen up without any assistance. We had fun going out for dinner and then afterwards stopped at Starbucks for a little tea and something sweet. It was kind of crazy. No one would have ever guessed that I had just had surgery a few hours before! The next morning I was able to shower, blow dry my hair, get dressed, pack my bag and roll my suitcase behind me again without any trouble or assistance. I was not given a prescription for pain medicine and I never felt that I needed it. The discomfort I felt was not bad at all, I just took a little ibuprofen. I went to my post-op visit that morning and everything looked great. But I told Dr. Epstein that I had felt some cramping behind my right knee that morning. He said his concern level was low, but because of the timing and because I was about to board a plane he scheduled a sonogram for me to make sure that it was not a blood clot. He called an imaging center in the same medical complex and was able to get me in right away for a sonogram. I really appreciated that he was able to get me in for that! Thankfully everything was normal. I was pretty much go, go, go after that. I flew home and arrived at around 7:00pm. I was exhausted but not in pain. I was able to heat up dinner, re-pack my bag and help my kids pack their bag for our family trip. The very next morning we boarded another plane to visit family out of state. Once we arrived we met our extended family for dinner. If you have ever met 15 people for dinner you know that it is not a short process! Again, I was tired but I felt good! My family would have never believed that I had surgery just 48 hours before! I could hardly believe it myself. I was able to enjoy a weekend of fun with family with no one suspecting a thing. I had some water retention and my ribs felt a little bruised, but overall I felt great! I don’t have a sedentary job – I work in early childhood education but I returned one week after surgery with no problem. I just felt like I tired easily and was ready for a nap when I got home. But I was able to reach for things on high shelves, play my guitar and sing, etc. with no problem or pain. I am almost 2 weeks post op now. With this type of surgery it takes several months to see your final result, but based on what I look like now I am thrilled. It's just what I hoped for, and I experienced almost no downtime. I highly recommend Dr. Epstein!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

I had VASER lipo done by Dr. Epstein in March of 2017. I could not be happier with Dr. Epstein and the results from my surgery. Not only is he incredible at what he does, but he is very kind and caring. He was the first person I heard from right after my surgery in addition to phone calls from various nurses in his practice, who are equally as wonderful as he is. They were always available to answer any question I had throughout the whole process. His entire staff is very warm and caring. The surgery and recovery itself was a bit more than I had prepared myself for. I was very sore for the first couple of weeks, but nothing that ibuprofen couldn't handle. While I was sore and slow to move, I was able to take care of myself and my 2 and 5 year old just a few short days after surgery. I can honestly say that Dr. Epstein has pretty much changed my life. I was very self conscious and generally unhappy with the appearance of the lower half of my body, but 4 months post surgery, and my confidence is sky high and I feel amazing. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I recently underwent breast augmentation surgery with Dr. Epstien and I was truly blown away by how quick, easy and painless the surgery and recovery was. I didn't miss a beat, I was back to carrying around my toddler the very next day. I am so happy with the results, I only wish that I had gone to see Dr. Epstein earlier.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I was 155 lbs 5'2" with very large breast. I had surgery done in January and at 7 weeks Post-op I can say that I'm very happy with my results so far. My experience was great. I did not experience pain, it was more of discomfort from the swelling in the lower abdomen. Dr. Epstein uses Exparel which is a numbing medication used during surgery and last about 3 to 4 days. The first week is the hardest and is helpful to have someone to help around and push you to drink as much water as possible. I showered on the second day and it was not painful or exhausting like some reviews I've read. On day 5 I started Lymphatic massages which helped a lot with the swelling. I was very swollen specially in my lower abdomen. I had the massage therapist come to my home for the first massage but the following week I bought a post-op package at the @gorgeous_spa. I went every day after day 7 post op. It really made a difference and made recovery much faster. Bri and her massage therapists really made a difference during recovery specially those days when I felt like a balloon. They got me into a really good compression garment (made in Colombia) and every 2 days they would get me down in the garment hooks. I went from an 2XL to a M in 3 weeks. Now I'm wearing a Medium garment with lipo foam and a belly board. I'm ready to move to the small but it doesn't fit me from the hips. I will be taking my Medium garment to a tailor to be taken in so it compresses as a small around my stomach. My waist went from 40" to 31". I was able to drive by day 8 and went back to work on day 19 post op. I was ready to go back to work after 14 days but I had a drain and did not want to go back to work with the drain on. I'm so happy with my new body. I know is too early and this is not my final result yet but I see such a big difference. My breast looks very natural. I went from a full D almost a DD which I refused to buy to a C. I feel so much lighter and I feel my posture has improved. It makes such a big difference specially all my button down shirts fit nicely. My stomach is flat with nice definition and my hips are a nice shape and so is my back. I'm very curvy now. Before surgery I was very concern about the scars but now that I have the scars is not bad. I rather have these scars than the excess skin and fat I had before. My breast scars are already fading. My belly button has no visible scar at all. It looks like I was born with it. The tummy tuck scar is well below my bikini line. Dr. Epstein asks to bring the smallest bikini/underwear to use as a guide. I'm using Mederma and the silicone strips (scar away). I highly recommend Dr. Epstein. He pays so much attention to detail and wants to give the best results to his patients.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

Dr. Mark D. Epstein's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1984)

MSP/BC Med