Ratings for Dr. Brent Culver

I felt patronized and dismissed by this doctor. He didn't listen or ask questions, jumped right to what I feel is an erroneous "easy way out" conclusion, gave me a perfunctory exam, and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I will never return.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I have been seeing dr culver for 4 years. I always held any information and diagnosis he offered with the highest regard, until recently. After following his medical suggestions, trying to be patient and never questioning his expertise; I began to feel like I was never going to find much improvement. After an excruciating and terrifying experience, neither dr culver or his medical assistant called for 2 days. When I finally was able to speak to dr culver about this, he became very defensive. I also asked him questions about several tests that had come back flagged as high, and asked why he never mentioned them, he became verbally hostile and began counting the number of times he had apologized from the beginning of the appointment. I inquired about why his notes he himself wrote on my medical file after my prior visits were contradictory to several facts I showed him as quoting, and he became so enraged, I became fearful and extremely uncomfortable. The more questions I asked, the more verbally intimidating he became. I have never experienced anything similar in my life, and hope no one else does either. I am thankful that the last two visits with him I had my fiancé, as I can't imagine how the dr might have acted if it were just myself. I again left his office, in tears, leaving feeling worse than I arrived, without any defining answers and zero factual medical improvement.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

After waiting for 3 months for a consultation to discuss a form of rheumatoid arthritis, I was dismayed to realize Dr. Culver had no idea why I was in his office. Once I explained the reason for the visit, he found my x-rays, and glanced at them for no more than a minute and then proceeded with an interview. Although he asked pertinent questions, he did not listen to my responses at all. He had no understanding whatsoever of the type of inflammation I feel every day. His diagnosis, which I believe is incorrect, felt dismissive, as did his opinion of the supplements I listed. He half heartedly suggested I see him again in 6 months. I found this suggestion to be especially insulting when I realized he only gave me one refill on the anti-inflammatory he prescribed.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

I had to wait six weeks in order to see Dr. Culver. When it finally came time, he didn't listen to my symptoms, and had no sense of humor. Furthermore, everything he told me were things that I had read on the Internet and had reinforced by a Naturopath (who saw me within 3 days of making an appointment). He spent no time trying to dig deeper, so gave me no further insight into my condition. It was a complete waste of time and money. The low staff rating was due to the fact that the staff was not even local and were unable to recommend a local pharmacy.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr Culver's for almost four years, and I enthusiastically recommend him as a physician. I am a professional in a field of biological sciences, and am always impressed by Dr Culver's knowledge and his ability to explain the complexities of autoimmune disease. I am also impressed that he attends conferences to stay current on research and treatments. He consistently listens patiently, answers my questions, and works with me to find new solutions and treatments when they are needed. I never feel rushed or that my concerns were not being heard. Overall, I am so glad I have someone like Dr Culver to help me navigate my difficult disease.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

I am in the biotech field and a scientist myself so I have a very high standard for the physicians that I choose. Dr. Culver is knowledgeable, professional, always great with follow up and willing to spend as much time with me as I needed and when I had a problem with my psoriasis after a viral infection he took his lunch time to come out and see me and prescribe a medication to help me with the outbreak and pain. He is helping me go learn how to deal with my psoriatic arthritis with kindness, warmth and patience. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

Dr. Culver was referred to me by my internist (who is a top-rated physician in San Diego), and from my first visit with Dr. Culver to my last, he has been nothing but caring, kind, and professional. Because of Dr. Culver's advice, I am now back to leading a full, active life. As a matter of fact, I travel from San Diego to Santa Cruz to see him. Both, my husband and I are grateful Dr. Culver is my physician and that I finally have my life back. I would also like to add that I have NEVER seen Dr. Culver lose his temper and it was shocking for me to read that. I have seen Dr. Culver steadily for two years now and he has always been gentle and kind and thorough. Signed, A loyal patient that travels the miles for a great doc.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

My experience with Dr. Culver is definitey not a good one. I have suffered from rheumatoid arthritis for most of my life. Needless to say, I have dealt with many Dr.s over the years. While not all my experiences have been pleasant, Dr. Culver was definitely the worst. My experience with him takes the cake. He misdiagnosed a problem I was having which landed me in the hospital. He also actually YELLED at me on two different occassions. I am a professional and I have never experienced this type of behavior before with a Dr. It was shocking, scary and unprofessional. I was finally able to switch Dr.s through a referral from my general Dr. Deaing with this Dr. was very stressful. I wanted to share my experience because I''m sure he''s done this to other patients. He has a very short fuse! Beware!!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

Dr. Brent Culver's Credentials

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Cruz, CA