Ratings for Dr. Mark D. Epstein

Dr. Epstein and his staff are truly wonderful. He is an extemely knowledgable surgeon and cares about finding a natural proportionate implant that best complements your body. Dr. Epstein and the anethesiologist were extremely kind and calming to talk to; they eased any of my worries and answered all of my questions! I even received a phone call from Dr. Epstein the night of surgery asking how I was doing and how my ride home was. Not a lot of doctors would do such a thing; especially sending flowers the day after surgery. Thanks Doctor Epstein!! :) The 24-hour recovery (which was definitely one of the reasons I selected Dr. Epstein) was fantastic and definitely lives up to the expectations. He gives you a booklet that explains what to expect and highlights all the directions for pre-op and post-op care. My cousin had a breast augmentation few years ago by a different surgeon and she came to visit me 3 days post-op; she couldnt believe how great I was doing and that I could walk around and do things without much pain. Her experience was definitely different and alot more painful. I would definitely recommend Dr. Epstein to anyone who is considering getting a breast augmentation done!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

I am so happy, I have now words to describe it. I am not sure why I waited so long to have my breast augmentation done, I suppose I had a fear of the unknown. To my surprise, this procedure was everything Dr. Epstein claimed it to be. I experienced minimal pain (if any), an incredible fast recovery - One Day Recovery, which I followed the plan exactly as subscribed and I feel and look like I always imagined. My surgery was at 11 am, I was home by 2:30 pm that afternoon and laying face down with my hands over head by 8 pm. I honestly thought it was a "trick" of sorts, but by sticking to the plan, I was amazed at my movements and absence of pain. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Epstein or his staff for their "bed side" manor and professionalism in the office staff. I made several calls the office after, very similar to first time mother call, and was put at ease with every question and concern immediately. If you are on the fence from fear or any other reason to commit to the augmentation, I highly recommend Dr. Epstein with every certainly I have.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

In March 2016 I went to Dr Epstein for a breast lift and augmentation. I have always been very petite and small chested. After having a baby, I became very saggy. I was very unhappy and self conscious about how I looked, especially in bathing suits and dresses. I finally decided I would get a consultation and see what Dr Epstein would say. I didn't want to look fake or ridiculous. Dr Epstein was very reassuring, caring and I felt I could trust him. So I decided he was the right doctor to do go with. The surgery was amazing. The 24 hour recovery is really true. The next day I was out shopping and I wasn't in pain at all. I love the way they look and I have fantastic results. It's now 1 month after surgery and they look great! The scaring looks great and I feel it will go away with time. They are a little sensitive but they do not hurt. Just sensitive to touch. I think that's a good sign of healing though. But I am extremely happy with my breasts and the whole experience. Dr Epstein and his staff are amazing.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

After researching for years I decided to go with Dr. Epstein due in large to the 24 hour recovery. We had a consult with a 3D rendering of what the breast would look like after. I love this because you can make a confident decision. I work full time and have two toddlers and don't have time to be out of commission. I figured 24 hours was not accurate but I was hoping it wasn't much more than 24 hours. Honestly it was 24 hours. Recovery in 24 hours. I was back to work in 48 hours. I took no time off for work had the surgery on my first pas day and recovered more on my second, back to work in day 3. I also couldn't believe they were only giving me ibuprofen. No way you can have surgery and not get anything stronger. Well ibuprofen dos the job! Which is wonderful since I don't actually like taking anything stronger. As for my results I am more than pleased. After some swelling went down I couldn't believe how amazing the implants look. The round silicon implants look natural and fit my body while improving my overall confidence and making me feel like an attractive woman. I really have no complaints. I would recommend Dr. Epstein to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Don’t just think about it – do it! If you have any doubts go see Dr. Epstein. I’m from Massachusetts and travelled to consult with a few doctors in other states since Massachusetts does not have any doctors who do VASER 4D lipo. As soon as I met him, I knew that Dr. Epstein was the doctor for me. He is so patient and is genuinely excited about his work. He doesn’t just remove fat; he contours your body like a piece of art! I can’t say I’ve ever had a doctor call me after a consultation and even give me his e-mail address (which he replied to each one personally) and cell phone number to contact him with any questions or concerns. Even more importantly, he is honest and explained my options and what he realistically could do for me. His staff is so helpful and friendly reflecting Dr. Epstein’s spirit. The actual procedures were done under general anesthesia since I had so much done at one time. I woke up with a room full of people making sure I was comfortable and was not rushed even though I was the last patient of the day. Even some of the office staff stayed until I was ready to go home after surgery! Recovery was not fun but with the help of my husband the discomfort was manageable. Follow all of the pre and post-surgery instructions. The package you are given really prepares you for what to expect including your very first phone call from Dr. Epstein himself the day after surgery. Believe me any discomfort is a distant memory and so worth the results. I had my surgery (VASER 4D lipo of the abdomen, flanks, inner thighs and back/bra roll, and fat transfer to the buttocks and hips) in August 2015 and was back to work in 2 weeks – I was even able to take public transportation without any problems. At 45 years old I never would have imagined I would have a defined abdomen or such smooth curves!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

As a 53 yr. old woman having had large breasts, I can remember growing up with embarrassment, constant pain in my neck, and painful indentations on the top of my shoulders. The rashes under my breasts were unbearable. I finally decided to get a breast reduction with free nipple grafts to improve my life. I truly didn’t expect the amazing results from the talented hands of Dr. Epstein. With his extensive experience along with a kind, comfortable rapport in explaining the procedure in detail, I knew I had chosen the best surgeon. I went from a DDD to a small B cup with very little pain. I could lift my arms within a few days and the healing process had no complications or issues. I sometimes forget I had free nipple grafts done at all, because of how natural they look. As of now, I am 16 weeks post op. My neck is pain free, rashes are gone, I can exercise and run, and the best part is how great my clothes look on my new body. If you are looking for an exceptional surgeon, look no further. I highly recommend Dr. Epstein to all the ladies considering a breast reduction. My only regret is that I didn’t have this done years ago!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

I've recently undergone a labiaplasty and I am glad to say it was well worth it. Dr. Mark Epstein was my surgeon and did an amazing job leading to me having no excess skin left over. Along with that there is no sign that a surgery was ever done; there is no scaring or suture line. The recovery process was quick and painless due to constant icing: 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off throughout the day. My mom has also received this surgery a few months ago and was also very pleased with the outcome. Overall the nursing staff was very comforting before, during, and after the surgery. I recommend anyone who has the same problem my mom and I did to schedule a visit to Dr. Epstein's office because the result is spectacular!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

After having my two kids and breastfeeding them both, my breasts became completely deflated. I tried exercising and eating healthier but nothing helped. On a whim, I decided to do a google search to see if there were any new surgical options available. As a full time doctor working in a busy practice and mommy of two young kids, one of the most important features I was looking for besides the safety of the procedure was the recovery. I do not have time to take off many days from work and there is no 'downtime' when it comes to taking care of the kids. It was by chance/luck I came across Dr. Epstein's website and I was excited to read about his ONE-day recovery from breast augmentation and immediately made an appointment for my initial consultation. That first visit was very informative and Dr. Epstein was able to answer all my questions before I could even ask them and before I knew it I booked a day for my surgery! His office staff from the front desk to his office manager and nurses to the anesthesiologist are all great. They are warm and inviting and genuinely care about your well-being. My surgery went smoothly. (Dr Epstein helped me to choose the implant that would be the most natural looking for my body- the gummy bear silicone implants and with his 3D imaging technology, I was able to visualize the ideal size implant for my body frame.) After surgery I did not feel nauseous and I felt minimal pain. Following his guidelines for a 24hr recovery within 2hrs of the surgery, I was able to lift my arm above my head. I was amazed! The next day , after following up with him at the office, I was able to drive myself home and do pretty much everything I needed to do- grocery shopped, picked up the kids, cooking, etc. I could not believe that I had surgery just the day before! And at that point there was still minimal pain well controller with a few doses of motrin. Now 1 month out, I am still healing well. The scar is small and right in the crease underneath the breasts. I will follow his guidelines for scar care and hopefully that will resolve as well. All in all, I am thrilled with the implants and so thankful to have found Dr. Epstein. If you are looking for a highly skilled plastic surgeon and a true ONE-day recovery for breast augmentation then please look no further. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Epstein!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

After I graduated high school I was at my heaviest weight, just over 200lbs. I decided to change my eating habits and get on a workout regimen to lose weight. In total I dropped about 35lbs and was finally gaining self confidence. Although I lost the weight and was more comfortable with myself I noticed that I still had a sizable pocket of fat in the mons area and it looked also as I would describe it, to be "droopy". I first started looking for plastic surgeons around my area in the beginning of 2015 to help me with this problem. I was recommended to Dr. Epstein by my sister who had a procedure done by him a year before, and she couldn't tell me enough how happy she was. In June of 2015 I had my first of two surgeries, this was the Vaser Liposuction where he removed fat from the area. I was able to do this under local anesthesia, so not only was it very inexpensive, but it was a quick and easy procedure. This surgery gave me a flatter less "fatty" look to the mons area. My second surgery was January of 2016, this was the monsplasty where a section of skin was removed to lift the area to give it a more youthful look. Like the first surgery I was able to do this under local anesthesia so it was not expensive at all and the total surgery was only about 30 minutes. Dr. Epstein is truly an amazing doctor and without him I could not have had such beautiful results. I have never felt more confident and cannot wait to finally be able to comfortably wear such things as yoga pants and bathing suits in public. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Epstein to family and friends because of how professional and caring him and his whole staff are!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Let me start by saying GO FOR IT! You won't regret it! I always had a large chest and slender body frame....but no one could see my body because it was hidden beneath my Dolly Parton size chest....at my largest I was a tremendous FF/G. Then as I got older and had 3 children, my breast fluctuated in size so much that I was left with a deflated DDD with nipples the size of my palm. My breasts were hanging so low they would reach my bellybutton and fall out of my bra every time I moved, causing me to constantly stuff them back in nearly every10 minutes. My breasts were more than embarrassing, they were disabling. So I decided to talk with Dr. Epstein and I'm overjoyed that I did! He was not only kind, courteous, professional and made me completely comfortable, he did the most AMAZING job. Now I have the most beautiful natural looking D....they are so perfect they look like implants! While my breast were a little tender the first few days, the pain was minimal and I had full nipple sensation. I was able to shower with the medical tape and could move around freely the same day of the procedure. Within a month, my incisions lines were flattening out, and by my second month the redness of the scars were almost unnoticeable. My only regret was that I waited until I was 42 to have the chest I always dreamed of. I can exercise easier now, I can wear strapless dresses, any style bathing suit and tank tops! I can even wear no bra at all! And most of all my insecurities when naked are gone!! I feel and look 20 again and it's all thanks to Dr. Epstein and his amazing staff!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Mark D. Epstein's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Stony Brook, NY