Ratings for Dr. Robert Richard

On the first visit, Dr. Richard, was very cold and indifferent. Same for the second visit. He scheduled a nerve conduction test for my foot and leg. Had prior problem with Kenalog 10 injection in between 3rd and 4 toes at base of foot from a podiatrist. My chief complaint to Dr. Richard was that my foot feels numb and worse numbness, since a large piece of ice fell on my 3rd toe. He scheduled me for nerve conduction test, and he performed the nerve conduction test. I had a lot of complaints to him about prior doctor/podiatrist who put a kenalog injection in my foot that caused tissue damage. Dr. Richard didn't believe me., he treated me as if I were a liar. I complained, and he said "yes, yes, this is the 10th time I have heard this complaint" . Since my foot had feeling prior to first kenalog 10 injection, and great loss of sensation following, I told Dr. Richard that I would like this information as part of my records. Well, during the nerve conduction test that Dr. Richard performed, he put a bulky blanket over me to keep me covered. I couldn't see what he was doing. Had had prior nerve conduction test over a year ago with no results found, so this one was a bit different. He put the needles in and the pain was bearable, then he said "this is going to hurt" and I had more pain in my foot. After the nerve conduction test, I saw two red spots on my foot. One was bleeding. This never happened to me with prior test a year ago. He said it was nothing. I came home and while walking in house, felt horrible pain in the inside of my foot, like a muscle contraction. Then a few days later, I had excruciating pain radiating throughout my ankle, starting first from the red mark in my foot. I called and asked Dr. Richard if he put kenalog injection in my foot. He of course said no. I took photos of my foot directly following nerve conduction test, and a week later have scars. I know what kenalog injection does from one injection over a year ago. It doesn't heal for awhile. And this was the case for the nerve conduction test. I believe Dr. Richard put kenalog injection in my foot that has caused me excruciating pain throughout my whole ankle. I believe he put the injection in to cover for the first doctor who used kenalog 10 in my lower foot between toes. I see that others do not like his demeanor, as he lacks a good bedside manner, very cold, indifferent. Anyone else receive poor care from this doctor?

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

I saw Dr. Richard in 2013 for help with a constant dull headache. All of the administrative aspects of my visit went well. My case was somewhat unusual and Dr. Roberts could not ultimately find a medical explanation to my headache. He seemed knowledgeable and I'm in no position to contradict his methods, but I will echo what others have said about his impersonal demeanor. If you are looking for a good bedside manner, you may want to check elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr. Richard is a very knowledgeable and experienced physician. With only three visits that included a testing and a follow-up, he was able to pinpoint the cause. He took his time to listen to me. He was thorough with his diagnosis and gave me detailed explanations of his findings. He is professional, soft-spoken and friendly. I would definitely see him again, if needed.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

My first visit Mar 2013 with Dr Richard. I liked him a lot and felt confident he is going to get to the bottom of my issues. he has requested further testing and will follow up with him after this test. I was impressed with him.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

I was seeing Dr. Richard for migraines. I just saw him again in January of 2013, for an assessment of a serious TIA I experience (about my 5th one). Dr. Richard did not read why I was there. He came in the room and immediately accused me of being an addict to Fioricet, that he prescribed for my migraines, and aske me where else I was getting this medication. I was astounded by his approach and rudeness. Not being an addict or obtaining medication anywhere else, I told him so. My husband had to chime in and inform him that I was there for a TIA assessment. Unfortunately, I have to change neurologists because of this experience. I would not recommend Dr. Richard to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

I have been seeing Neurologists for 25 years and when I moved here from Seattle, I had to find a new Neuro. I was not impressed at all with him, as he didn't seem to really care what I was trying to explain to him and what my treatment plan had been and what I was hoping to try next for migraines. Like someone else said, totally void of personality, where I was uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

I've seen him with my first visit, he really listens as well as ACTUALLY reading what the symptoms you've written down for the 1st patient form. He is quiet, but not rude. You can sense his calm gentle manner. He recommended some tests and blood work until next visit to see what the problem is. I like how he doesn't rush and just prescribe pills without taking it step at a time. The office staff was ok. But that's not what I'm there for. They were somewhat rude. He was on time and a very good doctor who cares.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Went to see him for headaches, took time to find out my history and see what we could do to help this problem. My headaches have decreased by 50% and it only took vitamins and minerals to do so, my problem is no longer a problem. Very thankful for his help. -stephanie, 21.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Richard for 2 years for tremers and Muscle twitching. Very patient, knowledgeable and caring. I have read other reviews that he takes time in listening to patients and I observed this to be very true. Keeps track of what is being written and said by patients during the visits. Made me feel comfortable and reassuring. Recommend this Doctor highly.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010

Knowledgeable and listens to what you have to say. Actually reads the info you put down on the initial paperwork and goes through any questions you might have. He is totally void of personality but that doesn't get in the way of him doing a thorough job. He does not try to rush you through and shows quite a bit of competence in his examination and evaluation. He gets my recommendation.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Dr. Robert Richard's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA