Ratings for Dr. James W. Baker

Dr. Baker seemed to have a great amount knowledge about my condition. He informed of possible complications. He was highly referred by another physician. I didn't have any problems with the staff, they were actually very helpful after my procedure.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I would not recommend Dr. Baker to anyone, He preformed hemorrhoid surgery on me, the office staff and as well as himself seemed to care prior to the surgery however, after I had the surgery I was in horrific pain. I and well as my husband made several calls to the office the pain meds weren't working. There were no adjustments made to my pain management and when the prescription was finished i wan't given anymore refills even tho the pain was still unbearable. I was simply told by the staff I should be better. I was screaming with pain and tears with BM's. I followed his protocol after surgery. We were never able to talk to the Dr. My husband had had this surgery before without ill effects so we thought there were complications. Long story short, I have anal stenosis i am unable to have a BM larger than 1" long and the diameter smaller than my little finger. I wish i had of been informed of this possible complication.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2013

Dr. BAker has been my physician for many years. He has performed many surgeries that saved me from a permanent ileostomy. When he could not repair a perirectal abcess, he referred me to St. Louis for surgery. I trust Dr. Baker. If he doesn't know, he will tell you. I do wish he would inform patients when diagnosing a disease what other complication can arise. However, he is very busy as he is one of the best colon/rectal surgeons in East Tenn and his staff, with the exception of Belinda, is somewhat rude. They make you feel as if your priority is not one of theirs. I have learned if I need something to speak with the office manager or Belinda, you will see results quickly.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

Gave me a medication that I was allergic to after being told verbally and in writing. I had a major post surgery issue caused by this. I called his office to get a different and this was not put in my records. I had another post surgery complication that required hospitalization. His partner saw me in the hospital and the problem and visit findings were not put in my records. Later, Baker told me I needed a colonoscopy. He did not bother to read my file to find out he had given me on 3 months earlier.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

I had surgery from Dr. Baker a few years ago. His office is always busy, so he must be doing something right. However, I did not have a good experience with him. I can only give my personal opinion and others' experience may vary. I had a very, very bad exeperience with Dr. Baker and his staff. His nurses were downright rude with me and I felt more like a piece of meat than a person. Ultimately, my surgery did not work. The condition improved slightly, but it's still a problem for me. I still have the condition and I would never go to Dr. Baker to have it done again....after all, he didn't fix me the first time.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

Dr. James W. Baker's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

HealthPartners