Ratings for Dr. Simon Lavi

Dr Lavi performed a 3 level cervical ACDF on January 18th. I had previous cervical surgery by another doctor that left me with pain radiating down my neck and shoulders. I had difficulty walking due to the pain and had to rest often and I was apprehensive of additional surgery. My condition was far worse than expected. Dr Lavi worked a miracle and had to break my neck in 3 places and remove osteophytes. My spine had started to fuse itself together. It's been less than 3 weeks since surgery and I feel great. I had very little pain after surgery and even less at home. Dr Lavi improved the curvature of my neck and I may actually be a bit taller now. At this stage of recovery I can tell that my range of motion has improved. I'm no longer skeptical of glowing reviews for Dr. Lavi as I now know firsthand of his competence and compassion. He'll treat you and your family well. You will be fortunate to have him as your surgeon. Thank you Dr. Lavi for giving me my life back!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I have seen Dr. Lavi for several years now. All I can say is that he is a miracle worker. He has done a neck and shoulder surgery on me over the last 7 years, and I feel absolutely amazing. I was advised of all the possible treatment options and Dr. Lavi reluctantly opined. It was the best decision I ever made. I had severe headaches and migraines for 2 years that actually caused me to get sick. I had not only severe pain and stiffness in my neck with severe arm pain, but had this one sided facial and eye pain that no one could figure out where it was coming from. After my neck surgery, all that pain and discomfort as well as hypersensitivity of my face and headaches went away. Infact thats the first thing I noticed when I woke up from surgery. I have been pain free since. About 2 years later, Dr. Lavi did a revision shoulder surgery on me, that had not gotten better when a well known shoulder surgeon at Kerlan had done. After Dr. Lavi's surgery and with the aggressive therapy he put me through, I am almost back to normal and can now sleep at night. Sure Dr. Lavi is stern and tells you like it is. He doesn't put up with BS He doesn't give you narcotics if he smells you are an abuser, and definitely doesn't take c rap from no one. He is no nonsense! He doesn't sugar coat anything, but has a heart of gold. He will take care of you like a family member and all his patients I have spoken to agree. If you want the real deal, go see him. I agree with all other posts below. Dr. Lavi is superb and I LOVE HIM.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Dr. Lavi completed a successful L4-L5 spinal fusion on my back in early 2013. All was well and within 8 weeks I was walking 6 miles a day. I was back to trail running and lost the 35 pounds gained after my initial injury. In late 2015 I began to feel some back pain. As I was also initially diagnosed with degeneration in L3/L4 and L5/S1, I returned to Dr. Lavi for a check up. Through questions and some tests he was able to determine that the hardware was causing irritation to my back muscle and putting pressure on the nerves in the same area of my back. This situation occurs about half the time following fusion. He fought with my Work Comp provider to eventually get clearance to remove the hardware. The surgery was completed in early 2017 and was much less involved that the initial fusion. I was only in the hospital about 36 hours and sent home. In 2 weeks out from surgery, I feel as good as I did after my fusion healed. I was walking 2 mi a day and added 15 min a day to that on the elliptical trainer by day 14. Thanks Dr. Lavi !

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I had been suffering from severe neck and arm pain for years. I had very bad pain in my shoulder blade and a lot of headaches and migraines. I had tried every treatment imaginable over the years and had simply put off surgery that was recommended by a couple surgeons. I went to Dr. Lavi for a second opinion given his excellent reputation as a surgeon among cops. It took a while to get in but most definitely worth it as I have no regrets. Dr. Lavi explained my situation and problem in detail, and after asking him about my surgical options, he advised me of an option that the other surgeons had not. He did tell me that he never guarantees results, but thought that he could help me. I spoke to other patients of his that he had done similar surgeries on, and everyone of them raved about Dr. Lavi and their surgery results. I had been somewhat skeptical about having surgery on my spine especially my neck, but I ended getting it done and could not be happier. The pain in my arms shoulder blade and migraines were gone immediately after surgery. I woke up and I could feel a big difference. I had very little pain afterwards and the scar is less than an inch. I feel like I have gotten a new lease on life and am forever grateful to Dr. Lavi for giving my life back. His staff are consulate professionals and were there for me every time I reached out in need. If you are considering spine surgery, do yourself a favor and go talk to him. You will not regret it.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Lavi for the past six years for verious injuries I received in my career. My first surgery was for carpel tunnel. This past Friday I went in for a Cervical Fusion, Disk replacement, Disk rejuvenation, and a Stem Cell transplant. This was one of the biggest surgerys in my life to which I was nervous. In my office visit before the surgery Dr. Lavi went over what he was going to do step by step which made me feel less apprehensive. He's very thorough in his dignosious and preparation. It's been six days post surgery and I haven't felt this good for six years. I am very THANKFUL our pathes have crossed. Dr. Lavi has a gift and a talent that is guided from above. Dr. Lavi is truly a professional and the BEST at his profession. Thank You for giving me my quality of life back. Truly Greatful, Keith Thompson

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016