Ratings for Dr. Mark D. Epstein

Dr. Epstein and staff are wonderful people and very professional. The Motiva Study is what I choose, in which, I am pleased with the results and how the implants feel and make me feel. My clothes look awesome with my new breasts!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2019

I LOVE Dr. Epstein. I went to him for a breast augmentation and tummy tuck. Amazing results with fast recovery and little pain. He and his staff were professional, caring and knowledgeable. I have recommended him to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2019

First and foremost, I hope you find this review helpful, informative, and worth the read!! I know how important it is for me to research doctors and procedures and to hear of others’ experiences, both the good and the bad, and if you’re here reading, you feel the same way! In August of 2018 I had Body-Tite on my inner thighs, outer thighs, back of legs, and buttocks, coupled with PAL Liposuction (which was on my outer thighs only) performed by Dr. Epstein. Dr. Epstein: I honestly cannot say enough nice things about Dr. Epstein. He is kind, empathetic, incredibly smart, patient, listens, and has the best bedside manner of any physician I have ever been to. When I met him at the consultation, he was very open and candid about the procedure, took the time to listen to all of my questions and my concerns, and we chatted on a personal level as well, which helped my comfort level. He explained thoroughly what the procedure would entail, what the recovery would look like, how long the healing process would take, and when I would notice results (no, results aren’t immediate, just be a little patient!) After meeting Dr. Epstein in person I knew this was going to be my surgeon, it was a feeling of comfort and I trusted his work (of course, looked at as many before and afters as I could and read countless reviews!!). Dr. Epstein does not leave out any detail – after surgery, he called me personally to make sure I was okay and assured me he is always a text or phone call away! Office Staff: aside from Dr. Epstein, his entire office staff is professional, pleasant, friendly, accommodating, and they really seem to love working there! His nurses were so great in the OR when prepping me for surgery, making me laugh, and taking my mind off the nerves. There was a nurse right by me when I woke up from anesthesia making sure I was okay as well. The office even sent a bouquet of gorgeous flowers to my home when I was recovering! What a nice touch!! The Procedure and recovery: so Dr Epstein had decided it was best for me to go under general anesthesia, as opposed to local, which he does on some body-tite cases. I dislike the effects of anesthesia after surgery (groggy feeling, ‘digesting’ the chemicals, all of that), but for me it was worth it. When I woke up after surgery, I was sore and I felt tender on my legs and buttocks, but still had pain meds running in me so it wasn’t bad. The first night was a little rough – I was oozing everywhere!!! Fluids and some blood oozed out of a few incisions, which I was warned about. Night 1 sleeping was rough – I opted to sleep on the couch to contain my movements. Day 2 some more oozing, not awful and just laid around, still taking pain meds. The pain wasn’t so terrible, but it felt like cramping and tender to the touch. I felt better and better with each day that passed and by day 5 – 6 i was doing great, went shopping, felt fine.. I was swollen still and there was no result so early in recovery, but I felt good. I bought these very tight spanx – 2 kinds, one kind that went down the whole leg and those felt really great to wear. I also had a couple of lymphatic massages, highly recommend!!!!!! They move the lymph and speed up healing. From there, it only got better and better! The Results: I started off with saddlebags on my thighs and looser skin on my inner and outer thighs and no matter how diligent I was at the gym, wouldn’t go away … And I was a diligent gym goer!! The areas just were resistant to exercise and diet I suppose. My thighs just to me, did not match the rest of me! And I was always very self-conscious to wear things that were too tight on the hips and thighs, like dresses, cuz it just looked a bit lumpy. I started to see small results probably in October. The saddlebags were clearly gone, but the skin was not experiencing the shrink-wrapped look yet. Dr Epstein told me it would take 9 months to a year before the results show, so I was happy with any result 2 months post-op. Now fast forward 8 months post-op and I cannot even imagine the result getting better (but it will). My thighs are SMOOTH on the outside and the inside – I put a bikini on with more confidence and wear pants and dresses now that I used to never feel right in. I love how my legs look and the procedure was one thousand percent worth it. WORD OF ADVICE: before coolsculpting or spending money on any other non-invasive procedure, look into Body-Tite and look into Dr. Epstein if you aren’t sure if you need lipo, or coolsculpt, or a combination of lipo with body-tite! He will guide you and steer you in the right direction and he will be open and honest about what he anticipates for results and how he anticipates you will heal. Did you make it this far?! Apologies for the long-winded review, but experiences need to be put out there so that we can all make educated decisions when choosing a surgeon or a particular procedure.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2019

I didn't believe in the "24-hour recovery" because so many other people I knew who had gone to other surgeons for breast augmentation said NO WAY. Well, they were wrong! I had my surgery on a Tuesday and went back to work on Thursday with only minimal discomfort. Dr. Epstein was extremely honest when it came to properly sizing the implant for my body frame, he would not go bigger than my body allowed. In the end I went from a small A to about a C and couldn't be happier with the result. I went with the "gummy bear" implant and my breasts look and feel so natural and have given me the confidence I've always wanted. I absolutely love them and loved my experience with Dr. Epstein.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019

As a physician working in a large NYC hospital and I came to Dr. Epstein for my breast augmentation procedure because I knew he was the very best. My goals for my breast augmentation surgery were to have larger, natural appearing, round, teardrop shaped breasts. However, due to the demands of my job as a physician, I was unable to tolerate any procedure that would require extended down time. My best friend had her breast augmentation by Dr. Epstein a year prior and loved her results so naturally I considered his expertise. After researching Dr. Epstein’s website and looking up his credentials and reviews, I knew that he would be able to help me achieve my augmentation goals. From my first visit to his office, Dr. Epstein and his staff were kind, warm, knowledgeable and professional. Together, they supported me and walked me through the process of choosing an implant and size that complimented my body. I ultimately decided to join the Motiva Implant study because of implants felt like my own breast tissue and were capable of maintaining the tear drop shape I had desired. On the day of surgery, Dr. Epstein and staff made me feel comfortable from my time in pre-op and while in the OR. Once out of the OR, my pain was well controlled, I was monitored closely. While in the recovery room, I was able to lift my arms over my head without any pain or discomfort. Just as Dr. Epstein advertises a one day recovery, on the first day after my surgery (POD#1), I was able to join my family Christmas shopping at Target without issue. Today, I have approached my 1-month post-op day and I couldn’t be happier with the results of my breast augmentation. My swelling has resolved, my breasts are rounder, larger, soft, with minimal scarring and I am even unable to palpate my own Motiva implants. If you are looking for a natural appearing breast enhancement with a 24-hour recovery and minimal scarring, consider scheduling a consultation with Dr. Epstein. He really does excellent work! -GIRLMDNYC

flag | Submitted December 26, 2018

When looking for the right plastic surgeon... experience, skills, handy work and of course how the 'final product' post surgery, me and my husband spend days researching. Final consensus - Dr. Epstein is the full package of everything we were looking for. I first found Dr. Epstein from reading all of his reviews online, delving into the case studies, before/after photos on his website, and decided to schedule a consult with him. Dr. Epstein and his staff are wonderful, they were extremely helpful and professional from the beginning. I am a nurse and would recommend Dr. Epstein and his staff to anyone, he is a man of his word and I trust him. He has a lot of experience and knows what would work well for each individual. Dr. Epstein actually took the time to understand what I wanted for my breast augmentation and valued what my opinion was. Personally I did not want large breasts, I was aiming for a small C cup (my original size is an A cup) and of course I was worried that I would end up with a size that was too large. That was NOT the case with Dr. Epstein. I had my breast augmentation about 3 weeks after my consultation and the cup size is PERFECT! Leading up to, and the day of surgery the staff made sure that I understood everything and ensured that I was involved in the care. The 24 hr recovery is 100% true with Dr. Epstein. The day of surgery went extremely well, I woke up feeling a little soar but good to go. I ended up going to Panera Bread and went home to take a 3 hour nap. After my husband and I went shopping at the outlets and after dinner -- might I add again this was the SAME DAY of my surgery. A few days later I was back to work as a nurse, which is a busy and physical job without any pain. The incision size is extremely small and clean. Dr. Epstein even called my house that night after my surgery to check how I was feeling! That is a fantastic physician. A few days later there were flowers delivered by Dr. Epstein and his staff to my home! They really are such a great crew. Very impressed. Up to date- I am a few months out of surgery and I love the size and shape of my breasts. My scars are barely visible (super small and fading away fast) and the breasts are settling in nicely. I went with the motiva clinical trial because the shape, size, durability and feel of these implants are top of the line and like no other implant that I have seen! They fit perfectly to my body and they look extremely natural. I can't even feel the motvia implants because they are so soft and feel like natural breast tissue. They are amazing and when standing the motiva implants take the beautiful tear drop formation but when laying flat the implant takes on the shape that a natural breast would when laying flat. These implants look as though they belong on my body.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Dr Epstein is hands down the best plastic surgeon. My results are beautiful and the experience I had at his office was amazing. The 24 hour rapid recovery was painless. I was back to doing my normal daily activities within hours post op. My results are natural and perfect. The Motiva implant is an amazing product. Dr Epstein picked the perfect size to fit my body. Motiva not only looks natural but feels natural. I am so happy to be a part of this study. I recommend Dr Epstein to everyone. He has changed my life and has given me a boost of confidence about my body I have never felt before !

flag | Submitted October 27, 2018

Epstein. He and his staffs are so nice and friendly, they make me feel so comfortable when I am at his office. I had chose round gummy implant for my breast augmentation. My surgery date was on 9/18/18. During the procedure, I had an episode of high blood pressure. After the surgery, Dr.Epstein had acknowledged me to follow up with my own primary doctor regarding blood pressure. Dr.Epstein is so caring and detailed toward my health. He even took time out of his day to call me at home ask me how I was feeling. I loved Dr.Epstein's "One Day Recovery". I did not need to take Ibuprofen after the first day of surgery. It is truly amazing!!! I was able to lift my arms up above my head, doing the arm exercise on the first day. My breasts was feeling pressured and numb. Other then that I was feeling fine. I was running house errands on the next day. It is truly amazing, I am amazed with Dr.Epstein's "One Day Recovery". I am now 5 weeks post op and I am very impressed with the healing of breast incision site. The incision site heals beautifully. I also received flowers the day after surgery from Dr.Epstein & his staff, what a nice gesture. I can't thank Dr.Epstein and his staff enough for their caring and professionalism. Dr.Epstein is an amazing, exceptional, caring doctor. He takes prides of his work. I highly recommend Dr.Epstein.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

update from my procedure I had done on May 31st with amazing results to my vaser lipo to the mons and labiaplasty pain free. I can't thank Dr. Epstein and his wonderful staff enough for all there assistance or concerns. It was so nice to receive that evening phone call from Dr. Epstein to see how i was feeling after my procedure that day along with a follow up call the next day. When arrived day of procedure they all make you feel comfortable and before you know it your awake and home to heal up and about the next day just follow the recipe for healing and in six weeks all good. The mons on the other hand can take a little longer for the swelling to reside and did have some funky stages through the process, but just have to massage it with care and looking good. also everyone heals differently it's made four and a half months for the mons but I'm lucky cause it can take even longer. So I highly recommend Dr. Epstein for any procedure with amazing results but also a caring doctor that is there for you along with his wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

I can’t say enough about the amazing experience I had with Dr. Epstein and everyone in his office. This was my first experience with any cosmetic surgery; I was both excited and nervous getting my procedures (4D VASER Lipo of abdomen, flanks, mons area with BodyTite of abdomen). From the first time I walked in to the office Dr. Epstein listened to my concerns and took the time to explain the procedures and put me at ease. I am an active working woman and could not afford much down time. Within 2 weeks of making the decision I was on his schedule. The day of surgery Dr. Epstein and his staff were informative, accommodating, and made me feel comfortable as soon as I arrived. He reviewed everything with me and introduced me to all of his surgery staff. Dr. Epstein even took the time out of his day to call me at home to ask me how I was feeling the night of surgery. Within 3 days I was back at work with little discomfort, and within 3 weeks I was back to working out and running. Each day I could see more and more results. I am now 5 months post op and my adnominal looks and feels amazing. I could not be happier with my results. I can’t thank Dr. Epstein and his staff enough there caring and great bed side manner made my first cosmetic experience exceptional.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

Dr. Mark D. Epstein's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1984)

• BCBS Massachusetts