Ratings for Dr. Steven Sklar

Dr Sklar misdiagnosed me and would not listen to my concern. He brushed off a severe herniated disc injury as a muscle pull. Refused to give me the proper medication and it was not until I went to a specialist who sent me for a scan that he actually took the issue seriously. He is not a great doctor and I will not be returning as a patient.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

best, easy to talk to and he is very fast to solve the problem , not a pill pusher

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Works hard and knows his stuff, can be a bit dry in a conversation but overall is a good Doc.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Dr. Sklar is very in tune with my family and genuine. Sometimes I think he tends to not listen; but overall he cares, he's up-to-date with the latest & greatest and he throughly follows-up. His front desk staff is less to be desired and specifically Denise has a tendancy to talk down to patients while on the phone. She's rude, abrupt and overall easy to hate. She does not follow through with her committments (referrals) & no matter who you express those concerns to, it falls on deaf ears. I would have gotten rid of her long ago! Dr. Sklar is a great family doctor and I've been going to him for over 25 yrs. now. My entire family goes there. Definately recommend him to friends and neighbors all the time.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

He has taken care of me and my family for years, Can sometimes be quick, but will stop and listen if you have questions/concerns. Up to date on the latest meds/procedures/medical info. Thorough. I like him a lot.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

Tends to be very dismissive and talk over you when you're trying to explain illness/injury.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

Dr. Steven Sklar's Credentials

• Italian

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1975)