Ratings for Dr. Drew V. Moffitt

I had my consultation with Dr. Moffitt at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialist in January 2017. This was our last chance with fertility before giving up. We had been at this for years. After 4 unsuccessful attempts of IUI, we decided to switch doctors. From the very first consultation, my husband and I felt very welcomed and comfortable with Dr. Moffitt and the entire staff at ARMS. I was assigned a RN to follow me through the entire process. Gail and I became great buddies…talking almost every other day at times during the different stages of IVF. With all of the tracking, shots, meds, ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc I NEVER felt like a patient number. I always felt like family. You get to know all of the staff from your frequent visits. Then it came down to embryo transfer day. We were so on edge and nervous praying this was going to work and make our dreams come true of having our family. Every single person was so upbeat and asking if I needed anything or how I was feeling. They had great conversations to try to get my mind off of what they knew I was obsessing about. I thought the transfer was stressful, but the next 9 days before the blood test that would determine if it worked or not was worse. Dr. Moffitt calls that day with the results himself. THEY WERE POSITIVE! A dream come true!!! The next couple follow up appointments with the ultrasounds to make sure everything was progressing properly, Dr. Moffitt performed himself. I have never felt more comfortable and part of a family than I did at ARMS. On my last appointment, Dr. Moffitt gave me a gift bag with an ARMS teddy bear, resources, gift, and handwritten card. My husband and I could never thank Dr. Moffitt, Gail, and the entire ARMS staff enough. They are true miracle workers and I can’t wait for them to meet our little miracle. I would recommend ARMS to anyone and everyone.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I would not recommend going to Dr. Moffitt, like the other patient said in previous reviews, if there's a chance you might hurt his success rate, he will have no interest in treating you. I'm 40 and he gave me the run around. Cost me money out of pocket, they told me to pay $618 up front OOP which was my 20% co-ins and had me start the follistim injections which cost me $1000 OOP that went towards my Rx Ded. Just to turn around and say after taking the injections for 6 days that he don't think we should continue unless we use a donor egg. I was told my AMH levels were not good and with me being 40 no provider will want to continue with IVF with my own eggs. I did a little research and found out that if you are low on vitamin D which I have been most my adult life, this will lower your AMH levels and he did nothing to try and help me once they got paid. All he said to do if he wanted to help us was ask if I have been vitamin D to help my AMH levels and he would have found out that I haven't cause I didn't know this had any affect on me. We could have waited a few days or even a week and retest to check my levels. I'm moving on to a new fertility Dr. that specialize in older women and have had a very great success rate. I should have went with my gut feelings about Dr. Moffitt but wanted to give him the benefit of doubt. I guess if you feel something wrong get out while you're ahead. Even If they would want to continue to help me even for free, I wouldn't go . I do not trust Him. Now we are OOP almost 2k just for him to play doctor. I want our money back. The office is also on the Rip off report.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Dr. Drew V. Moffitt

Dr. Drew V. Moffitt's response
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very  sorry that you felt pregnancy rates are the driving factor in my treatment recommendations. My motivation for communicating to you what I did was to make sure you were given honest information about your chances. I try very hard to protect my patients from the financial burden of continuing a cycle that has little chance for success. I never cancel a patient as long as they have at least one growing follicle and I never cancel a patient to protect my pregnancy rate. However, when a person has less than 5 growing follicles, not only does the chance of getting pregnant become very low, the possibility that they will not have an embryo to transfer becomes very high. In these cases, I recommend cancellation so they can save their money to try alternatives that may provide a greater chance for success but in the end I leave the choice up to the patient. Usually continuing in a cycle with a very low egg number results in spending seven times the cost you mentioned with almost no chance of success. My job is to give honest information and let the patient decide. I regularly have patients in this situation. Some choose to continue and we do our very best for them. Others choose to try another month when things might be better or move on to something else. With 23 years’ experience in treating the most difficult infertility cases in the Valley, I use that knowledge to help my patients make the best choice for each unique situation, but in the end, I always support their choice as long as there is at least one growing follicle. My priority is providing top fertility care for each patient, which will always include recommending the treatment plan that offers the best chance of success for my patients to have a baby. (More info here: https://arizonafertility.com/fertility-library/female-infertility/age.) Although I cannot discuss specific patient experiences online, I would like to invite you to call 602-351-5327 if you would like to discuss this further offline. Thank you, Dr. Drew Moffitt

Submitted April 20, 2017

Was awesome at first but once the IVF process was over and I was pregnant, it turned awful. Instead of having my concerns answered the same day, I now had to wait and wait for one of the 2 nurses to call back. They would take 3 days sometimes! The nurses acted like your friends at first but once the money was out of the situation, they became rude and condescending. Was actually told once that all my concerns were in my head. Took two weeks just to be seen by Dr Moffit after a very scary trip to the hospital cuz he didn't think it was necessary. All in all, they were great until money was no longer involved. Happy I was able to leave them at 8 weeks and find my own doc that I love

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. Moffitt was very knowledgable & confident in my treatment plan. This was my first time going through IVF & am now 4 months pregnant! After doing a lot of research I'm glad I picked him & his staff. We will be going back to him if decide on baby #2!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

I feel very fortunate to have had Dr. Moffitt as my doctor for reproduction. I am currently pregnant with baby number 2, a frozen embryo transfer(FET). My first child was conceived through in-vitro fertilization (IVF) at Arizona Reproductive Medicines Specialty (ARMS) here in Arizona. I choose Dr. Moffitt's practice because of his credentials and experience in reproduction. Finding out that Dr. Moffitt as well as some of his staff too has experienced issues with fertility made me feel a sense of support. I am joyed by the hugs I get everyday from my first child and happy for another addition. I also will never forget all the hugs I received from ARMS! I am ever so grateful!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr Moffitt and his team are excellent. At my first consultation Dr Moffitt had spent time reviewing my medical notes and previous fertility history. He had a plan of action for IVF treatment and answered all my questions. He didn't try and rush me out of the office like I experienced in other practices. The nurses are all very friendly and the facilities are clean, tidy and very comfortable. Communication was good, although sometimes calls and emails aren't returned as quickly as you might like. The whole process was very smooth and proffesionally run. We are delighted that our first round of IVF with ARMS was a success and we now have a beautiful daughter who is 2 months old. I would definitely recommend ARMS to others and we will hopefully back in the future for baby #2!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I went to Dr. Moffitt after failed IVF at another clinic in the valley. The clinic I was at was all business, but with Dr Moffitt, I felt he actually cared and I wasn't just $$. He was always profession, informative and he never gave up. He kept me in the loop and we discussed my options and made decisions together. He really is the best Dr...and I am not 12 weeks pregnant all because of him. All the staff were friendly and helpful....they would get me in and out for my appointments which really helped as I would have to run back to work. I HIGHLY recommend you see Dr.Moffitt.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

My wife and I had an appointment with Dr. Drew Moffitt. We scheduled the appointment a few weeks ahead and also, provided our insurance information to them to see how much we're covered with the insurance. I was told from one of Dr. Moffitt's staff that our insurance will not cover anything for our visit and we would have to pay $192 upfront out of pocket. We were okay with it because we trusted them although it was our first and last time seeing this doctor. The problem isn't the $192 that I had to pay upfront but, he also turned around and billed my insurance after telling me that they will not cover anything for my visit. Why would you bill my insurance when you were told from them that you weren't getting paid and I already paid you upfront? I checked my insurance claims and sure enough this doctor got the money from them as well so, i should have had to pay only $50 instead of $192 I was overcharged $142. HORRIBLE experience & now I have to wait 6-8 wks for a refund.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

The worst medical experience ever was with Dr. Moffitt. I went to see him for infertility treatment. Not only did I bleed after a pelvic exam, which has never happened before, he gave us no hope for treatment. After a blood test, he immediately wanted to move to donor eggs because of my age (33). Then he said he would be willing to try IVF (at $20K) "but it likely wouldn't work". IUI was out of the question. We bolted to another clinic where we were successful with a $500 IUI. He never tried any stimulation drugs to see how I would respond, which is all I needed. I suspect that if there's a chance you might hurt his success rate, he will have no interest in treating you. Horrible doctor with ZERO bedside manner.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

Dr. Moffit was always very helpful and informed. I enjoyed how quickly he was able to diagnose what previously had been a "medical mystery" to so many other doctors. I was pregnant within two months of my first visit to Arizona Rerpoductive Medicine Specialists

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

Dr. Drew V. Moffitt's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Named one of the "Top Docs" in Infertility in Phoenix Magazine for many years, Dr. Drew Moffitt is a board certified infertility specialist at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists. As a Reproductive Endocrinologist for nearly 20 years, Dr. Moffitt currently serves as the medical director at ARMS, the director of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center and an assistant professor at the University of Arizona. He completed his training in reproductive endocrinology and infertility medicine at the Jones Institute of Reproductive Medicine in Norfolk, Virginia, an institution that pioneered in-vitro fertilization and is one of the largest and most successful programs in the world. As a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and is Board Certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Dr. Moffitt has significant clinical and experience in assisted reproductive technologies and reproductive surgery. He is also an active member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine and serves as an ad-hoc reviewer for the scientific journal, “Fertility and Sterility.” “Having experienced infertility treatment with my wife, I have an understanding of the many stresses associated with being an ‘infertile couple. When people see a doctor for help, they want answers and solutions, not questions and problems. I want them to know that I have time for their questions, that we’ll work together as partners in search of solutions, and that all of us at ARMS work hard to provide the most appropriate, cost-effective care possible.”

• Spanish

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1988)
  • University of California, Los Angeles (Grad. 1988)

• Female infertility