Ratings for Dr. Mark D. Epstein

I was 155 lbs 5'2" with very large breast. I had surgery done in January and at 7 weeks Post-op I can say that I'm very happy with my results so far. My experience was great. I did not experience pain, it was more of discomfort from the swelling in the lower abdomen. Dr. Epstein uses Exparel which is a numbing medication used during surgery and last about 3 to 4 days. The first week is the hardest and is helpful to have someone to help around and push you to drink as much water as possible. I showered on the second day and it was not painful or exhausting like some reviews I've read. On day 5 I started Lymphatic massages which helped a lot with the swelling. I was very swollen specially in my lower abdomen. I had the massage therapist come to my home for the first massage but the following week I bought a post-op package at the @gorgeous_spa. I went every day after day 7 post op. It really made a difference and made recovery much faster. Bri and her massage therapists really made a difference during recovery specially those days when I felt like a balloon. They got me into a really good compression garment (made in Colombia) and every 2 days they would get me down in the garment hooks. I went from an 2XL to a M in 3 weeks. Now I'm wearing a Medium garment with lipo foam and a belly board. I'm ready to move to the small but it doesn't fit me from the hips. I will be taking my Medium garment to a tailor to be taken in so it compresses as a small around my stomach. My waist went from 40" to 31". I was able to drive by day 8 and went back to work on day 19 post op. I was ready to go back to work after 14 days but I had a drain and did not want to go back to work with the drain on. I'm so happy with my new body. I know is too early and this is not my final result yet but I see such a big difference. My breast looks very natural. I went from a full D almost a DD which I refused to buy to a C. I feel so much lighter and I feel my posture has improved. It makes such a big difference specially all my button down shirts fit nicely. My stomach is flat with nice definition and my hips are a nice shape and so is my back. I'm very curvy now. Before surgery I was very concern about the scars but now that I have the scars is not bad. I rather have these scars than the excess skin and fat I had before. My breast scars are already fading. My belly button has no visible scar at all. It looks like I was born with it. The tummy tuck scar is well below my bikini line. Dr. Epstein asks to bring the smallest bikini/underwear to use as a guide. I'm using Mederma and the silicone strips (scar away). I highly recommend Dr. Epstein. He pays so much attention to detail and wants to give the best results to his patients.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

I came from Delaware to have breast augmentation surgery done with Dr. Epstein. I searched all over the east coast to find the best doctor. After meeting with him and learning of the quick recovery time and the amazing work that he does I was shocked that it took me so long to find him. He honestly should be famous. I am so pleased with the results. I traveled back to Delaware the day after my surgery and had phone interview the following day. He is amazing and I can't wait to visit him again.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

As a small chested women, I was always intrigued about the idea of getting breast implants. I hadn't known anyone personally that received the same procedure from Dr. Epstein, but in seeing his reviews I decided to make a consult with him. After consulting with two other doctors before him, I noticed a big difference. First of all, Dr. Epstein was the first doctor to deter me away from the very large implants that the previous two doctors gave me no fuss about. This left a lasting impression on me; that he was looking out for my best interest and to create the most beautiful breast possible while mitigating any negative consequences of going too large. Second, Dr. Epstein's One-Day Recovery technique was the perfect fit for me as I am a very active person and didn't want to lose any ROM. I went with 295 CC round silicone implants and the results were absolutely phenomenal. I was previously considering up to 425 CC and after I underwent surgery, I could not imagine going any bigger than I had. The morning following surgery I took nothing stronger than Tylenol which was truly astounding. The procedure was so minimally invasive that I was up and moveing about (albeit very slowly) after a quick nap post surgery. By the very next morning I had returned to work without a problem. I work a desk job so there isn't any lifting involved, but I was definitely moveing at a slowed pace for the first few days but eventually that subsided and I was back to normal. Within some weeks I was able to start exercising again, light cardio progressed into lower body weight training and eventually I was able to strength train my upper body within a few months. The process was seamless from start to finish and the entire staff was so helpful and made me feel so comfortable on the day of the surgery. Dr. Epstein took such care, consideration and is truely an artist and perfectionist, and that is what I love most about him. The results were completely symmetrical, the scars healed smoothly and are nearly invisible and I have complete ROM in my arms and am not limited in any activity. Overall, I could not have asked for a better experience and would do it all again if given the chance. I highly recommended him for anyone looking for surgeon who seeks perfection in each of his clients and wants a procedure with a truely 24 hour recovery time. Dr. Epstein is a true perfectionist and cares more about achieving the most beautiful breast possible over the largest breast possible. He is very considerate but he also looks out for the patient's best interest in achieving the best breast while reducing the risks as much as possible. Ultimately it was my decision, but I am greatful for a doctor that is looking out for his patient's best interests. I am more than happy with the size I went with and couldn't have imagined going any bigger than I did. Dr. Epstein is a genuine man and I reccomend him to anyone looking for a seemless, 24 hour recovery breast augmentation.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

The result of the breast augmentation is above my expectation. I am highly satisfied with over all experience. All my concerns and fears from the surgery, or of the recovery or how I would feel with new breast … Dr. Epstein listened and addressed with professional and honest approach. I was confident that my choice of Dr. Epstein and his office was the “one” right from the beginning. The 24 hour recovery was completely true. I was able to get back to my normal day activities the following morning. It was little bit more expensive than I thought It would be; but as we say “you get what you pay for” and I paid for the best. I would and do highly recommend Dr. Epstein and his staff for breast augmentation.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I was interested in breast implants, my entire life. Than as I got older, and had 2 kids, it became more important to me than ever. When I began researching Dr.'s, I initially looked at the big shots that I heard on the radio, or saw on TV shows. I had consultations set up for all of them, and than I came across Dr. Epsteins name on a review board I was reading and added him to the list. He was the first Dr. I had my appointment with, and the last Dr.! When I walked into his office, I was very nervous. It had been a problem I was struggling with my entire life, and I was so scared to have someone else tell me my flaws. But once I met his staff, and his nurse Jennifer, I was immediately at ease. I didn't feel like I was "deformed " or " ugly". I felt like they generally wanted to help me gain my confidence back. It was a hard appointment to go through emotionally, but Dr. Epstein and his staff, really listened to my concerns, and what I was looking for. He didn't rush me, and he showed me with his 3D imaging photos, what I had the ability to look like. I knew right away, I found the Dr. for me! I cancelled all my other consultations, and started my journey with Dr. Epstein. My whole life I always had droopy breasts, but than as I got older, had 2 kids, and lost about 50 lbs, it had become even worse. We decided the best procedure would be a breast lift with implant and also a mesh for additional support. My number 1 concern, was that I didn't want people to notice I had "Fake Breasts". It wasn't something we were sharing with anyone, and I didn't want to be the mom at my kids school, that people looked at and saw only my chest. I was looking for natural looking breasts, not huge attention seekers! I was so pleased with my results and my recovery. The day of surgery, I walked out with out bandages, or heavy bleeding. My pain was very minimal, especially given I had more than 1 procedure. I was up and moving around with in hours of being home. I am a mom with 2 young boys, so my recovery time was definitely a concern of mine from the start. But with in 2 days after my surgery, I was back doing my every day things. The only thing I was restricted from was lifting heavy things for about 2 weeks. I was able to shower and lift my arms that night. My incisions were minimal, and healed so well. Im about 4 months out from surgery, and my results still amaze me. My breasts are so natural looking, they feel like my own, and no one ever could tell that I had plastic surgery. I would recommend Dr. Epstein and his staff to anyone looking for natural breasts. His 3D imaging was spot on to my results, and really helped my prepare and envision what I would really look like. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner!!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

My experience with dr Epstein and his staff was one I will never forget. They provided an EXCELLENT service and were caring and attentive throughout the whole process. The second I left my consultation I knew I was going to use dr Epstein for my surgery. The week leading up to the surgery both the nurse and the anesthesiologist had called me and eased any nervousness I had and made me feel ready, comfortable in their hands, and excited for my surgery. The surgery went very well. My nurse and anesthesiologist were there with me calming me and making it painless for me. That night and the next day after my surgery both dr Epstein and the nurse called me to make sure I was doing okay. The level of care the provided is just one of the ways they put themselves over the top. Dr epsteins "one day recovery" is no joke. The next day I was feeling sore and tight. Although I wasn't able to do everything I would normally do in a day, I was able to walk around and do minimal things like open the fridge and pick up light objects. Two days later I felt so much better that I was able to wash my car inside and out. Everyday the tightness wore off more and more and I was able to return back to normal activity (everything) in a week. I returned back to work 4 days later. After 7 months post op I could not feel better and be happier with my results. Dr Epstein has truly mastered what he does. Him and his staff are truly amazing !!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I am very happy with my procedure. I have a new found confidence in my appearance. Dr. Epstein was caring and most of all he listened to all my concerns and apprehensions. I was confident when I went into the procedure that I was in good hands. The staff at Dr. Epstein's office is always available to answer your questions, even giving you their cell phone numbers. I would highly recommend Dr. Epstein.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Didn't look beyond Dr. Epstein!!! Dr. Epstein was my one and only consult for Breast Reduction and Lift. You might think I'm crazy for not getting other opinions but trust me you don't need to. Just go straight to Dr. Epstein. I called to schedule a consultation and was able to get one within 2 weeks. Called another had to wait 4 months. When I scheduled my consultation i was transferred ro Maryellen and she explained the fees in detail so I would not be surprised. Very grateful for that. The staff is amazing, kind, knowledgeable, caring and so organized. They made me feel comfortable from day one. Consult May 2, 2016 Insurance approval by May 12, 2016 and surgery on June 13, 2016. I love love love my results!!! No more back or neck pain and also my headaches have subsided. Dr. Epstein explained the procedure to my husband and I at the consultation in detail. Answered all of our questions. He didn't rush us at all. Jennifer his assistant made me so relaxed and put me at ease. Day of surgery went smooth. I woke up from surgery and guess what... No pain at all!!!! I didn't have to take any pain killers, tylenol or ibuprofen. Absolutely nothing. Just follow his instructions and had no problem. He called me at home to check up on me. What Doctor does that?? I was back at work a week later and have had no problems. Have been going to my follow up appointments and everything is going great. Look no further. Dr. Epstein is an amazing, talented, knowledgeable and caring surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

I am a mother of two children and nursed both of them. As a result, I was left with extremely deflated breasts. After a great deal of thought, I decided to get gummy bear implants and couldn't be happier with the results. My breasts look full again and my confidence has improved tremendously! The recovery was much faster than I had expected and I was able to resume all routine activities within 24 hours. Dr. Epstein was exceptional throughout the entire process. From taking the time to discuss the surgery to following up to see how I was doing, I was extremely satisfied. The nursing staff was beyond wonderful as they answered questions, listened to concerns, and went above and beyond to provide support! The anesthesiologist was very thorough in obtaining information about me and eased my anxiety as he answered questions and concerns. The entire staff was extremely kind and compassionate and truly had my best interest in mind at all times. I couldn't be happier with my decision and my results!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

From the moment I called Dr. Epstein's office to begin to inquire about Breast Augmentation I was made to feel very comfortable and was given detailed information about the procedure, recovery, follow up and payment. Dr. Epstein listened to what I was looking for and made me look exactly how I wanted. I recovered fully in a couple of hours. I had a big lunch and took a mandatory nap on the afternoon of my procedure and felt great. I didn't take any pain medication and was back to work and my fitness routine the next day. If you are considering a breast augmentation do not hesitate to contact Dr. Epstein.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Dr. Mark D. Epstein's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Stony Brook, NY