You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Simon Lavi

Dr. Lavi is a professional, a compassionate, caring, and highly skilled surgeon. He is straight-forward, explains everything, encourages you to research, get second opinions, ask as many questions as you need to until you are comfortable with your decision. When Dr. Pospisil referred me to Dr. Lavi, I knew I was being sent to the best qualified spine doctor. I had a tri-level,cervical neck surgery, involving two fusions: c-5,c-6,c7, and an artificial disk at the c-4. I was immediately out of almost all of the pain upon waking from the surgery. I followed all instructions, packed with ice and my husband took two weeks off of work to care for me. I had surgery December 7, 2012 and was able to return to teaching my fourth grade with a GATE Cluster on February 4, 2013, seven weeks after surgery! I started physical therapy three months after surgery and continued to do the exercises given by Dr.. Lavi and Dr. Pospisil. I show collies and trail ride with our horses so my fear was I was not going to be allowed to participate in the two hobbies I have had such a passion for more that thirty years! My first time in the show ring was the end of March 2013 and won Winner's Dog and Best of Winner's. My students last year all passed their CST with Advanced and/ or Proficient in both Language Arts and Math. This was a class that was made up of GATE and regular education students at various proficiency levels. Because of Dr. Lavi, I was able to return to my career that I love, teaching. If you are in a situation like mine, you are scared, in a lot of pain and are slowly losing the use of your body and surgery is your only option, be thankful if it is Dr. Lavi that is going to be your surgeon. He has a God-Given gift to heal through his surgeries. I know, I am one of his success stories. I am grateful to Dr. Pospisil for referring me to Dr. Lavi. He will tell you straight and deliver on his promise. If I could give Dr. Lavi five stars, I would. He is THAT good at what he does. Brinda Lee Chavez

Submitted January 11, 2016

I had a major neck reconstruction with Dr. Lavi 4 weeks ago. I have not felt this good in years. I had severe pain and weakness in my arms and legs, not to mention bowel & bladder incontinence. I had great difficulty walking as my balance was severely compromised. I had seen several doctors and surgeon that wanted to operate on my neck from the front and the back. I was fortunate enough that one of the neurosurgeons I had seen, recommended to Dr. Lavi. From the very first day I saw Dr. Lavi, I knew there was hope. I had the opportunity to speak to several patients of his that had undergone this kind of surgery, all with glorious praise of Dr. Lavi and the incredible results he achieves. His staff was more than professional in accommodating me, and Dr. Lavi gave me all the options available to me. He went over the severe complications with me enough times that I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. The day of my surgery, Dr. Lavi held my hand until I was put to sleep by the anesthesiologist. When I woke up, I could immediately feel the strength in my arms and legs. I could not wait to get up and walk the following day. It has been almost 4 weeks since my surgery and I can say that I am almost 100%. Dr. Lavi has given me my life back as I have not felt this good in years. I would recommend Dr. without reservation. His professionalism and expertise in this field is second to none. I am eternally grateful to Dr. Lavi and his staff for all they have done for me.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. Lavi did a cervical reconstruction on my neck just 12 days ago. I feel ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I had one level fused, one level replacement, and each level above spaced appropriately... AND I have NO plates or screws in my neck. Talk about cutting edge technology!! I can not believe how terrific I feel. In addition, I usually suffer from severe headaches and migraines due to my neck pain, and I haven't had a single headache since my surgery. If anyone is having neck or back pain...go see Dr. Simon Lavi. He will be honest with your diagnosis and provide the BEST care anyone can ever find.

Submitted January 4, 2016

After a traffic collision I went to see Dr. Lavi. I had severe pain to my left shoulder and lower back. About 6 months after my shoulder surgery co workers would ask how my shoulder was. I had to think for a bit before I answered because it felt so good I forgot about the pain I had experienced. It has been 5 months now since he fused and then removed the hardware from L4,L5 and S1. I am kayaking, horseback riding and motorcycle riding now, pain free. I thank you and my horse thanks you Dr. Lavi.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

To Experience someone putting a knife to your throat to your throat is a life changing event. Fortunately for me the cutthroat was Dr. Lavi. I went years struggling to get through the day due to pain, numbness, tension, loss of feeling, and depression, as a result of my neck condition. Dr. Lavi's healing hands improved my quality of life and gave me reason to smile again. THANK YOU TEAM LAVI!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

I went to Dr. Lavi for Chronic back pain. I was immediately impressed with Dr. Lavi's genuine concern and compassion for my well being. Even though his office is busy he still finds a way of making you feel important. After surgery, and of course following his physical therapy recommendations, my back pain has been dramatically reduced. I am now able to bike ride, exercise and do many other things I didn't think I would be able to do anymore. If you are fortunate enough to be seen by Dr. Lavi you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend Dr. Lavi.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Dr. Lavi is a great spine surgeon. I should know because he taught me more than I ever learned in my residency training. I routinely send very complex cervical cases to Dr. Lavi and he has always done a wonderful job on these highly complex cases. He has a great staff and I give him my most outstanding recommendation.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

Dr. Lavi is top notch. The only problem with being that good is he is a bit overloaded. Very hard to get in but, I suppose if you want a great and fair doctor, you just have to deal with delays...

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

EXTREMELY CARING AND PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR. DR. LAVI TREATED ME WITH THE UTMOST OF RESPECT AND WENT THE EXTRA MILE IN EXPLAINING MY CONDITION. UNFORTUNATELY HE ADVISED AGAINST THE SURGERY I WAS HOPING TO HAVE. I HAD WAITED FOR MONTHS TO GET IN TO SEE HIM, AND AT THE END I WALKED OUT WITH FEELING RESOLUTE. I HIS REALLY SOMETHING SPECIAL. FEW DOCTORS HAVE EVER TAKEN THE APPROACH HE TOOK. HE ACTUALLY IS A HIGHLY SPIRITUAL MAN THAT BELIEVES IN A HIGHER AUTHORITY.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Dr. Simon Lavi's Credentials

The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America
Wellpoint
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lavi is a professional, a compassionate, caring, and highly skilled surgeon. He is straight-forward, explains everything, encourages you to research, get se..."

January 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a major neck reconstruction with Dr. Lavi 4 weeks ago. I have not felt this good in years. I had severe pain and weakness in my arms and legs, not to ment..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lavi did a cervical reconstruction on my neck just 12 days ago. I feel ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I had one level fused, one level replacement, and each level ab..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After a traffic collision I went to see Dr. Lavi. I had severe pain to my left shoulder and lower back. About 6 months after my shoulder surgery co workers wou..."

October 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "To Experience someone putting a knife to your throat to your throat is a life changing event. Fortunately for me the cutthroat was Dr. Lavi. I went years strugg..."

October 4, 2015

October 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Lavi for Chronic back pain. I was immediately impressed with Dr. Lavi's genuine concern and compassion for my well being. Even though his office..."

July 2, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "90239" to "90242". Address has been updated from "None" to "7700 Imperial Highway". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15628035040".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lavi is a great spine surgeon. I should know because he taught me more than I ever learned in my residency training. I routinely send very complex cervica..."

May 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lavi is top notch. The only problem with being that good is he is a bit overloaded. Very hard to get in but, I suppose if you want a great and fair doctor, ..."

May 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "EXTREMELY CARING AND PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR. DR. LAVI TREATED ME WITH THE UTMOST OF RESPECT AND WENT THE EXTRA MILE IN EXPLAINING MY CONDITION. UNFORTUNATELY HE AD..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lavi and his staff are amazing. After dealing with chronic pain and horrible experiences with Workers comp for the last 16 months, Dr. Lavi was a breath of ..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lavi performed surgery on my husband Mitch who had 2 surgeries and was still unable to walk without a walker. Surgery was finally approved and Dr. Lavi perf..."

March 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After experiencing a surgeon who could care less about my condition, I was referred to Dr. Simon Lavi, my Angel! At my first visit he was appaulled at the leng..."

March 13, 2015

March 12, 2015

February 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Two years ago i suffered a work related accident. After several doctors who gave me none sense treatment i went to Doctor Lavi who immediately diagnosed surgery..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've had Dr. Simon Lavi for 8 years now and i have to admit that he and his staff are AWESOME!!!!! I had a workers comp case and he saved me from being in a whe..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "EXCELLENT Doctor & Surgeon!!!! Very compassionate and caring."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lavi is the BEST. He has been treating my husband, a retired Los Angeles fire fighter, for the past year. My husband was referred to Dr. Lavi by another cow..."

October 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been see in Dr. Lavi for 6 years now. I work for the county of LA and have had numerous spine and orthopedic injuries that Dr. Lavi has treated over the ..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "It is so obvious that all of Doctor Lavi's ratings were made by the same individual employee who wants to keep his job. I have been seeing Dr Lavi for 2 years..."

October 14, 2014